8/14 Tigger PMPS / 251 +3.5/74 +4/54 +4.5/43 Reduce Question

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Tigger's Friend, Aug 14, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tigger's Friend

Tigger's Friend Well-Known Member

Good Morning Lantus Land!

Tigger's 8/13 Condo

We're seeing the world through bleary eyes this morning after a long run last night till 4:30. Then up again @ 7:30 to start the day & :coffee: :coffee: :coffee:

Looks like Tigger's taking the morning off for his bounce - we'll see how long it lasts - it seems they are getting shorter now, & no 400's since 8/2! - flip_cat

I'm happy for Tigger's great surf. We didn't go below 50 this time, or the day before, either; we fed the ride down instead.

:?: Should I let him surf a little more before feeding the green & see if he'll surf below 50 or if he's doing great on this dose & we should hold it???? Any thoughts??? :?:

Waiting to hear Gobbles' results today - sending safe dx vines out, also healing vines for jupe & any in need, and welcome home vines to Tashi & Hoot! Hope everyone has a great day & I'll tune in later!

2. BJM

BJM Well-Known Member

Re: 8/14 Tigger AMPS/342 +2.25/326 Bouncing

He's looking good. Getting lots of greens over the past several days.

Go with your gut on the feeding. If you feel more comfortable waiting, just be prepared for whatever you might need to do - a few teaspoons of medium or higher carb, etc. Who knows - maybe he'll earn a reduction if you wait.

3. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Great surfing last night Tigger! Thanks for keeping my night owl company. :lol: It's great to see Tigger spend so much time in healing numbers, and bouncing less. :D However, you might be able to catch up on that well deserved nap today.

I've seen that when kitties want a reduction, they'll let you know about it. If you are only feeding him LC when he gets into green, you should be fine.

4. Re: 8/14 Tigger AMPS/342 +2.25/326 Bouncing

Hi Suzanne,
    Something's up with your spreadsheet. It won't let me see it, so I think the "share with" setting got altered at some point? I think it should be on "share with anyone with link" but not positive. (You'll notice I have no SS link in my sig, so I don't know exactly how to set that up).

5. mariko

mariko Well-Known Member

Hi Suzanne,
    Great cycles yesterday!!!!
    I'm glad he's spending more time in green and clearing bounce quicker.
    I hope he'll come out of this one soon too.
    Hope you had some rest today!

6. Tigger's Friend

Boy, are you psychic, Mariko!

Losing sleep last night made me almost catch DD's cold - slugged around all day, & almost took Nyquil at 8:15 after Tigger's shot. Good thing I didn't! Tigger cleared his bounce in 1 cycle this time :eek: :eek: :eek: (I know!!!)

Tigger went from
    +10 / 306
    PMPS / 254
    +2 / 174
    +3.5 / 74
    +4 / 54: fed 2 tsp LC GO! (5%) @ 12:20 - re-test in 30

I really get that he wants this reduction. So here's my question:

Hx: Tigger was at 2.25u. when he got his first reduction 8/2 to 2.0u. His numbers went more high & level, so the consensus was to fatten his dose. We did that twice, & I started dosing with digital calipers this last fattened increase, so now we're at f2.0 (3.33mm).

:?: IF Tigger earns his reduction tonight, does he get the full .25u. decrease or do I eliminate the 2 fattened increases & go back to 2.0u? :?:

This is for greater minds than mine to discern, especially tonight - I'm so tired! :oops:

Thanks for any quidance!

7. Tigger's Friend

Re: 8/14 Tigger PMPS / 251 +3.5/74 +4/54 +4.5/43 Reduce Ques

Tigger's still dropping, so I switched to HC

+4 = 43: fed 2 tsp HC FF Gravy @12:50 will re-test in 15-20

8. Tigger's Friend

+5 / 51 (1:10) - Good!
    Just fed 2 tsp HC @ last test of 43 @ 12:50, so will wait another 20 min. (1:30) & re-test before feeding any more HC.

I'm just not sure if this increase is from original LC fed @ 12:20 or the HC fed 20 min. ago.
    Am trying to avoid a large bounce.

Hmmm - I'm posting to myself - is that as bad as talking to myself? :eek:

I guess it depends on my replies. :lol: :lol: :lol:

9. Tigger's Friend

1:30 (+5.25) = 53.

Will re-test in 20-30 & see if we need to feed. I want to keep Tigger surfing as long as possible if he's holding his own - I think food will start triggering a bounce. If still low, will feed LC.

He's a sleepy boy - keeps opening his one eye & looking at me - "Why are we still up, Mom? I'm sweepy!!!"

10. TokyoKitty

TokyoKitty Member

Hi Suzanne, looks like Tigger really wants this reduce. You're handling this so well, a real pro! Hope he comes up just a wee bit and keeps surfing those greens :mrgreen:

That's so cute - I can just see him with his sleepy face :D

11. Re: 8/14 Tigger PMPS / 251 +3.5/74 +4/54 +4.5/43 Reduce Ques

Great job Suzanne:)
    Sorry I wasn't around for the party. Early shift the next two weeks so late nights are not an option.
    I'd drop it to 1.75u, no fat or skinny.
    Carl

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.