With thoughts of Myagi, I am sorry to divert attention; however, amps=64, shot half dosage of .1

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by GA Carol & Dante, Mar 14, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GA Carol & Dante

GA Carol & Dante Member

I can't stop thinking about Heidi and Myagi, my eyes will show it at work today.

In light of this, I am embarrassed to even ask for assistance; however, I am in new, uncharted (literally) territory. Dante's amps was 62, so I shot half his dosage - instead of .25, I shot .1, it took about 7 minutes just to measure it on my caliper; it seems like only a few drops. Previously, Dante knew when his BG's were low, and would run away when I tried to shoot him at 110 as he felt my fear. This morning, with his BG at 62, he came right up to me to get his shot...I am glad he had more confidence than me! I know the drill now, test, and leave food out before going to work, I will come home from work during the day to test if BG before work (8:45) is too low.

Was this the right step? Should I have waited 20-30 min and retested? The guide for SLGS recommends not to shoot <90? Do I stay on .1, or go back to .25? Any assistance would be greatly appreciated!

2. krazy4kritters

krazy4kritters Member

I feel like a real dope now. I just posted a similar question but Diamond’s Amps was 161 and I’m nervous. Lol I’ll probably be a basket-case if his ps was in the 60s

3. GA Carol & Dante

GA Carol & Dante Member

Hah, Trust me, I felt the same way as you do right now; however, being on this forum will bring you to new heights with dosing that you would never have dreamed of! It is ONLY through the wisdom of these 'angels' here who are willing to give their time and many years of experience that I am able to shoot at 64. These people have been through what we are going through, my vet(s) didn't follow their cats as closely as suggested on the forum, so I don't know if I would have taken their advice so seriously; here, I trust it completely, as you have so many saying the same thing to you! Follow their advice to the 'T', they know how to give instructions, and if you aren't sure, ask! You're in great hands here!

krazy4kritters likes this.
  4. GA Carol & Dante

GA Carol & Dante Member

Wow, I just tested at +1.5 and Dante's BG jumped from 64 to 106, I hope the .1 dose wasn't a fur shot...I will test again before going to work at 8:45

5. Nan & Amber (GA)

Nan & Amber (GA) Well-Known Member

Could be food bump, or he could just have already been on his way up.

Good job shooting low!

Under SLGS, you'd stick with the 0.1U for now after the 64. He'll let you know if he needs more juice.

6. GA Carol & Dante

GA Carol & Dante Member

Nan, thank you for your response, thanks for the support, a bit worried that I wasn't scared of shooting low..hah, this forum definitely take you new heights!
    Gotcha, will stay at .1, thank you!

7. GA Carol & Dante

GA Carol & Dante Member

Ah, I just tested, and back down to 82, I guess it wasn't a fur shot, a few drops worked!

Nan & Amber (GA) likes this.
  8. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

I think how you handled the lower pre-shot was fine. I didn't see in your signature if you're following TR or SLGS. FWIW, with TR, if numbers are in a normal range for a week, you reduce the dose.

If you're able to get home to test closer to mid-cycle, it may not be a bad idea. Sometimes the depot kicks in and you don't see the effect of a reduced dose during the current cycle.

9. Bobbie And Bubba

Bobbie And Bubba Well-Known Member

Good job shooting Carol! He is looking mighty fine!

10. Phoebes (GA)

Phoebes (GA) Well-Known Member

Should I be reducing Phoebe? Sorry just read this and went ?

11. PussCatPrince - GA

PussCatPrince - GA Well-Known Member

I cannot help as far too much of a greenhorn but I will write this. Heidi wouldn't want anyone to go without asking for the help they need. None of us would. This is the glue that holds FDMB together. The asking for and receiving of help.

:bighug:

GA Carol & Dante likes this.
  12. Bobbie And Bubba

Bobbie And Bubba Well-Known Member

When numbers are all green ( under 100 on a human meter, a reduction is earned.

Phoebes (GA) likes this.
  13. GA Carol & Dante

GA Carol & Dante Member

Totally understood, thank you for your response; however, in my own small, humble way, I was showing respect for Heidi and Myagi as they were going through a severe crisis while at the same time, I was sheepishly requesting guidance for myself. Thank you for showing concern - and of course, for the big hug!
    :bighug:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.