when to decrease? questions

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Mouse & Me, Apr 29, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mouse & Me

Mouse & Me Member

Is the hallmark of a decrease just getting a number below50 on a relion (human meter)? Or, should you wait until you get more green numbers AND a number below 50?

My cat seems to get a low number, bounce high, surf around 250's, then gradually get lower, so I can see a decrease coming up, BUT, should I hold off until I see more green?
    I almost feel as though she's going reverse: high, surfs, then an occaisional low, instead of good numbers, low, high bounce occaisionally.

MJW likes this.
  2. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Great seeing those greens today, :D For newly diagnosed cats like Mouse, we reduce when they go below 50. She is just bouncing when she sees the low numbers, but that will get better as she sees more green.

3. Bobbie And Bubba

Bobbie And Bubba Well-Known Member

Nice cycle today Mouse.

I noticed on you SS that is calibrated color wise for the AT meter. So now with the human meter if you get 67 or lower it will fill in your cell to a lime green and with a human meter, that would be a safe number. If you don't know how to change , you would have to manually color those numbers in or you could ask for help with the more tech savvy peeps.

4. Mouse & Me

Mouse & Me Member

I changed the chart on the 16th of January to Relion meter. Most people use it, so it made sense to switch over for better communication.

5. Mouse & Me

Mouse & Me Member

The numbers dropped when I started syringing water into her. I never see her at the water dish anymore, so I've been adding so much water to her canned food, that it almost becomes flavored water. ugh! I wanted to see if more water in her system,(syringe),without overdoing the water added to the food would make a difference. it did.......Maybe a coincidence, maybe not.
    I picked up a water fountain tonight, to see if that would help her to drink on her own. Just as she was about to drink, the oscillating fan hit her, and -zoom- took off. I hope this doesn't create a fountain aversion. Maybe she'll try later....I blocked the fan.

6. Dyana

Dyana Well-Known Member

That's too bad about the fan. Maybe if you just move it away from the fountain a few feet so she can still see where it's at (not blocked from view) and hopefully she will go get a drink from that tempting new water fountain.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.