Woden baby eat please(update)

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Woden's_mom, Sep 8, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Woden's_mom

Woden's_mom Member

Woden.. eat darn you, and more than a few spoonfulls. I have tried allmost everything I can think of. Now we even have a few can's of recovery rs diet from royal canin. I know it may take a looong time. But I am soo worried of him loseing more weight he is super thin allready. Were assist feeding him kinda allright but he is putting up one heck of a fuss with it.

I know time and care and love and determination. But grrrr..

2. LynnLee + Mousie

LynnLee + Mousie Well-Known Member

Re: Woden baby eat please...

are you giving any type of appetite stimulant like cyproheptadine or mirtazipine?

3. Woden's_mom

Woden's_mom Member

Not yet. My vet is waiting till I can get him into visit for a check up (hopefully this weekend). He just got out of the e-vet least week thurs. Got off his tube sunday. Still on amoxicilin, and pepcid and sub-q. Though I talke dto her this morning and she wanted to try the Recovery RS first before resorting to more drugs.

4. Pam and Layla

Pam and Layla Member

I'm sorry, but it sounds like Woden needs the stimulent. How much is he eating per day? It should equal about 6 ounces of food - or 3 of the 60 ml tubes.

When force-feeding, it might help to feed smaller meals.

Call your vet again in the morning and ask them to call in the rx to your local drug store - if Woden doesn't want to eat there is no reason to delay. He should've had them when he came home from the hospital. It's possible your vet hasn't had that much experience with this situation so doesn't realize that it takes the stimulent to get them to eat - it isn't the taste of the food. They have to feel the hunger.

Best,
    Pam & Layla

5. Woden's_mom

Woden's_mom Member

He is getting down depending on the day between 2/3 to 1 full can of pate or around 5 to 6 oz. thats with me helping him out. On his own he gets maybie 2oz. He gets food right now 3 to 5 times a day.

Oh he feels the hunger. He begs for food like no tomarrow. He will eat a whole bag of treats if I let him >.> He just takes a few bites of wet food then considers himself full. And eats a few kibbles like 20 if I let him have em.

Like I said he originaly came home with a tube but sence it was destressing him when he tried to eat and the fact he was showing interest in food they took out his nasal feeding tube. It's slow going but he is kinda eating more every day. But not by much.

6. Meleksmommy

Meleksmommy Member

Melek has been a little fussy about eating the leftover, refrigerated food, but whenever I feed him the rabbit, he goes nuts and gorges. If you can, I recommend a rabbit wet food, all 3 of my cats are crazy for it, it might help.

7. Woden's_mom

Woden's_mom Member

We have eating.. like tons of eating. To the point I have to say no for fear iof him causeing himself to puke. We went from not wanting to eat much to someone turning on the flood gate of hunger.

And we did it without stimulent meds. I guess his tummy and neck were finaly not sore from the tube and his other meds were over.

8. LynnLee + Mousie

LynnLee + Mousie Well-Known Member

fantastic news!!

9. Kelly & Oscar

Kelly & Oscar Well-Known Member

Yay Woden! flip_cat

10. Venita

Venita Well-Known Member

That's great news.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.