What's The Link To Food List, Please?

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Angela & Blackie & 3 Others, Aug 1, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Angela & Blackie & 3 Others

Angela & Blackie & 3 Others Well-Known Member

Hey, gang.

If I recall, there's a newly updated link to the food list, right? If so, great, and if not, that's fine too. Either way, I have a friend who's cat was recently diagnose with diabetes on Thursday, and well, the cat, named Alfie, is currently on Vetsulin, and the vet's food, both dry and wet. I don't remember the food off hand. Anyway, long story short, I'm trying to get her on here so that she can get the much needed assistance from everyone, and also would like to send her the list so that she can get the best foods for her kitty and hopefully start him on a better wet food diet so that he can start bringing his #s down.

Thank you for your help, everyone. :)

2. Amy&TrixieCat

Amy&TrixieCat Well-Known Member

Here's the link to Dr Lisa's chart:

Food Chart

I hope your friend joins us here!

3. ShadowsMom

ShadowsMom Member

I'm a little confused and hope someone could clarify.

Rhiannon and Shadow posted an updated list of the foods under 8% carbs that showed some differences (mainly in the Merrick and Tiki Cat formulas) from the main Dr. Pierson list. Does Pierson have the new values listed elsewhere that I'm missing?

Here's the link to the post containing Rhiannon and Shadow's list: viewtopic.php?f=28&t=117688&p=1234575&hilit=merrick+food+changed+formulas#p1234575

4. julie & punkin (ga)

julie & punkin (ga) Well-Known Member

Hellen, maybe you could pm Rhiannon and ask her to share where she got that particular list. Manufacturers do change food formulations now and then, making the previous calculations obsolete sometimes. Dr. Lisa updated all those foods on her list a couple of years ago.

5. ShadowsMom

ShadowsMom Member

I did. I'll update when I hear back.

6. Chris & China (GA)

Chris & China (GA) Well-Known Member

Hellen, the link to Dr. Lisa's full chart is the most recent....she just updated it 5/31/14

The short list was made up before the new values were in...but it's still a very handy list to have when shopping.

From Dr. Lisa's list:

The carb values noted
    below are probably higher than they actually are. Even a value of
    10% carbs could actually be closer to 0% carbs. Therefore, stick
    with the directive to stay below 10% carbohydrates but do NOT
    get caught up in whether a diet says 10%...or 5%....or 0%. Take
    it one step further and read the label. For example, if you do not
    see any grains, peas, potatoes, “starch,” or vegetables on the label,
    even if it is listed as 10% carbs, chances are that it is much lower.

7. ShadowsMom

ShadowsMom Member

To be honest, in my case, I'm more interested in the phosphorus values since we're also dealing with CRF. The two lists show significant differences in phos values for some of the Tiki Cat flavors. While 8% vs 10% carbs may not be significant, a 164 phos is considerably different from a 419. I was just wondering if Rhiannon had a different source of info for her Tiki values and, if so, I will need to change what I'm feeding Shadow. Juggling multiple conditions is SOOOO much fun.

Edit: I see know where the sortable chart has been linked to the main chart. The values differ there and it's the main chart that's been updated. Good to see that the lower values are right and that I can keep feeding! Happy Shadow and mamabean!

8. rhiannon and shadow (GA)

rhiannon and shadow (GA) Well-Known Member

I see I need to update the Tiki cat on my list.....

I'll go re-check them all.... and date the update.....
    thanks for pointing it out....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.