would someone take a peek?

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Anonymous, Apr 16, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

i think tomtom really is ready for another dose redux. if you will look at his SS please note that last night i was one full hour late with his shot (been really good lately but life happens) and the pmps were nice as well as this morning's amps. And becuase of last night i slept a bit late and his dose was 1/2 hour late.

Soooooooooooo, in summary it is like he has had a dose redux any way and still nadirs quite low. i will be slowly getting back on schedule tonight in 15 minute increments but would like to go to .5u

tomorow is a work day and i won't be around for testing from +1 till +5 which is when he would need me IF he were to need me.
    so does the group think tank think it would be prudent and appropriate to lower dose again?

2. Lana & Yoyo

Lana & Yoyo Member

Hi Lori,

I can't offer you any help on the dose reduction --- I am still lost myself.

I do have a question though. I was looking at your spreadsheet and noticed those 600's at the beginning. I don't think I have ever seen a 600! You have been a member since Dec 2009 so I am assuming Tom has been diabetic for over a year now. I didn't find a spreadsheet of his BGs before starting Levemir. What was going on with his previous insulin. Tom certainly has been doing quite nicely on Levemir! No more 600s. . .

Lana

3. Vicky & Gandalf (GA) & Murrlin

Vicky & Gandalf (GA) & Murrlin Well-Known Member

Tom seems to be holding his own nicely. There wouldn't be any harm in reducing and the numbers will tell you if it's the right move or not in a couple days. Do Tom's BGs react to the full moon at all? That is coming up on the 18th.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hi Lana,
    Actually tom and I joined after his dx in august '07! at the time we were OTJ in just 28 days which lasted for 2.5 years.
    Than Jan 2010 I noticed 'signs' and he indeed was having numbers. sigh. within that year he grew steadily worse and worse..it was awful and the sheet to view that is visable on the SS if you look down below and see a PZI link for that page. i started a new page for his levemir.
    yes it has been quite a fantastic turn around for us.
    so i'm kind of a mid-newbie with the levemir but an old timer with the pzi and usually still hang out in the pzi room to watch my old and new friends in there.
    personally i am now convinced Lev is a better insulin but some folks are just not ready for any changes.
    Lori

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

and btw,,,my meter cuts out at 600 so it was likely higher than 600 most of the time.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Vickie tom as far as i can tell does not react to much. i do know for sure he reacts to vet visits and cats visiting his property....other than that i think he's pretty un-reactionary.
    so...tonight he gets .5 then. :mrgreen:
    it still blows my mind how much he has improved as Lana called my attention to!

7. Vicky & Gandalf (GA) & Murrlin

Vicky & Gandalf (GA) & Murrlin Well-Known Member

I'm glad Lev made a believer out of you. I was really afraid you were going to give up on it.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

oh no...i never wanted to give up. it was hard becuase i know tom has some differences about him that the pzi people knew and understood. also the mindset thing...that's a real tough hump to get over. and i suppose the other way around too. some L users show up in pzi and are not ready to lower dose or not shoot a number...they just don't get it.

9. Ilkka and Tom

Ilkka and Tom Member

Awesome. Whatever you are doing, keep doing it. Reduce or hold, you will know. Right now you have a lot of green and blue buffer.

Ilkka

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

hey Illka! how is your tom doing...i'm gonna check your ss k?

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

OMG Illka, I must admit I do not understand what you are doing....you maybe would have to 'splain it to me verbally cuz from the looks of it...i'm not getting it. the numbers. the dosing. scary stuff.
    i do see you are doing TID, it's not that.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

well tom was 130 tonight and, well, i know he tends to ride higher at night so i caved and gave the .75
    the amps will likely start the .5 if he continue's his cycle of low 100's amps. or even the dreaded green shot. i hate that when i have to leave for work nailbite_smile

13. Kelly & Oscar

Kelly & Oscar Well-Known Member

You aren't seeing numbers below 50 just yet, so I don't know if I'd go all the way down to 0.5u just yet. What about a fat 0.5u?

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

hi kelly, a fat .5 sounds good. +10 this am is 112 and he just had breffis number 1 so i fully expect (but could be wrong) that his amps will be lower. the food dip thing. going to work will be scary to shoot a green as i've said. may BCS a .5 or who know's ....even less depending on the number.
    going off the juice is such a scary time and i have little doubt that is what tom is trying to do.

15. Pam & Alley

Pam & Alley Member

Wow, Lori, what a difference! Tom sure seems headed the right way...OTJ????
    I am now shooting at 1 to 1.5 drops...can you believe these small doses really work so well?
    My vet told me that anything under 2 units will not have any effect. WRONG!
    Keep up the good work and an ear scratch for Tomtom.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

hi pam...what do vet's know about fd? sad to say....generally verra verra little!

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

just looked at your SS...now THAT is unbelieveable!

18. Phoebe_TiggyGA_NortonGA

Phoebe_TiggyGA_NortonGA Well-Known Member

Doing great, I see -- keep up the good work!!

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

AMPS 61 shoot?
    anyone still doubting tom's food drop? +10 112...amps 61
    YAY

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.