8/12 Tomcat PMPS 72, +1=43, +1.5=35 +2=57, 4=95

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by tomtom13, Aug 12, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tomtom13

tomtom13 Member

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=102094

Evening all

well.......I have a new saying: SHOOT LOW TO GO WAY LOW...... :shock:

This time was a little tricky for me to get Tom to raise.......I gave him his HC/Gravy and tested 30 mins later....just knowing he would be either the same or higher....NOPE....well.....now what? so I poured my favorite cat saver: Mrs. Buttersworth.....she always helps me out when I need it the most.

I sure am glad I trusted all of you with your advice of a reduction this morning!! So much for me wanting to hold the dose or even increase it!!! PHEW.....
    ;-)
    thanks again for shoving me in the correct LOWER direction!!

So....now what? :?:

Is this just the old depot and I hold the current dose?

Does it look like Tom has a very late nadir? he seems to have a much lower PS value than at mid cycle...and he usually stays lower the first few hours post shot.....instead of spiking higher.

oh well, who knows right? every day is so different.......

Health to you all and sleep fill night......special thoughts to Tashie and Jupiter!!.......keep healing......

~Kelly

*****unless Mrs. Butterworth will shoot Tom sky-high (which at the time I wanted!!!)...this may be his first full entire day of :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

2. Alexis & Nikki (GA)

Alexis & Nikki (GA) Member

Re: 8/12 Tomcat PMPS 72, +1=43, +1.5=35 +2=57

Whoa there Tom! :shock: :eek: You don't need to try and keep Nikki company! :lol:

Sorry I can't advise, but good luck with the rest of the cycle! :mrgreen:

3. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Evening Kelly, looks like Tom wants to keep you close tonight. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: Love the first day of all green - that's a great milestone. :D :D

Normally I'd say this is the old depot talking, but that 35 has me thinking maybe it's something more. Let's see how the next couple hours play out. He seems to nadir a bit earlier when he starts in green. Nadir for some cats can and do often change from cycle to cycle. Neko is the worst example of that. I had one day where she nadired at +9 in the AM then +3.5 in the PM (lower PS).

4. Lkldcatlady

Lkldcatlady Well-Known Member

Yay! All green day! How nice is that? He's on his way....

5. Re: 8/12 Tomcat PMPS 72, +1=43, +1.5=35 +2=57

You fed HC at +1 and Mrs. B at +1.5, right? Anything at +2?

6. tomtom13

tomtom13 Member

Carl:

I didn't feed him at +2, but at +3 he was starving so gave him some LC. At that point he had shot up to 89....so I figured given I had most likely "blown" this cycle.....best not go overboard....so I stuck with LC.

and now at +4=95.....I obviously have "blown" my first 24 hr. streak of :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

oh well....I don't feel bad. Sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do...right?

I mean, ANYONE and EVERYONE, would feed HC and syrup given a plus 1.5=35.......right?

please say right??!!

even you Carl?

Thanks for always worrying about my sweet cat.......he likes you carl.....he really really likes you~because you always make me feed him!

~Kelly

oh....and I think....hold dose yes?

7. If I saw a 43, gave two scoops of gravy, and then saw a 35 thirty minutes later? I would have probably filled a bowl of Cap'n Crunch, poured syrup over it, added whipped cream and topped it with a Cherry Sweet Tart and said "Have at it Bob!"

So, yeah, "even me" is saying "right". ;-)

You didn't blow it. Here's my thinking. He just got a reduction right? So surfing in the 40s wasn't going to accomplish much, was it? And if he keeps pulling this sort of stuff, dropping down to sub-50 again, I wouldn't hesitate too long before cutting the dose again. I think tonight is the depot talking. But at some point, it won't be the depot doing the talking, and the lows can be attributed to the current reduced dose.

Question for the masses....
    Is there a point where you would reduce by .5u instead of .25u? Is there a trigger or indicator for that?

8. Deb & Wink

Deb & Wink Well-Known Member

Carl asked
    Don't know. If anything would be a trigger, I think it would have been that 35 today.

9. tomtom13

tomtom13 Member

HAHA.....that makes me feel so much better!! Always with the laughs, Carl. :lol: Well, I practically did the same as I have a

140!!! +6. oh ..that makes me sick!! :sad: and sad.

so much for my all green day.......

but, like I said before: what was I supposed to do? There is no way of knowing at the time .........and it is best to get them safe.

okay...well....I guess that means: IT IS SAFE TO GO TO BED......

see there is some good news in a panicked syrup pouring cycle....

kelly

10. That 140 isn't all food and carbs. Some of it is "bounce". Not too many kitties can see a 30s and not bounce, at least a little.

11. Marje and Gracie

Marje and Gracie Senior Member Moderator

Kelly

Well goodness! Bob was making quite a statement. I think Id like to have breakfast at Carl's house with that menu! :lol: :lol:

Wendy is right about a 35 so early but I don't think I'd reduce since he came right on up. He could have wobbled and come back down....but doesn't look like he's going to.

:lol: :lol: you should never post this where Tom can read it!

12. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

If you consider last night's cycle, Tom had more than 24 hours in green! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: The only time I've used karo/syrup was a number in the 30's. That's when you want them up really fast.

In the Roomp and Rand protocol, on the section on reducing the dose:
    When we were on high doses (5 units and above), we reduced by .5 units at a time. Another case I've seen of larger reduction are when the cat was transitioning from a higher carb to lower carb diet. And I agree with Carl, it won't be long before Tom starts knocking on that dose reduction door again. :D

13. tomtom13

tomtom13 Member

got it!!
    :lol:

i won't post that line again until after the deed is done!!

night all......

thanks for everything

14. Marje and Gracie

Marje and Gracie Senior Member Moderator

Oh yes.....and there is not a trigger for low dose cats when it comes to taking .5u or .25u. Normally, with a low dose cat, you would take a .25u dose reduction unless kitty starts screaming down the scale and we need to drain the depot a little more. We might have the CG skip a shot or take a bigger reduction. But it's ECID.

15. tomtom13

tomtom13 Member

oh Wendy.....you are so RIGHT!! i would never have looked at it that way.....HELLO!!???

so kind of you to post that for me.....

makes me so happy........so happy

i feel so much better now.....

you made my week!!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

16. See, that's the secret to how I am able to pull the LL "late night" shift. I eat a good healthy breffis like that, and I am bouncing off the walls until 4am. Get 3-4 hours of sleep, then "lather, rinse, repeat". :lol:

17. TheBowHuntress

TheBowHuntress Well-Known Member

Wowza Kelly--OMG--What great numbers!! Have a lovely evening :mrgreen:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.