Young again food

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Fairy godmother, May 19, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fairy godmother

Fairy godmother New Member

hi wondering if anyone has had great results with this food?

2. Chris & China (GA)

Chris & China (GA) Well-Known Member

We've had quite a few people use it....the biggest problem I've seen people complain about is that it can cause poop to REALLY stink, but generally, it doesn't seem to effect the blood glucose like other dry foods.

There's also Dr. Elsey's Clean Protein that's a low carb dry.

That being said, there are good reasons to stick to low carb canned foods over ANY dry. Dr. Lisa explains it best in her "Dry Food - PLEASE consider more than just carbohydrate content" post

All cats' weakest organ is their kidneys...in diabetic cats they're even more fragile. Getting as much water into them as possible helps to keep them as healthy as possible.

Elizabeth and Bertie likes this.
  3. Sandi&Maxine&Whispy(GA)

Sandi&Maxine&Whispy(GA) Well-Known Member

Also, a few of my kitties got diarrhea on YA, even with a very slow transition. It never did resolve in a couple of them, so we had to discontinue it.

Welcome :bighug:
    Sandi.

4. JanetNJ

JanetNJ Well-Known Member

We feed it in small amounts in addition to fancy feast. I think it helped her into remission the first time. Not having the same luck this time around.

5. FurBabiesMama

FurBabiesMama Well-Known Member

It was very helpful when I was transitioning my girls from a lifetime of dry food to wet food. The last bag I got from them caused Mia to have very runny, stinky poop. She was not even getting it for meals, she just got a few kibbles either as her testing treat or sprinkled on top of her wet food. I suspected the food as the source of her issues because I had seen posts from others where it had caused that in their cats. So, I stopped giving it to her, and the poop issues did stop, so it was the culprit. Previous bags had not caused that, so that made me question consistency/quality control.

Sylvie and JanetNJ like this.
  6. JanetNJ

JanetNJ Well-Known Member

My most recent bag I've had the same so I've just been giving small amounts.

7. jayla-n-Drevon

jayla-n-Drevon Well-Known Member

YA gave all of mine th runs and vomit--I love Dr Elsey.
    OF course I prefer wet but if they get dry it is Dr E.

Anne Biddle and Bellasmom like this.
  8. Aly

Aly New Member

I recently tried this food and totally regret it! It did help bring his levels down to normal and I was able to stop insulin all together. However, that only lasted about a week. The major problem was the TERRIBLE diarrhea! I did everything the company's site said to do. I cut out all other food, including wet. I gave the amount they said to give him, everything. But nothing stopped it. He couldn't make it to the litter box half the time and I have now had to throw out a fairly new rug. I've stopped the food completely and am STILL struggling. He has been having bad diarrhea for over 2 months now. It started with that food and now we can't get him back to normal. We've tried fortiflora, pumpkin, antibiotics, steroids, everything. Nothing is working. The vet has run all kinds of tests, but everything comes back normal. I wish I had never heard of that food and I definitely wish I had NEVER tried it!

9. Sharon14

Sharon14 Well-Known Member

@Aly have you tried Florastor? It’s a human probiotic, s. boulardii. You can get it at Walgreens, cvs and other drug stores.

10. Aly

Aly New Member

I haven't heard of that, but I am definitely going to try it! I've tried Imodium but that hasn't worked either. That's the only human thing I've tried.

11. Anne Biddle

Anne Biddle Member

I’ve been feeding the ya mature just as a filler food as one of my my other cats prefers to graze. Truffles has started with v stinky runny poo so I’m guessing it might be this food. I’m 3/4 through the bag. Guess I’ll try the other dry food recommended next!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.