Yesterday's thread- Lily

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Lily-Fish, Mar 7, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lily-Fish

Lily-Fish Member

I have given food etc and she is still getting lower.

This feels hopeless and I have no idea what to do.

Please help

2. Judy and Boomer

Judy and Boomer Well-Known Member

You should give Lily some syrup. Either on the tip of a spoon if she'll take it or dip your finger in some and rub it on the inside of her cheeks.

3. Tuxedo Mom

Tuxedo Mom Well-Known Member

4. Lily-Fish

Lily-Fish Member

Thanks, I just got a bit panicked

Tuxedo Mom likes this.
  5. Judy and Boomer

That's ok! Can you remove the 911 from this post since it's being dealt with on the other post?

6. Tuxedo Mom

No problem. When you get a chance could you remove the "911" from this post so others don't panic when they see it. But first and foremost take care of Lily and get her numbers up with the advice everyone is giving you

7. Lily-Fish

Lily-Fish Member

Hey,

I don't want a repeat of today, so I am reluctant to shoot if she is in blue numbers. Her PMPS was 457. This leads me to believe that unless she comes up to about 360 on her AMPS, I will not feel confident shooting.
    Any advice for tomorrow?

8. Judy and Boomer

Lantus works best when dosed consistently. But that being said, you have to be comfortable with what/when you're shooting especially if you need to leave to attend school and it may take some time to find the right dosage for Lily.
    Not sure what time it is there.....are you able to get a +5 or +6 BG?

9. Judy and Boomer

Sorry...I just realized it's probably 1:30ish in the morning for you now.
    You lowered the dose for the pm shot so that can affect the next few cycles as the depot refills itself.
    However Lily has dropped considerably in the first 3 hours.
    Try to get a test early and post in the forum ahead of Lily's shot time so that hopefully someone can guide you as to if/what to shoot.
    @Tuxedo Mom any advice?

10. Tuxedo Mom

It is hard to say what Lily is going to do for tomorrow. The PM is definitely a bounce from the low greens this morning. How quickly she clears the bounce and how much the depot from the .50 is still going to influence the numbers are the biggest variables.

Since Lily has had several DKA episodes already she is more prone to a repeat if there is not sufficient insulin on board. If Lily's numbers are on the lower end then please post as soon as you test in the morning. If need be you could give her a higher carb food and some insulin. It would be better to keep her carbed up enough to give the shot...even if it is only a partial dose... than to skip the shot. With a history of DKA you really want to be careful about any potential future episodes and at the same time still avoid having another hypo event.

11. Chris & China (GA)

Chris & China (GA) Well-Known Member

If at all possible, get a +11 or +11.5.....that gives you a little time to post and ask for advice before shooting in the morning

Until people get to know you guys better, it's probably a good idea to add the information that she's been recently DKA to your posts. It's good that it's in your signature, but you want to make sure people see it for awhile so you get the best advice

12. Lily-Fish

Lily-Fish Member

Stuff from yesterday is above. Her amps was 156 (this was +11.75 as her little paws were cold, she has been running around on the linoleum). She drops really steeply so I'm not really happy about the injection...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.