YAY!!! AMPS of 90 after transition to wet!!!

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Tisha's_Person, Aug 10, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tisha's_Person

Tisha's_Person Member

What a difference! Yesterday, I was really frustrated that we weren't seeing a change in Tisha's numbers with the transition to wet. After a whole day of missed BG readings, an uncooperative cat, and high readings when I could get them, I was not expecting much this morning. We got up and I started to do her shot. Tisha was much more cooperative than she has been, we got the reading on the first try, AND it was down to 90! I am so excited! dancing_cat

We did not do her morning shot on the vet's advice (no shots under 200). Kudos to our vet, too. She pushed us to get a glucometer and at least do her curves at home. Most of what she's told us is basically the same advice that is found here, down to the type of food. When we transitioned to all wet, she gave clear directions for when to give or not give her shot by e-mail yesterday afternoon. She has answered a ridiculous number of questions by phone at no charge. I love my vet! (If anyone is in the KC area and needs one, let me know and I will be happy to give you her name.)

2. Lisa and Witn (GA)

Lisa and Witn (GA) Well-Known Member

That is great news. And it is so wonderful to hear you have a vet that supports hometesting and a low carb diet. Just remember to reward Tisha with a low carb treat every time you test her, even if you are not successful. Soon she will associated testing with good things. Great job. :RAHCAT

3. Critter Mom

Critter Mom Well-Known Member

Yay for Tisha! :RAHCAT

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.