12/10 Ripley AMBG (+36ish) 141, test results :(

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Josie & Ripley (GA), Dec 10, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Josie & Ripley (GA)

Josie & Ripley (GA) Well-Known Member

Yesterday's Condo

I have some news, but it isn't good news.

Ripley's test results came back today. She has failing kidneys, severe anemia, pancreatitis, and an infection. Basically everything. Her little body is shutting down. It's time for her to move on to her next chapter.
    We will be letting her go on Friday morning, at 8:30am.
    Until then, she will be given pain meds, fluids, and love love love.

Speaking of love, we have felt nothing but Pure Love from everyone here in Lantus Land. 'Thank you' isn't nearly enough.
    I'm not sure when I'll be able to write a proper tribute for Ripley -- probably some time next week -- but for now, thank you.

2. MJ+Donovan

MJ+Donovan Well-Known Member

:cry: :cry: :cry:

MJ

3. Tara & Buster

Tara & Buster Well-Known Member

Oh Josie, I'm so sorry. I was really hoping this would get turned around :sad:

4. Amy&TrixieCat

Amy&TrixieCat Well-Known Member

I am so, so sorry hear this, Josie. We were all hoping for a different outcome. I know that Ripley is the light of your life, but please know that both of you have been a huge light in LL, too, and always will be. Much love and many hugs...we are with you.

5. Ann & Maggie11 (GA)

Ann & Maggie11 (GA) Well-Known Member

(((Josie))) so very sorry and saddened to hear this news. I also was hoping it was something that could be turned around and treatable. Many, many prayers and hugs for you.

6. terri1962

terri1962 Well-Known Member

Josie,

I don`t post here much but do look in on condo`s everyday and I just want to say I am so sorry. My thoughts and prayers are with you and Ripley right now.

Terri

7. Amy & Papaya (GA)

Amy & Papaya (GA) Well-Known Member

Josie, I'm so, so sorry to hear this news. :YMHUG:

8. rhiannon and shadow (GA)

rhiannon and shadow (GA) Well-Known Member

(((((Josie)))))
    I'm so sorry! :cry:
    I may be in a similar situation if I'm not there already and just staying in denial.
    Sending you virtual hugs and hand holding....

9. Chris & China (GA)

Chris & China (GA) Well-Known Member

So sorry to hear the bad news Josie. Everyone here was sure hoping for better news. :YMHUG:

Ripley is a lucky kitty to have you as his bean.

10. Cleo & Jane (GA)

Cleo & Jane (GA) Well-Known Member

(((Josie))) I am so sorry. Please give that sweet face a scritch from me. Definitely not the results we all hoped for. I will be thinking of you and yours. :YMHUG:

11. Dyana

Dyana Well-Known Member

(((Josie))) Big Hugs. Please give Ripley some loving pets from us, too.
    I was so hoping that this was something treatable. Give her all the love you have to give her.
    Please know that you will be in our thoughts and prayers.

12. Anne & Zener GA

Anne & Zener GA Well-Known Member

Oh no, that is not what we wanted to see, not at all. :sad: :sad: Big hugs to you and Ms. Ripley.
    Liz

13. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Josie, I'm so sorry. We were all hoping for better news. Make the most of this last time you have with Ripley and give her all the love you can. :YMHUG: :YMHUG: :YMHUG:

14. Jennifer&Cain(GA)

Jennifer&Cain(GA) Member

Oh no :( Give her many hugs and here are hugs for you!!

:YMHUG: :YMHUG: :YMHUG:

15. Kim & Twice

Kim & Twice Well-Known Member

(((Oh Josie)))

I am so very,very sorry to hear this. I was praying it was something, anything, that could be helped :cry: I am in tears for you. It is so obvious how much Little Miss Rippers means to you and this is just heartbreaking! I have no doubt she has the best life a kitty could ever want by being with you. I'm just going to babble if I go on :cry:
    I love you both through this forum. You are my family and I will grieve with you. Please give Ripley extra scritches for me and some shrimpies for her sweet face.

16. julie & punkin (ga)

julie & punkin (ga) Well-Known Member

(((((Josie and Ripley))))

I'm so sorry for the terrible news - wish we could make it easier for you. :YMHUG: :YMHUG: :YMHUG:

17. MelissaEbby

MelissaEbby Member

(((Josie))), I'm so very sorry to hear this. You'll be in my thoughts.

18. Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA)

Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA) Well-Known Member

Dear ((((Josie)))),
    We were all hoping that Ripley's health issues would be treatable. I am so sorry that it is her time. You have all our support and our love as you help your girl transition to the Bridge, where she will be welcomed by our beloved GAs.

Much love and many hugs for you, and many gentle scritches for beautiful Ripley.

Ella & Rusty

19. Nancy&Pepper (GA)

Nancy&Pepper (GA) Well-Known Member

(((Josie)))
    I'm so, so sorry to hear this.

20. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

((((Josie and DH)))) Oh no, so not what we wanted to hear. :cry: :cry: We will all be with you the next few days as you love on Ripley. Our hugs to you and scritches to her. Sending many vines for as easy a transition as is possible for all of you. :YMHUG: :YMHUG:

21. Dale 'n' Chip

Dale 'n' Chip Well-Known Member

:YMHUG: :YMHUG: :YMHUG:

22. mariko

mariko Well-Known Member

(((Josie)))
    No no no no no no!
    I am so so sorry to hear this.
    Sending prayers and love to you and Ripley.

23. Jamie & Jupiter

Jamie & Jupiter Well-Known Member

Oh no. I am so sorry to hear this news. My thoughts and prayers are with you and Ripley.

24. Ann & Tess GA

Ann & Tess GA Well-Known Member

I'm so sorry to hear the news, we all are. A final week of love is the perfect way to say farewell.

[​IMG]

25. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

((((Josie))))

I am so sorry. Make every moment special; your special girl deserves nothing less. Holding you and Ripley close in my heart.

26. Michelle and Mannie (GA)

Michelle and Mannie (GA) Well-Known Member

Josie.... this just breaks my heart. It is so reminiscent of what went down with Mannie. My heart aches for you,. I know the pain and sorrow that you are feeling. I admire you for knowing that is her time, and for the courage to let her go. You have all of our support. I will keep all of you close to my heart.... For now cherish every moment. Hugs to all....

27. knolet

knolet Well-Known Member

Oh ((((Josie and Ripley))))

I am so sorry to read this. Give Miss Ripley hugs and scritches from us. Hugs to you too. Sending tons of thoughts and prayers.

Kathie

28. Katie & Mego (GA)

Katie & Mego (GA) Member

{{{{{Josie & Ripley}}}}}

My heart is breaking for you too. I am so very sorry to hear your news. All I can say, is that Ripley too knows how much you love her. I hope you are comforted in the days ahead by the amount of love you'll pour over her. You'll give her all she needs for a million lifetimes like you always have. Say everything to her that you want and need to, tell her about the funny stories you remember and of course lots of hugs and kisses and scritches.

I'm here for you dear Josie, standing next to you with as much strength as I can muster to help you as your kind words helped me.

You and Ripley are in my thoughts and prayers. Sending the strongest of hugs :YMHUG: :YMHUG: :YMHUG: :YMHUG: :YMHUG:

29. Tricia Cinco(GA) & Harvey

Tricia Cinco(GA) & Harvey Well-Known Member

:YMHUG: :YMHUG: {{{Josie}}} -

So sorry to read your bad news. I am glad you have some time to spend with her, to show her how much you love her, and somehow prepare yourself for her crossing. I'm sure she already knows how much she means to you. Stay strong, knowing you have done and are doing everything possible for her, and she's had a long, happy life because of you. As you can see, you have a lot of people sending hugs and love your way.

o:) o:) o:)

30. Deborah & Shasta

Deborah & Shasta Well-Known Member

Josie & DH, thank you for sharing your lives and Ripley's life with us. You are such wonderful caregivers and friends. I am so sad to read about Ripley's results, but I know that she will spend the next few days in absolute luxury and love. Sending vines of comfort and peace to you both and especially to Ripley. Give my little girl scritches from me and Shasta and know that you are all in my thoughts and prayers.

31. Marje and Gracie

Marje and Gracie Senior Member Moderator

(((Josie)))

Your Ripley is to me what my Gus is to you. I know every decision you make is with her QOL considered above all else. She is so lucky.

Gussie will be waiting for her so she won't be alone.

:YMHUG:

32. Tonya and Tiki

Tonya and Tiki Well-Known Member

Oh Josie I am so sorry to read this terrible news. Please know you are both in my thoughts and prayers. Sending you strength and comfort. {{{{J&R}}}}

33. Mocha'sMom

Mocha'sMom Member

I am so sorry to hear the news. It is so hard when one of our babies needs to move on, but they are moving on to a better place, and all their buddies are waiting for them. I was really hoping it wouldn't be this serious. Sending lots of hugz, and warm thoughts your way, for you and Ripley...
    :YMHUG: cat_pet_icon

34. Pam & Hoot

Pam & Hoot Well-Known Member

OH NOOOOOOO (((((((Josie)))))))
    I am just sobbing reading this. I am SOOOOO sorry.
    There are no words right now I can even say :cry: :cry:
    Please give Miss Rippers some lovin from me and Hoot :YMHUG: :YMHUG: :YMHUG:
    He is going to so miss his girlfriend ♥ :cry: ♥
    Oh Josie, I am just so sorry ♥
    :YMHUG: :YMHUG: :YMHUG: :YMHUG:

35. Squeaky and KT (GA)

Squeaky and KT (GA) Well-Known Member

Oh Josie - BIG HUGE LOOOOOOOOOOONG HUG! I'm so sorry it's Miss Ripley's time to cross. What an amazing love you share. Thank you SO much for sharing sweet girl with us...

Hugs, pats, scritches and mountains of love Miss Ripley....

36. Barb & Checkers (GA)

Barb & Checkers (GA) Well-Known Member

Oh (((Josie))), I don't post much, but I lurk, and was also praying for news of something treatable for Miss Ripley.
    I can't tell you how much my heart is aching for you right now.
    I know you will love on her all the more for as long as you can.
    I pray for your courage, to do the hardest thing we will ever be called to do, to free your baby of pain and suffering.
    I'm keeping you and Ripley in my heart and prayers.

Barb

37. Michele M

Michele M Member

Im soooo so sorry Josie!! :cry: :cry: :cry:
    your doing the right thing and Ripley is lucky to have you
    huge ((hugs)) to you

38. Melissa & Tarragon

Melissa & Tarragon Well-Known Member

((((Josie)))) I am so very sorry for the results. Give Ripley a huge hug from me and hold her close the next day. You are in my thoughts and prayers.

39. Doug N Libby

Doug N Libby Well-Known Member

oh, Josie - I'm so very sorry to hear your news. I wish there was something I could say or do to make it better.

Great big HUGS -

Libby (& Hershey, too!)

40. Rachel & Chyna (GA)

Rachel & Chyna (GA) Well-Known Member

Oh Josie, I'm so sorry to hear this :cry: Like everyone, I was hoping for better news, I don't even know what to say. My heart breaks for you, and I hope that my virtual hugs and thoughts can give you and your DH some comfort. You're such an amazing mama bean. Kisses and hugs to Ripley, sweet girl. :YMHUG:

41. MrZ

MrZ Well-Known Member

Josie,

Nooooooo!! My heart is breaking for you at this news. I am so very sorry. My thoughts and prayers are with you and Ripley.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.