Worried-----Argggh!

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by TreySpot, Jun 26, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TreySpot

TreySpot Member

I've been checking Michael's BG for about a week now and he seems to be all over the scale. Right now i'm using Novolin N as i'm on a fixed income. The first of the month I will be able to switch over to Lantus (although the pharmacy wasn't sure how long it would take to get it to me - 2 weeks up to 2 months). He is still walking down on his hocks.

I had him into my vet yesterday so we could compare glucometers and there was a big difference. The first reading (pre-shot) was 564 on vet's and 443 on mine. Second test was 5 hrs later and vet was 60 and mine was 36. I just about had a cow. Vet gave him something to eat. Micheal has never shown that low before. I gave him more food when I brought him home and watched him like a hawk.

On top of that I couldn't take any more readings as I couldn't find the meter. Found it this morning - it seems a certain young cat discovered a new toy to play with. It stays zipped in it's case from now on.

MrWorfMen's Mom and Julia Rae like this.
  2. Julia Rae

Julia Rae Well-Known Member

Also I am unable to access your spread sheet to look at it.

3. Julia Rae

My name is Julia and my fur son is Magellan, I understand your limitations as I am also fixed income. When Magellan started his dance he was also on Novolin n as well, what is the meter you are using?

4. TreySpot

TreySpot Member

I'm using the ReliOn Micro. Not sure why you can't access the sheet though.

5. BJM

BJM Well-Known Member

We know that human glucometers generally read lower than veterinary lab machines. See my signature link Glucometer Notes for more information.

6. Julia Rae

It says I need permission... weird

7. Shiloh & Rhonda (GA)

Shiloh & Rhonda (GA) Well-Known Member

@TreySpot check to make sure that you clicked publish to the web, and then make sure it is the entire document, and republish when changes are made is selected.

8. TreySpot

TreySpot Member

Thank you Rhonda, hope I got it right now.

9. Shiloh & Rhonda (GA)

Shiloh & Rhonda (GA) Well-Known Member

It is still saying I need to request access.

10. BJM

BJM Well-Known Member

Try clicking the Share button in the upper right, and using that link.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.