Zobaline liquid?

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by PlumsMom, Jun 8, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PlumsMom

PlumsMom Member

Plum is a little bit wobbly on his hind legs - not too bad, but I'm wondering if this might help him. He's a kibble addict (currently transitioning to YA Zero) so that's why I thought the liquid might be easier to administer. Anyone have experience with this? TIA!

2. Sharon14

Sharon14 Well-Known Member

As far as I know Zobaline is only available in tablet form. Can you post the link to the liquid?

3. scoobydoox

scoobydoox Member

4. PlumsMom

PlumsMom Member

5. PlumsMom

PlumsMom Member

Thank you! If they dissolve pretty easily as tablets, he's not too difficult to pill. I just thought drops might be easier. Thank goodness he's a pretty mellow dude.

6. Sharon14

Sharon14 Well-Known Member

You would need to also add a Folic acid supplement to help with absorption of the methyl-b. Zobaline already contains Folic Acid. The one you listed contains cherry flavoring. I don't know if that would impact his glucose.

7. PlumsMom

PlumsMom Member

Ah, good to know, and thank you for pointing that out! I'm very sure he would not care for cherry flavoring. ;)

8. AZJenks

AZJenks Well-Known Member

I wouldn't recommend this liquid, even without the flavoring. You would need to administer 3 milliliters to get the same dose of methyl-B12 as one tablet of Zobaline (1mg per mL versus 3mg per tablet). At that dosage, you'd only get 10 days out of a bottle.

9. PlumsMom

PlumsMom Member

Thanks, everyone. I ordered the tablets yesterday so we'll see how he does.

Sharon14 likes this.
  10. AZJenks

AZJenks Well-Known Member

Hoping that he responds quickly :)

PlumsMom likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.