Young Again formula change

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by ramonaghan, Dec 24, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ramonaghan

ramonaghan Member

I just bought a new bag of Young Again Zero Carb from my local specialty store and when I went to swap it out for the near-empty bag in my pantry, I realized they are different. The bag is now just labeled "Zero," not "Zero Carb," and there are no longer any claims about diabetes management and possible remission on the bag. The ingredients and analysis are slightly different too. It still seems safe for diabetic cats (it's less of an issue for me since I feed this to my civvie, not Henry), but it makes me wonder if the company got nailed for its claims. I couldn't find any mention on their website or Facebook page, which is odd. Anyone noticed a difference with the new formula?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Likameow

Likameow Member

I called the company regarding this. They told me that they couldn't call it zero carb because it didn't actually have zero carbs in it. They never mentioned anything about the diabetes. Good eyes, I never noticed that.
    My sugar cat has eaten through a whole bag of the "new" formula and it hasn't changed his blood sugars.

3. AZJenks

AZJenks Well-Known Member

It would be more accurate to describe it as "Zero Digestible Carb". Yes, there are technically carbohydrates in it, but they're in the form of indigestible, non-metabolizable plant fibers and fructans.

Last edited: Dec 24, 2015
    Critter Mom likes this.
  4. Carol & Murphy (GA)

Carol & Murphy (GA) Well-Known Member

This food really works in keeping Murphy's blood sugars low while Evo definitely elevates his sugars by >150

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.