How to Test Your Cat Video

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Courtney and Kismet, Feb 16, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Courtney and Kismet

Courtney and Kismet Well-Known Member

Hi All,

I made a how to video tonight for testing blood glucose and thought I'd share it here! Please excuse the pjs and messy hair... Kismet, as always, is devastatingly handsome.

How to Test Blood Glucose

2. Courtney,
    Awesome job with the video and all the wonderful info you included for people to read.
    I especially liked how kismet proof-read the data you entered in his journal :lol:

Nice on the 99 too :mrgreen:

Carl

3. Courtney and Kismet

Thanks, Carl! That is my favorite part of the video haha! You should see him when I am trying to grade papers ohmygod_smile And yes, that 99 is beautiful, isn't it? That's a plus 2, and we're already in the 50s @ +4... it's going to be a long night! No rest for the weary. ;)

4. I guess now that he's a movie star he's demanding extra attention!

5. Courtney and Kismet

:lol: Yes, that must be it! He is really enjoying having me stay up with him... he LOVES attention. He has a little duck that quacks when you shake it, and he is beating the heck out of it right now. I should make another video of this duck abuse.

6. Wendy&Tiggy(GA)

Wendy&Tiggy(GA) Well-Known Member

7. Elizabeth and Bertie

Elizabeth and Bertie Well-Known Member

Lovely video. Really excellent job, Courtney (and Kismet!). Well done!

When Kismet was looking at your log I have a feeling he was thinking, "Hang on, doesn't it say somewhere here that I'm meant to get a treat after this...?" :lol:

8. Courtney and Kismet

Hi Wendy! Thanks for adding it to your thread! I hope it is helpful to someone.

LOL Elizabeth... I don't give him treats after tests; I've never had to. He is such a good boy and loves the attention, that is reward enough for my little ham. He was just checking my work and making sure I wrote everything correctly, haha. He really is a pain when I am trying to write anything or type on the laptop. All my attentions belong to him, as far as he is concerned, and he will plop down on the keyboard or on top of my book if I am reading and demand affections. <3

9. Courtney and Kismet

10. Dr Schrodinger

Dr Schrodinger Member

I love it! You've done a really neat job there.

And what a beautiful patient patient you have cat_pet_icon . It takes a brave lady to draw blood from a cat lying on a WHITE duvet!

How come Kismet's not wriggling around like a wriggling around thing? He's just lying there patiently for his Mom to fiddle with his ears! Incredible!

Thanks for the tip about the lancet pen. I had never thought of that & I will try it this evening.

Juliet
    x

11. Courtney and Kismet

Hi Juliet --- so funny about the duvet, because there is one spot of blood from where he shook his head. Not an ideal spot for testing, but it's his favorite spot in the world :) He is a little angel... so cooperative and tolerant. I find that the more I crowd him, the more resistant he is. He is very attuned to my mood, so if I am relaxed and casual, so is he :mrgreen: When we first started testing, he would get squirmy and nervous, and it's because I was squirmy and nervous. Now, it's second nature to us both.

Good luck with the lancet pen tonight! I find it gives me more control over just holding the lancet itself.

12. Dr Schrodinger

Dr Schrodinger Member

Hi Courtney,
    I got home from work so late last night that Milo had his test 4 hrs after the usual time & I forgot about your lancet pen trick 9I was ready for bo-bos myself!).
    The problem with him wriggling is that he simply gets too excited by the whole blood-test-treat-cuddle game. He starts purring manically, kneading the bed, licking my fingers, licking the meter & his tube of strips & anything he can get his rough little tongue near! I love the fact that he's started enjoying this ritual so much, but I just wish he's keep calm & still like your gorgeous Kismet! :lol:

J

13. Courtney and Kismet

Awww how funny! At least it is a pleasant experience, though. Kismet gets purry and cuddly sometimes, too. He is not always so calm, and is VERY squirmy at pre-shot times. He getsso excited for breakfast/dinner he just can't keep still. :lol:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.