Wondering if I should shoot or not

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Lynn & Rupert, Jul 21, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lynn & Rupert

Lynn & Rupert Well-Known Member

Hi, Rupert's AMPS were below 200, so did not shoot. Tested again at +2 and +4, numbers above 200 @ +4, so gave cautious .5 dose. Been checking every 2 hrs and the numbers are slowly raising, not going lower. It's been 5 hours since the .5 shot was given. Not sure what to do. Would appreciate any advice. He did eat some higher carb wet food, not intended for him, snuck by me and thought it was his twin brother! It wasn't too bad, but higher than his usual wet food, he didn't eat very much, maybe 1/4 can of a 5.50z can. Not sure if I should give him another 1/2 dose tonight or just skip and give in the morning. His normal dose is 1 unit of ProZinc. Thank you in advance!

2. Lynn & Rupert

Sue and Oliver (GA) just gave me some good advice about this, she suggested to wait till morning to shoot. Thanks again Sue!

3. Chris & China (GA)

Chris & China (GA) Well-Known Member

Maybe you should paint one twins nails so you don't mix them up....LOL

4. Lynn & Rupert

Ha! Not a bad idea or a red dot on top of Rupie's head! :cat: :rolleyes:

5. BJM

BJM Well-Known Member

Food dye - intended to be consumed, so not likely to be toxic to the cat.

6. Lynn & Rupert

For sure, but I was only kidding! But we have to be careful what we put on or in our cats, as I am aware of more than ever now (stupid dry high carb food :mad:).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.