4/1 Tess AMBG~143 Start Trial PMBG~142 +3~231 +4~208

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Ann & Tess GA, Apr 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ann & Tess GA

Ann & Tess GA Well-Known Member

3/31 condo

Lots of excitement last night. Libby and Jill suggested OTJ trial, but last night at +5 Tess was 130 and now AMPS is 143.

Are we rushing this? nailbite_smile

2. Ann & Tess GA

Re: 4/1 Tess AMPS~143 Start Trial???

I wanted to get that out there. Isn't 143 rether high for a OTJ trial preshot? Or is it just a bounce? No insulin last night because she stayed between 50 and 60 for 2 hours at PMPS.

She was at .1u for quite a while, and had had a fair number of blues and a jump to yellow when her dose was inadvertently reduced last weekend. Tess usually responds to tiny baby steps. I was ready to go to a drop, this just seems so sudden.

Last night I thought if her numbers were up we'd go with the 1 drop. Still wavering and it is April Fools Day. ohmygod_smile

3. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

Here's what I would do. Feed Tess. Can you check in 2 - 3 hrs to see if her pancreas kicked in and brought her numbers down without insulin?

4. Monique & Spooky

Monique & Spooky Well-Known Member

It's up to you, you can continue to give the drop for a while and see if it keeps her steady, or you can assume this higher number this AM is a little bounce from being low and hold the shot for a bit and try feeding her and testing after a few hours to see if she returns to greens w/o insulin.

IMO it is reasonable to attempt an OTJ trail (it is only a trial) if after a few days it doesn't seem to be working then you gather up your books and go back to class for a bit. Many don't pass on the first exam, no harm done.

5. Ann & Tess GA

OK, the trial is on! :RAHCAT :RAHCAT :RAHCAT

We fed her after the test. I figured we either do the 2-3 hour retest or feed and shoot a drop, so she got breffus on time. She thought it was late, but Tess is the one who reset the schedule last night.

Tess actually woke us up this morning wanting food, of course it was quite a bit later than usual. Sooooo nice to get up to light rather than blackness, I'm actually staying up! :coffee: :coffee:

She's not quite sure what's going on, Something else is supposed to happen isn't It, Mom?, very playful this am and last night, of course lots of purring and grooming. LB only had one type of deposit, but she usually skips about every third day and then makes up for it. :roll: stinky

got to go rescue the feather and give her her gum drops. I"ll take the ? out of the subject

6. Roni and Moonie

Roni and Moonie Well-Known Member

Re: 4/1 Tess AMPS~143 Start Trial

Give It a Chance !! Tess is ready, or really close to it--We are so happy for you!! GO TESS dancing_cat flip_cat dancing_cat party_cat

7. Michelle & Scrabble (GA)

Michelle & Scrabble (GA) Well-Known Member

Re: 4/1 Tess AMPS~143 Start Trial

Goooooo Tess!!!!!!!!!!!! How exciting for you guys!!!!!!

8. Ann & Tess GA

Re: 4/1 Tess AMPS~143 +2~119 Start Trial

:mrgreen: Down to 119 for +2 on no insulin. Mr. P is definitely working! flip_cat

9. bettyandhank

bettyandhank Well-Known Member

YAYYYYYYYYYY :RAHCAT for Tess!!!!!

Keep working Mr. P. (or is it Ms. P????)

We're cheering for you!!

B&H

10. Hillary & Maui (GA)

Hillary & Maui (GA) Well-Known Member

cool we could use another party!!!!

Attached Files:

11. CD and BigMac

CD and BigMac Well-Known Member

Another OTJ trial, such a wonderful thing to see on a Spring day. Best of luck to Tess and her healthy pancreas, yipee!

12. Ann & Tess GA

+4~128 up a little, but not much. We are feeding a snack after every test to keep Ms. P working.

13. chriscleo

chriscleo Well-Known Member

woo hoo! haven't been on in a while but looks like i picked the right day to check in!
    congrats on the trial and sending healthy ms p vibes!! :)

14. Randi & Max (GA)

Randi & Max (GA) Well-Known Member

Ann
    This is so exciting. Congrats on the start.

I have learnt from the master of housekeeping, Sienne, that your post should say
    AMBG (not amps since you did not shoot insulin) and your PM reading will say PMBG. :D
    No shot, no "ps" :lol:

You do it like that everyday.
    :RAHCAT :RAHCAT TESS :RAHCAT :RAHCAT

15. Jill & Alex (GA)

Jill & Alex (GA) Senior Member Moderator

hi ann. just a suggestion...
    we've seen many newly otj kitties take as long as 3-4 hours to bring themselves down. i think you may have better luck if you feed a snack/mini-meal and then test 4 hours later to see if tess brought herself down. if you feed every couple of hours, it may not be enough time for her to come down much.
    we'll be watching closely. even though i haven't been posting, i've been kept informed of what's going on and i do stop in here several times a day to keep up with all the kitties.
    GOOD LUCK!

16. Ann & Tess GA

Thanks Jill, I will try a longer delay, don't know how Tess will like getting food less often. cat(2)_steam

And I'll fix the subject too, force of habit. Thanks, Randi.

17. Nicole & Baby

Nicole & Baby Well-Known Member

Re: 4/1 Tess AMBG~143 +2~119 Start Trial

(((Ann & Tess))) Sooooo excited for you!! Wishing you lots of luck & we are cheering you both on!!

:RAHCAT T :RAHCAT E :RAHCAT S :RAHCAT S

18. Ann & Tess GA

Re: 4/1 Tess AMBG~143 +2~119 Start Trial +8~176

Just a recap so far:
    AMBG~143 ate about 1-1/4 oz Wellness chicken
    +2 ~ 119 ate about 3/4 oz Wellness
    +4 ~ 128 ate about 5/8 oz Friskies ocean whitefish
    +8 ~ 176

We'll see what PMBG is and go from there.

19. Melanie and Smokey

Melanie and Smokey Well-Known Member

Come on down Tess. Lets see some green on the PMPS. Smokey wants to be partying with you at the falls soon, but those 176s got2go. You're bringing yourself down good, lets just start a bit lower K?

20. Libby and Lucy

Libby and Lucy Senior Member Moderator

come on, Tess, bring yourself down, you can do it!

21. Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA)

Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA) Well-Known Member

An exciting day for Tess....and for YOU! Wishing you all the very best! :mrgreen:

22. Ann & Tess GA

Re: 4/1 Tess AMBG~143 Start Trial PMBG~142

Well, back down to where she was this morning. Give her a little longer? How long do you think the settling in should take?

I just fed her 1oz. I will test and feed at +3 and +6, 1oz each time unless advised differently.

She is active and happy, told me how much she missed me when I went to class this afternoon. Fingers and paws crossed.

23. Ann & Tess GA

Re: 4/1 Tess AMBG~143 Start Trial PMBG~142 +3~231

It doesn't look like it is going to work. :cry:Tess's shed has emptied and she has climbed way up into the yellows. It's way past shot time. Do we abort, because I think it was just too soon. If so , when to shoot and what? Back to .1u or just a drop?

24. CD and BigMac

CD and BigMac Well-Known Member

I'd be tempted to try just a drop instead of the 0.1u because the last cycle on the the 0.1 Tess got pretty low. Do you think you can do a smaller drop than the 0.1 unit?

I am always impressed with those that can... I had hard enough time getting 0.1 and couldn't imagine trying for any less.

25. Ann & Tess GA

I held off feeding and retested at +4 Tess was at 208. Yes, I think we can shoot less than .1u. DH had accidentally given a little less last week. So do I wait until her shot time or do it sooner?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.