Which auto feeder??

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by bri4937, Feb 4, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bri4937

bri4937 Member

I purchased the 5 compartment auto feeder from Amazon, but am not really happy with it. The times are not very accurate. I thought I had it set for 11 and it went off at 10:15. Does anyone have an auto feeder they would recommend? I would like at least 2 compartments and it has to be pretty secure. Phoenix likes to attack and try to break into her feeder!

2. dirtybirdsoaps

dirtybirdsoaps Member

What brand feeder is it? I think most of us use the petsafe 5, but that may be what your using already. Have you checked the batteries? Also you can email Amazon, returns are simple especially for faulty items.

3. Critter Mom

Critter Mom Well-Known Member

It's not a Cat Mate 5-compartment feeder by any chance? I ordered one of those and returned it because it was pants.

4. bri4937

bri4937 Member

It was the cat mate one. I really don't like it.

5. dirtybirdsoaps

dirtybirdsoaps Member

Id suggest returning it and getting the petsafe 5 then. No problems with it opening, although Ive had one of my cats try with no success. I have 3 of them, and one gets off on time every so often but only by like 20 seconds and I'm sure I need to just replace the batteries.

6. Critter Mom

Critter Mom Well-Known Member

When you described the problems with the timer, I thought as much. I tested the one I ordered and there was no rhyme or reason to when the feeder would open. Also, the mechanical timer was extremely limited in terms of the intervals between feeds (even if one could rely on it to open on time). I also didn't like the fact that the cat needed to go around the feeder. The final issue I had with it is that it would be incredibly easy to burgle.

The Petsafe 5 has a digital timing mechanism, the feeder bowls rotate (not the cat!) and I believe it's fairly burgle-proof. Wish I had heard of the Petsafe before I got my other feeders.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.