Why do folks use Wellness Core and not Complete Health?

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by merlinmarshall, Jan 7, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. merlinmarshall

merlinmarshall New Member

Hi,

I emailed Wellness in October 2015 when one of my cats was found to have kidney disease. I was looking for phosphorus information, but they gave me everything.

Why do people feed Wellness Core instead of the Complete Health Recipes for diabetic cats? The Complete Health choices with chicken or turkey, either as a single meat or with fish (except trout or lobster) have lower carb counts than the flavors of Core, except for Beef, Venison & Lamb, and Turkey & Duck, which have carb contents comparable to the Complete Health series. I'm referring to Dry Matter percentages.

Merlin

2. Melanie and Smokey

Melanie and Smokey Well-Known Member

You are talking about the canned food correct? Many people use it. I just call it Wellness or the regular Wellness instead of Compete Health. It doesn't actually say Complete Health on the can so I couldn't tell what that was until I Googled it. It is what I try first with all my diabetics. Chicken Wellness is great for converting dry food addicts. Some people were having diarrhea, vomiting issues with Wellness for a while so I think they lost some customers.

3. merlinmarshall

merlinmarshall New Member

Hi Melanie,

I should have been more specific. Yes, I was referring to canned food. On the cans, it does not say Complete Health, but if you go to the website, the picture is of regular Wellness, the first line to come out. It is less expensive than the Core line, and in terms of carbohydrates, more flavors have low carbs than the other lines of Wellness.

My first time fostering kittens for a shelter many years ago, I was going to start them on canned Wellness. It gave them diarrhea, and I had to switch them over to Friskies canned kitten food (now called Fancy Feast kitten food, the turkey, not fish flavor).

As someone else noted on the boards, Wellness is pretty expensive if you go to a pet food chain to purchase it. But if you go to something like a farm and feed store that carries it, you can get it for much cheaper. I pick it up at a place called The Andersons General Store for that very reason.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.