yesterday great, today not

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Sheila & Beau GA & Jeddie GA, Jan 6, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sheila & Beau GA & Jeddie GA

Sheila & Beau GA & Jeddie GA Well-Known Member

So what gives? One cycle of great, not perfect, numbers (perfect would be 20 points lower), followed by a flat cycle 24 hrs later (don't know what happened overnight) ranging between 210 and 250 and no +8 dip. If you asked me I would say a tiny bit of rebound, except he didn't drop low enough, or fast enough, yesterday to cause rebound and I doubt he dropped extremely low last night either.

Looking over his numbers, he has a great cycle every 4-7 days on average and the rest of the time it looks like he has a flat cycle with little movement. I just "fixed" his SS so that there are "pages" per year, which makes looking at the 6 days of 2011 nice, but the previous info in still at the bottom of another page.

Anyway... thoughts? I had him on .75u (he is on .6u now) back in Sept and he hit 39 and bouncing in to the 300s fairly often, so I think that is too high. Maybe .65u? or .7u? I don't want to drive him back into the 300s. Even in the upper 200s he drinks and pees more.

2. Vicky & Gandalf (GA) & Murrlin

Vicky & Gandalf (GA) & Murrlin Well-Known Member

If you can get one more drop in there it might hold him below 200.

I don't see how he could have true rebound on a 98. The whole cycle may have been what triggered it.

You could raise or continue the .6U to see if there's a breakthrough where he can hold those numbers. A bounce on a 100s cycle is no reason to lower dose for sure.

3. Sheila & Beau GA & Jeddie GA

I wasn't thinking a decrease at this point. I think I will hold the .6u for a day or two, but then go to .7 (or whatever). I draw so the top of the stopper is at the bottom of the .5u line with no "light" showing. That may be .65u, but I have been calling it .6u. So, the next step would be to let a hair of light show between the stopper and the bottom of the .5u line. That would be about .07u more.....

What I wouldn't give for a 1/10 cc syringe!

He was 189 this am.

4. Marcy & Klinger (GA)

Marcy & Klinger (GA) Well-Known Member

Nice AMPS today!

5. Sheila & Beau GA & Jeddie GA

More sucky numbers. Last night ps 136 (yay!). +7 was 214, and then amPS was 308! Sigh....

6. Vicky & Gandalf (GA) & Murrlin

Take heart. Gandalf is stuck in 300s today after yesterday AM split dosing him, then I came home early from work and went ahead with lower dose about his usual time.

I think you're just not at the right dose yet. Gandalf would give him decent numbers when he was at 1.25U but not consistently enough as 1.3U.

7. Marci and Buddy

Marci and Buddy Member

COme down Jeddie...Jeddie...Jeddie! :RAHCAT

8. Sheila & Beau GA & Jeddie GA

So, Vicky, are you thinking an increase to .65u or .7u would do it?

9. Vicky & Gandalf (GA) & Murrlin

Seeing as an increase to .65U is 8% and the increase of.1U to .7U is 16%, I'd go with the .65U. I know it seems crazy, but if I increase by .05U at a time it seems to drop him in to blues and greens better.

Can you manage that with your drop method? I kinda like Melissa's strip of paper idea. If you have some card stock it would be easy to hold in place, maybe a strip about 3/4" wide. You'd need a very fine pen to make the marks on it though.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.