When to give evening dose if stalled the morning dose?

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Tomlin, Jul 17, 2019.

1. Tomlin

Tomlin Well-Known Member

I stalled the morning insulin dose by 2 hours due to the BG #, so I wanted to confirm that I delay the evening dose as if I had a change in schedule for another reason & follow one of the two options for getting back on time:

Option A:
    Give in 15 min increments (earlier) until I get back to the normal time OR

Option B:
    Shoot 30 mins earlier 1x/day starting tomorrow

Thank you!!

2. AmandaE

AmandaE Well-Known Member

Yes, those are the correct options!

I think a more extreme option if you're on a tight timeline is to skip a dose and then for your next dose use the schedule you want. I would wait for members with more experience to reply before you adopt that method ;)

If you can do Option A or B that would be the best way :)

Tomlin likes this.
  3. Sue and Luci

Sue and Luci Well-Known Member

The recommendation is to move the dosing time by 15 minutes at a time - so in a day - you can move 30 minutes total (two injections, time changed by 15 minutes each time)...you can walk your dosing either way by doing that - it only takes a few days to get back to an original time. If you change the time by 30 minutes or more, the injection can act like an increase -if you're moving the shot time up...hope that makes sense...it's also in the stickies at the top of this forum.

AmandaE likes this.
  4. Tomlin

Tomlin Well-Known Member

@Sue and Luci, @AmandaE

THANK YOU so much for the info:). I have the ability to walk it back 15mins at a time, so I will do it that way. It is good to know the "extreme option" as well in case we ever need it.

AmandaE and Sue and Luci like this.