yesterday December 26th

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Cathie and Shaak Ti (GA), Dec 27, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cathie and Shaak Ti (GA)

Cathie and Shaak Ti (GA) Well-Known Member

I was not able to get out of bed yesterday, I had a mind blowing migraine and my arthritis was way over the top, not even the Prednisone helped. I stayed in the dark all day. My kids took care of me, unfortunately they were unable to get Shaak's BG so we had to go without insulin. I woke up much better today, moving slow but was able to get Shaak's BG and shot.

Shaak is not hiding out anymore, she is back to playing.

I am wondering if I should switch back to Fancy Feast. Anyone have any thoughts on that? Seems most likely the reason for the refusal of food was the UTI. Perhaps I should just wait it out, but the diarrhea is back and I only have 3 doses of Renew Life left. The Nine Lives just may not be working out.

Critter Mom likes this.
  2. Callie & Patches

Callie & Patches Well-Known Member

My Callie loves it, but she will eat anything, especially things shrs not supposed to eat. Some kitties have a more delicate stomach and we have to take that into account. I hope a food change helps her feel better.

3. Nan & Amber (GA)

Nan & Amber (GA) Well-Known Member

Hi--

I don't know if this helps you decide, but my cat only eats one flavor of Fancy Feast, the Tender Beef Feast, and so far (knock wood!) I haven't seen any of the BG rises reported by people whose cats eat the fish flavors. So, while other madness is happening (my deepest sympathies on the migraine/arthritis, that sounds absolutely miserable :( ), it might be an option to switch back to that or other known-safe flavors of FF for a while to see if that makes a difference in the diarrhea and other issues. (I'm sorry that I haven't followed your story closely enough to know if BG rise was the only reason you made the switch, I'm just remembering that it was at least part of the reason).

Critter Mom likes this.
  4. Puddensmom

Puddensmom Member

My kitty is suffering from severe constipation on the pro plan food I switched her to when there was the FF scare. She suffers from allergies and her numbers have been high. I suspected the FF when I read the thread discussing it on here. Since switching her there has been no improvement, so I think the allergies are what is causing the higher than normal numbers. I too am considering switching her back to FF. It's risky for me because she is OTJ, but I hate to see her not feeling well.

Since Shaak is on insulin I don't see why giving FF a try again would hurt. If her numbers go up, then you know she can't have it anymore and that's that. But with a kitty OTJ it is a different ball game playing with food since one mishap can knock them out of remission. You have a little more wiggle room, so I would give it a try especially if she is not doing well on her current food.

Critter Mom likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.