10/04 J.D. PMPS 376, +3.25 249 Spec fPL Results

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Dyana, Oct 4, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dyana

Dyana Well-Known Member

Yesterday's Condo

Last Night:
    252 PMPS
    241 +5.5
    169 +9
    I did feed him up until +9 last night.
    I have to get better at recording his evening food. I just kind of wake up and feed, wake up and feed, wake up and test and feed, thinking I'll remember the times and amounts in the morning. Not.

This morning I gave him his Denamarin and then his shot and he ate all of his 1st Breffis and all of Ginger's 1st Breffis.
    They both get 1/4 can of FF per meal. So, I guess maybe I should change his 1st Breffis to 1/2 can since that's what he's been eating for days..gobbiling up Ginger's food. He's so cute, after his shot he goes out on the deck and gets a drink of water from his watering can, and then turns around and faces me from outside and waits for his (and Ginger's) food bowls to be placed on the raised threshold of the sliding glass door. It's about chest height for him, and he reminds me of a horse eating for some reason because the food is so high up. He ate his 3rd portion of Breffis at +1.

I went btb and was just about to test him when the phone rang and it was the doctor. J.D.'s Spec fPL yesterday was 12.3 :D :mrgreen: :razz: He as 46.8 two weeks ago.

He just ate his 4th Breffis and now both kitties are curled up in the cat bed I placed out on the deck. This is a large cat bed not a doggy bed, so for both of them to fit in it together is a little squished, but sweet. And I told them so.

So, my day got some good news.

2. Anne & Zener GA

Anne & Zener GA Well-Known Member

Re: 10/04 J.D. AMPS 236, +3.5 259 Spec fPL Results

Yay for the test result!!! :D :D :D We write everything down and then chuckle when the vet says "Keep an eye on him". :lol: :lol:
    Liz

3. Bo & Jake

Bo & Jake Well-Known Member

Good morning, Dyana!
    Glad You did have a good much needed BTB and good news for wake up call!
    :D :D :D :D for You and JD!
    Enjoy your days off!

4. Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA)

Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA) Well-Known Member

Hi Dyana,
    Good news on the Spec fPl number! Good news on the happy appy!

Enjoy the weekend,

Hugs, scritches,

Ella & Rusty

5. Barb & Checkers (GA)

Barb & Checkers (GA) Well-Known Member

Good Morning, Dyana
    Wonderful news on the Spec fPl test! I looooove hearing J.D. is eating well. flip_cat

Enjoy these days off. :D

6. Lkldcatlady

Lkldcatlady Well-Known Member

Good morning Dyana! Happy to hear about JD's test results. Always nice to get good news like that.

Have a great day!

7. Pam & Hoot

Pam & Hoot Well-Known Member

dancing_cat YAY on the good news and appy dancing_cat
    Great way to start off the weekend :thumbup
    Enjoy your happy day Dyana :D

8. rhiannon and shadow (GA)

rhiannon and shadow (GA) Well-Known Member

Glad to hear the news...
    Continued feel better vines and appy vines.....

9. Deborah & Shasta

Deborah & Shasta Well-Known Member

Glad to hear the good news, Dyana & J.D.! I'm loving his numbers today and loving the appy! This is great news news for your boy!
    :RAHCAT

10. mariko

mariko Well-Known Member

Hi Dyana,
    I am so glad to hear the good news!!
    And I'm also very happy to hear that J.D. is eating so well!!
    He must be feeling good! :D

11. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Yay on the good test results. It sounds like J.D. is feeling a lot better. I hope his appy stays good.

12. Nancy&Pepper (GA)

Nancy&Pepper (GA) Well-Known Member

Yay on the good news! Have a great day, Dyana!

13. Josie & Ripley (GA)

Josie & Ripley (GA) Well-Known Member

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
    :D Happy news!!!! :D
    :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

14. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Cheering going on the other side of the continent too! Great news on the Spec fPL results! dancing_cat dancing_cat dancing_cat

Paws crossed for more appy and some nice blues today.

15. Dyana

Dyana Well-Known Member

Re: 10/04 J.D. PMPS 376 Spec fPL Results

Thanks for the Cheering everyone :YMHUG:

UG on the PMPS. But, it is the first pink in 4 cycles. I was hoping his depot was filling and he would show me some green tonight as my sleep depot is full.

Here was his day:
    236 AMPS
    259 +3.5
    247 +5.25
    234 +8
    287 +11

J.D. does need to poo. I have not seen a poo from him since Wednesday. Waiting.

16. Amy&TrixieCat

Amy&TrixieCat Well-Known Member

The +3.25 is looking better. Yay on the test results! Sending poo vines your way. Have a great evening, Dyana!

17. Dyana

Dyana Well-Known Member

ReNew Ultimate Flora question

If anyone has any ideas on how to get this ReNew Ultimate Flora Critical Care probiotic into my cat, please let me know. I decided to use it instead of FlortiFlora as it is stronger and I want to head of stomach upset before it happens. While I'm off of work, I am giving him his Clavamox right after eating at PS time and then the probiotic about 2.5 to 3 hours later. When I go to work, the best I can do is feed and give ABs, and then the probiotic at +1.5 in the morning, and then at night time I can do the probiotic at +2.5 or +3.

Anyway, this morning I tried to put it into a bit of doggy Duck & Pea pill pocket and the pill pocket wouldn't form around it. I had like one last remaining kitty Duck & Pea pill pocket and tried to fill it with the probiotic tonight, but if you look at the capsule it looks like there is still 90% left in the capsule and that is after two doses. I think I am supposed to give him 1/3 capsule twice a day. What do you do with all that powder and how do you get it into the cat?

Off to bed for us. Maybe J.D. will have some blues tonight ;-)

18. lovey11

lovey11 Well-Known Member

I am happy for the good test results for JD :mrgreen:

19. Cleo & Jane (GA)

Cleo & Jane (GA) Well-Known Member

What good new about JD's test results!! I have no experience with that probiotic, so I can't help there. Sweet dreams!

Jane

20. Josie & Ripley (GA)

Josie & Ripley (GA) Well-Known Member

When I used that same probiotic for Ripley, I gave 1/8 tsp each day divided into two portions and mixed in with her meals (or baby food).

21. bettyandhank

bettyandhank Well-Known Member

Hi Dyana-
    Hank is on evil AB also, and the Fotiflora or Pearls wasn't helping much at all...although after reading this I am not sure I was doing the correct order in relationship to the AB, or maybe not giving enough. But also based on Sienne's recommendation tried the RenewLife....it was Ultimate FLora, not the critical care, because i already had some on hand I bought on sale somewhere. But anyway, saw she said to split it into 1/3 and give 2 doses a day. (how do you gauge this?) I just opened the capsule and sprinkled some on his food. I may have poured FF juice on it to cover, but as I recall he ate it. This was before his dental when he was still eating normally. Have you tried just sprinkling it on food?
    I have never used pill pockets. Really have not had to give pills to these guys...but for the Pearls just wrapped it in a little cheese. The are super small in size so was fairly easy to get down him. Wonder if you could also try that with the RenewLife..just sprinkle some on cheese and ball it up?

BTW, the other portion of my capsule got all humidified so the next dose was all clumpy and would not sprinkle out. I guess maybe in future might try to keep it in the fridge?

Anyway, try sprinkling directly on food and maybe JD will eat it...you could always add chicken treat dust on top to further entice.

22. Deborah & Shasta

Deborah & Shasta Well-Known Member

I wish a good answer for the probiotic. I struggle getting Shasta to take all of her meds, like her cosequin and Potassium and aetenolol. She got wise to pill pockets a long time ago. :sad: Now, I mix it into her fuds...keeping my fingers crossed that she just keeps eating! I hope you figure out a method to get it in him. Also, sending vines for a good poo!!!!

23. mariko

mariko Well-Known Member

Hi Dyana,
    I sprinkle ReNew Ultimate Flora on Lucy's food too.
    I open capsule and sprinkle 1/4 - 1/3 onto food and mix.
    I re-cap the capsule and keep the left over in the fridge for the next use.
    I guess 1/4 capsule twice a day isn't probably enough, but if I put more, she'll detect the taste.
    Sometimes, she'd still eat it and sometimes not.
    So when her appetite is super good, I take that opportunity to mix in a little more.
    Usually, I can't really mix enough as I don't want to do anything that might ruin her appy. :YMSIGH:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.