Yippee! 2/3/15 Lucy AMBG 86

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Voula, Mar 1, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Voula

Voula Well-Known Member

My Lucy has been on 3 units of lantus for a while now but earned a reduction to 2.75 units after glucose levels below 2.8/50 the other night. Yesterday morning I gave Lucy 2.75 units and last night for reasons mentioned in my previous post I gave Lucy 1.25 units on vet advice. This morning at +8 Lucy had a glucose level of 6.1/110.:cool: I gave her breakfast and then tested again at +11 and the reading was 4.8/86. :D Now some of you know I have a big fear of hypoglycemia. I delayed my appointment today to stay home a few more hours to monitor Lucy and I am wondering if I went out +14 what chance is there of hypoglycemia then? A family member will be here with Lucy but they can't do glucose tests. My plan was to give the morning dose of insulin when I got home later on. I am not dosing a green number and going out as I have never done that before and today is not the day to start as I won't be home after the dose. Thank you so much for any replies which I would love to receive soon if I am to go out. Thank you again.
    My previous post:
    http://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/...88-4-50-4-45-5-77-5-58-6-50-6-61-7-77.133843/

2. Vyktors Mum

Vyktors Mum Well-Known Member

If I understand you correctly you're not giving the insulin until you come home. In that case chances of hypo are nil. That drop after her breakfast is her pancreas doing the job itself :):):) go lucy go, this is time to yippee indeed.

You definitly don't want to dose your first green and go out.

Voula likes this.
  3. Voula

Voula Well-Known Member

Yes no insulin till I get home. Lucy would have been due for her next dose now but at 4.8/86 now is not the time to dose at green with me going out. Thank you Serryn. You know my big fear of hypoglycemia so even though my logic tells me hypoglycemia is unlikely I still feel a bit anxious. Sometimes it seems that Lucy has low numbers past 12 hours after insulin like when I have waited for her numbers to rise before dosing. Sometimes the numbers only rise at 17 hours after the previous dose but the chances of dropping more from injected insulin as each hour passes are very tiny if not impossible you would think. Thank you again. And congratulations on Purrdy's lowest pre-dose BG too. :)

4. Vyktors Mum

Vyktors Mum Well-Known Member

The only time she's really dropped after a missed shot was 25/1 and I would expect that was her pancreas working on food too. The other times she has just surfed for a bit. She'll be fine, try not to bite off all your finger nails while you are out :)

Voula likes this.
  5. Voula

Voula Well-Known Member

Thank you Serryn. Thanks for making me smile too. :):bighug:

6. julie & punkin (ga)

julie & punkin (ga) Well-Known Member

ACK! I am so glad for you! This is great progress!!!!

now that she has hit green I'm sure she will get there again.

Good choice on skipping the shot. I'm a fan of shooting green, as you know, buT not when you Can't monitor.

You did great!

Voula likes this.
  7. Voula

Voula Well-Known Member

Thank you Julie. I did not expect such a low glucose level this morning after the low dose of insulin I gave Lucy last night and then when her glucose level went down after breakfast to 4.8/86 I was so happy but as you and Serryn said it was best to skip the morning dose. Tonight's PMPS was high but I expected it would be. It could be a bounce as well as depletion of the depot but I am sure we will get back on track again soon.

8. Angela & Blackie & 3 Others

Angela & Blackie & 3 Others Well-Known Member

Beautiful start this morning! :D

Voula likes this.
  9. MollynSkooter

MollynSkooter Well-Known Member

Wooo hooo for da greenz!!!!!

Voula likes this.
  10. Voula

Voula Well-Known Member

Thank you Angela. It was a nice surprise for sure especially with the lower dose.

11. Voula

Voula Well-Known Member

Thank you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.