? What to do with "hi" meter reading (600+)?

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Misterbeesmom, Sep 14, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Misterbeesmom

Misterbeesmom Well-Known Member

is there anything I can immediately to do help my cat? I screwed up his last dose, giving him a fur shot. BG was 398 when I screwed that up (when I mess up, its always an important one). So now +3 my cat actually meowed a few times which is unusual. I tested him and got the dreaded "hi" reading on the meter, which is 600+.

I took a chance and dosed him immediately. I know that's a no-no generally but we're on vetsulin, I botched the last shot, and he burns through this stuff by +6.

is there anything else I can do for him right now? this so completely sucks.

2. Mogmom and Goofus

Mogmom and Goofus Well-Known Member

Not sure what to tell you, but I'd say to just keep a close eye on him. Watch for hypo symptoms and be prepared with some corn syrup and hi carb food, just in case. I always feel bad when I do that too, but we do the best can. ;)

3. Misterbeesmom

thanks. i'm watching him, staying home from work, and plan to check BG every hour. got the hypo kit on standby.

4. Olive & Paula

Olive & Paula Well-Known Member

Is your ss up to date? Last thing I see is August 8.

5. JanetNJ

JanetNJ Well-Known Member

Any update?

6. Misterbeesmom

Sorry no i am way behind and its confusing to post because of dosing every 6-8 hrs

7. Misterbeesmom

Sorry just saw your message. Got him down to high 200's over the next few hours, so all went well no hypo. Thanks!

Mogmom and Goofus likes this.
  8. JanetNJ

JanetNJ Well-Known Member

Good that must have made him feel better

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.