Yellow All Day - What Dose Should I Give?

Discussion in 'Caninsulin / Vetsulin and N / NPH' started by Ozzy Pawzbourne, Dec 22, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ozzy Pawzbourne

Ozzy Pawzbourne Well-Known Member

First Cycle of all yellows, no blues. How much vestulin should I give for his PM shot? 1U or go back to the .75?

As much as I hate all the ear pokes, now I am really wishing I had more data!

This cycle Ozzy only dropped down from his AMPS by 71 points to 241 at +5 and then he started going back up. I'm not sure if the 241 +5 was his nadir. It could have been sometime between the +3.5 and +5 readings, but I doubt with how subtle his BG changes were this cycle (compared to other cycles) that he got below 200 this cycle. I feel pretty confident I did not give a fur shot this am.

Going to get one more BG at +10.5 then feed and shoot (because we have to run out to do some errands)...what dose do you think we should give?

Thanks!

2. BJM

BJM Well-Known Member

If you can stay up and monitor, I'd go with 1.0 units. If you really need to sleep, drop to 0.75 units.

3. Ozzy Pawzbourne

Ozzy Pawzbourne Well-Known Member

I think I can stay up to at least get to +4. Maybe +6 if I can stay awake that long.

BJM likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.