Re: 4/3 Tess AMPS~193 PMPS~249 +4~136

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Ann & Tess GA, Apr 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ann & Tess GA

Ann & Tess GA Well-Known Member

4/2 Condo

Still high but, a little better than yesterday. How long does the shed take to fill at such a low dose?

Tess woke us a couple of times this morning to get up and feed her. Still getting used to the later time, maybe we should move her up a little. If Tess is still on insulin when my classes start again in 2 weeks I'd rather be able to get at least a +1 going out the door.

All Ps are a go today and she cleaned out her breffus bowl. She is really starting to like Wellness thank goodness. Tess is patiently looking out the window waiting for brushing and feather time, I think the 2 feathers we've been using are about ready for retirement. Why doesn't the neighbors peacock get out when you meed him?

Got to go, Madam awaits.

2. Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA)

Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA) Well-Known Member

Re: 4/3 Tess AMPS~193

Hi Ann....shed? what shed? Geee...I give up! :lol: The more I do this the more I realize i know nothing. Hope you guys have a nice day today....hope someone will come along and answer your shed question...(I personally don'lt think Shadow has one so i know nothing!!!) :mrgreen:

3. Erica & Moses

Erica & Moses Member

Ya, sounds like that feather toy is up for retirement. Moses needs a new one too.

His fav is his catip cigar :mrgreen: Does Tess like catnip?

4. Ann & Maggie11 (GA)

Ann & Maggie11 (GA) Well-Known Member

Hi Ann,
    Tess looks really good. She got diagnosed about the same time as my Maggie (January 4, 2010 for my kitty). Hope you both are having a nice weekend.

5. Jill & Alex (GA)

Jill & Alex (GA) Senior Member Moderator

it won't take too long to fill up the shed on this tiny dose. tiny dose = tiny shed. :D
    the data you're collecting is valuable! it'll help us figure out what tess needs.
    have a good caturday!

6. Ann & Tess GA

Re: 4/3 Tess AMPS~193 +3~197, +4~185, +6~223 Dose???

Getting worried that we really screwed her progress up. The 1 to 2 drops don't seem to be having much effect yet, she's still creeping up and snacks don't seem to have the effect on the pancreas 3 to 4 hours later that we are looking for.

I know it's only been 3 cycles, but there doesn't seem to be anyone around at the hours we do our preshot tests so I want to ask early to be able to think it out. Should we have gone back to the .1u? That would have been the protocol, but it was suggested that we try the reduction we probably should have gone to.

What we are doing now isn't being very effective. I think she needs a little more insulin to give her pancreas a chance to recuperate. It was just too much too fast for it. Or do we need to even give a little extra boost to make up for lost ground and go back to .25u?

So how long do we wait and what dose?

7. Nicole & Baby

Nicole & Baby Well-Known Member

(((Ann & Tess))) I can understand your frusturation.. Tess has been seeing such good #s for quite some time.. no advice because I do not know.. but I wish you luck & am cheering you both on!! :RAHCAT

8. Jill & Alex (GA)

Jill & Alex (GA) Senior Member Moderator

if i were in your shoes...
    i would take the dose back up to 0.1u tonight IF tess stays the same or continues to go higher than her 223 @ +6. if her numbers drop from here, i'd stick with the one-two drops dose.
    just my thoughts...

9. Ann & Tess GA

OK Jill, that sounds like a good plan. Just needed to have some reassurance and to do something.

Thankd for the hugs Nicole, every time I look at those numbers for the last 2 days I burst into tears. I know she'll get better, but I can't help it.

10. Ann & Tess GA

Re: 4/3 Tess AMPS~193 PMPS~249

Tess didn't come down for preshot so I shot the .1u
    Recap:
    • AMPS~193, shot 1 or 2 drops, fed 11/4 ozWellness Turkey
      +3~197
      +4~185 fed 3/4oz Wellness Turkey
      +6~223 fed 3/8 ozWellness Turkey
      +9~215 fed 3/8 ozWellness Turkey
      PMPS~149, shot .1u, 11/4 ozWellness Turkey

Hope this gets her back on track.

11. Melanie and Smokey

Melanie and Smokey Well-Known Member

Aw, I'm sorry Tess is still up there :YMHUG: . Come on Tess, show us some green, you can do it!

12. Judith and Thomas

Judith and Thomas Member

(((Ann))) I hope you see some good progress soon, and she drops back to where she used to be.

C'mon back down, sweet girl! You can do it!

13. Ann & Tess GA

Thanks Melanie and Judith, I hope she's listening. :?

14. Kathy and Kitty

Kathy and Kitty Well-Known Member

(((Ann))) I know exactly how you feel. SO hard to get so close and falter.

How are you INCREASING to .1? I can't imagine.

This is very stressful, I know. Sending many good BG vines to you and beautiful Tess. :YMHUG:

15. Ann & Tess GA

:mrgreen: finally going in the right direction. Yeah!

Kathy, I shoot .1u as just barely a hair of light above the 0 line, the 1 or 2 drop was plunger exsctly lined up w/ 0 line. I also have a jewelers visor w/ an extra loupe! :lol:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.