who knows of a good Canadian online Pharmacy??

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Patty & Champ, Apr 20, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Patty & Champ

Patty & Champ Well-Known Member

Because Canadian prices for the Lantus SoloStar pens are so much cheaper, I'm going to ask my vet for a new prescription (I got a vial with my current prescription) for the Solostar pens and need to know the name of a reliable Canadian pharmacy who will ship to the states. Walmart wants $225 for five pens and doesn't sell one pen at a time. I saw a Canadian pharmacy called Big Mountain Drugs that sells the 5 pens for $125!!! So I need recommendations please. I know we have a lot of Canadians on this board. Are there any Americans out there who order from a Canadian pharmacy??

2. Lisa and Do Lou (GA)

Lisa and Do Lou (GA) Well-Known Member

http://www.canadadrugsonline.com/

this is where I ordered mine from my vet had to fax the script to them 5 pens was 138.00 this included the shipping this was about 2 months ago

3. Patty & Champ

Thank you, Lisa!! :D

4. Natalia & Enana

Natalia & Enana Well-Known Member

The ones I bought from http://www.canadadrugsonline.com/ where made and shipped from Turkey (the cheapest prices are those). It took about 16 days to my door. They came in a cooler with ice packs that where not cold. The box with the pens wasn't cold either.

I havent used the pens yet so I dont know if they work.

5. Lauren&Tommy (GA)

Lauren&Tommy (GA) Well-Known Member

Patty, I just placed an order on Monday with pharmacyrxworld.com for 5 pens for $110.00 with free shipping.. Said they should be here in 7-10 days. Let me know if you want any other info (ordering online, e-mailing th prescription, etc) I would be happy to help. :smile:

6. Patty & Champ

Let me know if it arrives in good condition, Photosquirrel (what a name!!). We're already getting temps in the 90's so I don't need hot insulin arriving and then not knowing if it's any good. But $110!! Good price. I can't image it traveling all the way from Turkey like with Natalia. There's no way an ice pack can last 16 days!!

7. Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA)

Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA) Well-Known Member

I just received my shipment of 5 Levemir cartridges from CanadaDrugsOnline. They were shipped from British Columbia and took 9 days to get here. The ice packs were cool. I paid more ($160) for the Canadian Lev. (as opposed to the Turkish, which was $110); I originally ordered the Turkish, but they told me they would not be shipped with an ice pack from Turkey. I did a lot of research on the Turkish manufacture (for Lev., Novo Nordisk, the same as the rest of the world) and learned that almost all of the European countries have their medicines manufactured in Turkey. My main reason for purchasing the Canadian Lev was the shipping with an ice pack, so I paid more (it is a lot less than it costs in the US).
    Hope this helps. I have ordered Lantus from CanadaDrugs Online (last summer) and it was fine. Cost then was $129. for the 5-pack, including shipping.

The following website is helpful; http://www.pharmacychecker.com/

Ella

8. Patty & Champ

Thanks Ella. How do you know where it's made? Do I need to take to the pharmacy directly and ask them?

9. Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA)

Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA) Well-Known Member

Yes, I think that it would be good to talk to them in advance. But in general, the Turkish manufacture will be cheaper. Check out the website I posted in my other post. It has good info. on the various pharmacies and what to look for and what to avoid (primarily pharmacies that do not have a physical address).

Good luck,
    Ella

10. Lisa and Do Lou (GA)

Lisa and Do Lou (GA) Well-Known Member

http://www.sanofi-aventis.ca/l/ca/en/la ... E3369094#L I just went and looked at my pens from canada drugs online and they were made by the company to the left and it says allow up to 3 weeks for delivery on my label but it took only about 8 days and mine did arrive cool but I guess everyone's experience can vary this was my first ordering online since up till now I had gotten my insulin at walgreen but with 5 pens being 225 there I wanted to at least given online ordering a try

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.