? Yemala 12/19 AMPS 102; +3 76; +4 55; +9 84; PMBG 87 NO SHOT TONIGHT +2 99; +3 92; +4 84; +6 98

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Hroswitha, Dec 18, 2018.

1. Hroswitha

Hroswitha Well-Known Member

2. Bobbie And Bubba

Bobbie And Bubba Well-Known Member

Good morning! What was the AMPS? Nothing on the SS or your title line.

Are you giving a snack at the PM +9? That can help to bring down the AMPS numbers. A drop! Hot diggity!

3. Hroswitha

Hi Bobbie.

Before I go to bed most nights, I typically create the convo for the next day but leave numbers blank. The next morning, despite staring blearily at the screen and trying to remember what's to be done, I can just click on the correct day's link and plug in numbers.

Mala often eats at +9, and last night, shared chicken snacks with my foster ferals. That would be boiled chicken, so very low in carbs.

It is currently +4, and Mala is yelling at me with strong chicken breath. Love this little cat.

Bobbie And Bubba likes this.
  4. Rosie & Bailey

Rosie & Bailey Well-Known Member

Mala's still looking great, but she's stubborn with the blue AMPS, isn't she?

We're going to wait you out, Mala.
    You will cross that blue/green AMPS line!

Mandy & Rex (GA) likes this.
  5. Hroswitha

Blue/green line crossed for PMPS. 87 for the pre-shot value.

I'm able to stall for 14 minutes, then have to either give her a shot or not.

Opinions?

6. Hroswitha

Okay, it's after 6, and she normally gets her shot at 6. I think I'm going to try NOT shooting tonight. See where she goes for a +3 and think about that trial. She's been on a drop forever, and if we shoot tonight, she'll go down into the 40s, but climb after that with a mini-bounce.

If her +2 or +3 is at or lower than her PMPS, her pancreas is coming back on line. That's what we want.

If this is a mistake, it's one I'm willing to own.

Rosie & Bailey likes this.
  7. Rosie & Bailey

YAY!!

Fingers and paws crossed here!
    Come on Mala!!

8. Hroswitha

I don't know if this is the right or wrong decision, but we keep doing the same thing thinking it will get better. It's only a drop. I hope she is starting to not need it.

9. Rosie & Bailey

Life with a diabetic kitty described in a nutshell. We are always doubting ourselves, but I think in this case it was a good decision rather than risk a 40.

Let's see how she does tonight, and if there is even a small lapse, she can always get her drop again tomorrow morning. I'm hoping that making her pancreas work all by itself tonight without the assistance of insulin will give a nice jump start.

10. Hroswitha

It's nice to know this isn't an utterly stupid decision. It may be stupid, but not utterly so.

Thank you for chiming in with support. I have boiled chicken on the ready for later tonight. She'll have to share it with the spoiled foster boys, who think "food" equals "chicken", but she'll get some.

+2 is 99. So far so good.

11. Hroswitha

+3 = 92.

Is it too early to give a WHOOP WHOOP!!!?

12. Hroswitha

84!!!! After she ate appx an hour ago!!!

13. Rosie & Bailey

Not too early! Doing good Yemala! WHOOP WHOOP!!!
    :woot::woot::woot:

14. MrWorfMen's Mom

MrWorfMen's Mom Well-Known Member

I'm adding to the WHOOP WHOOP! Mala is looking fantastic! Good decision tonight in my view!:joyful:

15. Hroswitha

+6, despite some lc food and some chicken, leaves the empress at 98!

I am provisionally encouraged.

Y'all can take the WHOOP as given.