Worm's in my cats Stool..... Advice Help!

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by cat mom 929, Apr 3, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cat mom 929

cat mom 929 New Member

confused_cat My cat Violet has small rice looking worm in her stool.
    She has had them since i first got her at 5 mo.old.I tryed a over the counter liquid de-wormer and they seemed to go away. BUT as time went on... every now and again i see one on her backside...so she still has them.
    What should i do. Not working at this time so a vet is not an option for her at this time.
    I L♡VE my Violet...and want her worm free...is there any home remedy, PLEASE any advise will be helpful. Vi will be 2 years old on May 25th. She is an indoor cat. She sometimes ( very rarely) escapes and takes a min.or 20 to chase and catch her.(running thru the grass catching a stray flea or two) i flea comb her...but this worm thing is dangerous for her health and I want it gone and Violet healthy and WORM FREE.
    The med's over counter had only been used once...i know it cant be good for her... I don't want to buy over the counter med's unless they are going to work for her and I only have to use it the one time to get rid of them I do give her a bath to rid her of any fleas but she seems to keep having worms. Please help me any advice..... Thank you.

2. MommaOfMuse

MommaOfMuse Well-Known Member

That sounds like Tape Worms and so far this is the best thing that I have used to get rid of them dewormer Also tape worms comes from fleas so keeping her flea free is the best way to keep her worm free as well, she doesn't have to go outside to get fleas those little pests can hike a ride in on your clothing as well. So best defense is getting her on a good monthly flea protection. I have 14 cats and a large dog and so far what has worked the best for us is Advantage.

Mel, Maxwell, Autumn & The Fur Gang

3. Hillary & Maui (GA)

Hillary & Maui (GA) Well-Known Member

You didn't say in your post, but do you have other cats/dogs in the house? If you do, then you need to treat ALL the animals as they all may have worms/fleas and will continue to spread it among each other, even if they don't show any worms coming out their butts.

And you also need to vacuum all rugs and upholstered surfaces - ie. sofa, chairs, etc and was all soft materials, bedding, linens, blankets, pillows - as fleas, flea larvae etc, can be on this surfaces as well. It can take several weeks to eliminate fleas and larvae from the home, which is why several rounds of flea treatment is typically recommended.

My cats are indoor cats and they got fleas last summer. Like Mel said, could have come from any outside source that was brought in....

4. BJM

BJM Well-Known Member

The Tape Worm Tabs in Mel's post are available through our shopping partner Amazon

Just click the link above, and you'll be on the page for cats.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.