Yemala 12/5 AMPS 177*; +3 48*; +5 50*; +8 72; PMPS 108; +2 101; +4.5 82; +6.5 137

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Hroswitha, Dec 5, 2018.

1. Hroswitha

Hroswitha Well-Known Member

Last edited: Dec 5, 2018
  2. Hroswitha

She's at 50 for her +5. Eating her Weruva - lc, not mc. We don't want her going too high on the other end.

3. Mandy & Rex (GA)

Mandy & Rex (GA) Well-Known Member

It's too bad there is no way to measure half a drop. She's trying her best to tell you (and us) she is done with insulin.

Beth 73 likes this.
  4. Rosie & Bailey

Rosie & Bailey Well-Known Member

I hope mixing in the MC food helps. She's really making this challenging for you, isn't she?

5. Hroswitha

Mala never does anything in a predictable manner. Yesterday, no insulin and the numbers were too high. Today, a drop of insulin and the numbers are low. It wasn't a fat drop - it was just a drop.

We didn't do the mc food mixed in this AM. We'll try that this evening and see where the numbers take her.

I know I keep typing this, but UGH, tortis.

6. Beth 73

Beth 73 Well-Known Member

Renee, we have our first tortie... came to us a year ago at 4 weeks old . Of course we had to keep her and soon discovered what a force of nature she is :woot: Our older boys just look at her as if to say “ good grief girl, chill out”:joyful: Her Name is Boo because her eyes are huge and round . Keeps us on our toes :):bighug:

Mandy & Rex (GA) likes this.
  7. Bellasmom

Bellasmom Well-Known Member

8. Hroswitha

I have had several tortis. My first was Lilith - a magnificent, independent, and ornery kitty who demanded and gave utter loyalty to me. Everyone else in my life either kowtowed or was rejected. She tortured boyfriends until I started dating my husband, who knew to worship at the altar that was my cat. Him, she accepted. We cried for days when we lost her.

We also had a brown torti (Igornia Vencent Stravinski) who was a wickedly effective mouser and impossible to contain in any house, yard, or fenced area.

We adopted Mala with her torti sister Erzuli after we lost Lilith in '99. Erzuli left us in '17 when congestive heart failure weakened her too much.

Now, it's Mala and Serendipity holding down torti spots. Dippy is a muted torti, but is one of those "you may pet me when I choose to be petted, otherwise, feed me and let me be" cats. Only my son is allowed to cuddle her.

I am intimately familiar with tortis. Mala is now reminding me that she's ready to eat again.

Beth 73 likes this.
  9. Tricia Cinco(GA) & Harvey

Tricia Cinco(GA) & Harvey Well-Known Member

Do keep trying with the MC. I really think it's the key to a successful trial and strong remission. Paws crossed!

10. Jill & Alex (GA)

Jill & Alex (GA) Senior Member Moderator

Just throwing this out there as a thought... an idea since Yemala doesn't seem quite ready for an OTJ trial yet...

"If" you're unable to measure less than a drop... "if" you're unable to feed a little higher carb food than usual... while not what we'd usually do, there are a couple options available:
    • you could shoot once a day or
    • you could shoot "as needed". Pick a number and wait for her to reach that number prior to shooting any insulin.
    Basically, what you'd be doing is making an attempt to gently support her pancreas awhile longer. Hopefully, this would lead to a strong remission.

That said, it's also a possibility that Yemala could defy the odds by doing well with an OTJ trial. My guess is she's bouncing from the low the other day and may bounce due to the drop from 177 to 48 today. There's a *possibility* numbers could settle down if insulin is withheld. Who knows? Stranger things have been known to happen. :)

11. Hroswitha

Mala got 137 at +6.5. I think this higher number is the result of naughty girl getting into some medium carb food for another cat.