wtf? It's 12:30 am and she peed on me!

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by srk4cats, May 2, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. srk4cats

srk4cats Well-Known Member

244. I think she was yowling for awhile, but I slept through that, so she peed on me near my face. That woke me up to a view of her twitching butt. I tried to get a ketone test, but it had already soaked into the pillow. What does she want?

2. LuvinThisPig

LuvinThisPig Well-Known Member

I have no advice or medical related conjectures and I am not sure this would even offer consolation.. However, my civvie boy Tail use to do this to me all the time and he is as healthy as a kitten. He came from a very bad beginning and is incredibly sensitive for a kitty. At one point there was a lot going on in my home and I was not able to afford him the one on one time he needed (I quickly fixed the issue). He would wait until about midnight until around 3ish in the morning and start running the length of the house yowling and if I did not immediately wake up he would back his little fluffy butt right up to my pillow and pee. I think for him it was stress and it was in this way that he was expressing his displeasure with me..... :p I wish I had more or better advice! I know it is an awful way to wake up. Hopefully, the experts might have an idea!

3. srk4cats

It's good to know this happened to somebody else. Anyway, it's a good thing she woke me up because I checked my email and the schools will be closed tomorrow so I don't have to go to work.

4. LuvinThisPig

LuvinThisPig Well-Known Member

Yay for a vacation day! :woot:

5. Amy&TrixieCat

Amy&TrixieCat Well-Known Member

Since I assume this is not typical behavior, I would keep close tabs on her for the possibility of a UTI. Cats who pee inappropriately are usually trying to send a message that something is wrong.

PussCatPrince - GA likes this.
  6. Bellasmom

Bellasmom Well-Known Member

It has happened to me too, bella meowed and meowed for me to get up 1 morning but it was to early yet so I ignored him, I woke up feeling warmth on my leg, he had peed on me, bet u now when he meows I get up now!! Lol

srk4cats and PussCatPrince - GA like this.
  7. Bobbie And Bubba

Bobbie And Bubba Well-Known Member

How horrible! I was looking at your SS and Chloe gave you a 97 pre shot and there weren't any test after that until she peed on you and then she was 244. I'm wondering if she went a lot lower and was reacting to the lower number and then spiked up. I would suggest you trying to get more test in than just the pre shot numbers or you won't have all the information you need to know whether to lower the dose or increase the dose.

The other possibility is what Amy said, that she could be trying to tell you there is something wrong, UTI or stones.

8. Stacy & Asia

Stacy & Asia Well-Known Member

She earned a reduction both on 4/21 and 4/28 with those 30s she gave you (I’m sure she’s had many more lime greens since that weren’t at preshot), but you’ve kept her dose. She’s getting too much insulin and not being monitored. All we can do is guess what is happening right now, but if she gave you a low preshot, we know she’s already overdose on insulin, was yowling for some time and peed right by your face, my best guess was she was asking you to help her, likely because she went very low. Hypoglycemia feels pretty horrible, you get confused/angry and shake on the inside, hungry, rapid heartbeat, cold sweats, like you’re going to faint ...it can feel like you are dying.

9. Mandy & Rex (GA)

Mandy & Rex (GA) Well-Known Member

With you getting an unexpected vacation day, maybe you can run a curve to see what Chloe tends to do during the day.

10. Sandi&Maxine&Whispy(GA)

Sandi&Maxine&Whispy(GA) Well-Known Member

I think that it is hilarious that your first thought (and mine, if it had been me) was "Get a ketone test!" That's the difference between a sugar cat parent and a "normal" cat owner.

I hope that everything is just fine and she just REALLY wanted your attention :p

srk4cats and PussCatPrince - GA like this.
  11. srk4cats

Her current numbers seem to be steady and her appetite is good, behavior normal. I'll do a half-curve on Sunday. The vet said I should only give her a half dose when she is below 100, but I've been waiting for her to eat and digest a bit (about an hour) and give her a full dose.

12. srk4cats

I don't think it was hypoglycemia. The vet said it's probably a bladder infection which is common in sugar babies. I do wonder why her BG goes UP after the insulin instead of down. Besides, I tested her right after she peed on me and she was at 244.

13. PussCatPrince - GA

PussCatPrince - GA Well-Known Member

I know I shouldn't at all but this made me Laugh in a way.
    It's the idea of opening an eye to a twitching cat bum and then immediately going into special forces alert for a possible ketone test. :p

As horrid as @Stephanie & Quintus waking up to a poo paw in her chops.

I hope whatever it was she wanted is sorted soon, or you at least are able to buy a store of pillows on special offer.

14. srk4cats

She did it again. At least not in my face this time, but between the pillow and the wall behind my head. I'm going to ask the vet for a prescription of antibiotics.

15. Amy&TrixieCat

Amy&TrixieCat Well-Known Member

I would take her in for a once-over and have the vet do a urine culture - a culture will make sure you are using the correct antibiotic for the type of infection she has, as using the wrong antibiotic can cause the infection to not fully clear (and possibly make it harder to clear if you need to restart antibiotics).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.