Whitie AMPS 445, +3 327

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by DenaAndSmudge, Sep 13, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DenaAndSmudge

DenaAndSmudge New Member

Last night his numbers progressively inreased to a high AMPS. Is this normal after giving just a drop of syrup? Or is this a symptom of delaying the shot? Or could it be that I lowered the dose .25? I guess I need re-assurance that lowering the dose was correct and I just need to ride out this wave. Thanks everyone!

2. Shiloh & Rhonda (GA)

Shiloh & Rhonda (GA) Well-Known Member

You were definitely proper in reducing the dose, since he got a 32! Did you recheck that number to make sure it wasn't a wonky test? And his higher number could very well be a bounce. He is not used to green numbers, and definitely not used to one that low.

3. DenaAndSmudge

DenaAndSmudge New Member

Yep...checked twice both ears got 29 and 32 @Shiloh & Rhonda thank you I will stick with the lower dose ... just didn't like that 445 this morning.

4. Bron and Sheba (GA)

Bron and Sheba (GA) Well-Known Member

I agree with Rhonda
    Yes, I would definitely say Whitie is bouncing from the 32. Bounces can last for up to 6 cycles...there is nothing you can do about it....just wait it out. It is frustrating but it is a normal part of the diabetic dance. As he gets used to lower numbers, he will hopefully bounce less. My cat bounces a lot......is gradually doing it less, but with a 32 she would bounce.
    You did the right thing reducing the dose.

DenaAndSmudge likes this.
  5. julie & punkin (ga)

julie & punkin (ga) Well-Known Member

He's bouncing - but tonight I can see his pmps 162 and I think he's clearing the bounce. I'd definitely get a +2 to see what he's going to do. Sometimes when cats are clearing a bounce they can get a lot of momentum going and drop faster than you'd expect.

He's looking great, Dena!

DenaAndSmudge likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.