4/5 Max Gum Day 3 AMBG 95~+3 73~PMBG 90

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Randi & Max (GA), Apr 5, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Randi & Max (GA)

Randi & Max (GA) Well-Known Member

Yesterday's Condo

Good Morning
    DH was up earlier than I was so he tested Max, which was about 45 minutes later than
    his normal test time. No work today so I wanted to sleep just a touch more.

I held my breath when he told me Max came in at a 95. Little higher than he has been
    showing but still green.
    This enitre FD really is a roller coaster of emotions, at all of the stages.

Max going up like he did to 6u was so heartbreaking and confusing.
    Crashing all the way down to here was sleepless and exhausting.
    Counting these days without insulin is nerve wracking.
    We really need to set up a counselling board. :D

On this Day 3, Max is still more active than he has been in the past. He has not returned
    back to his bed for a second, or third, or fourth nap.
    He is up and about exploring the house.

Last night I found him in the LB and boy, did he do a long pee. That made me very nervous.

I have a question about night feeding though. Do or should I still leave out food for the night in the feeder now that he is not on insulin? I really need him to start losing the weight but I was not sure.

Wishing everyone and their kitties a great day.

2. Mindy & Max

Mindy & Max Member

Re: 4/5 Max Chicklets Day 3 AMBG 95

Max, you continue to be an inspiration to my Max! Keep up the good work!

Randi, I would guess you can stop the night feeding now...but really don't know. We still only feed twice a day unless Max goes low, but my boys are piggies and will eat a LOT at those two meals. I'm sure someone who knows more and has been at this longer than me will come along and let you know.

3. Deb & Spot

Deb & Spot Well-Known Member

flip_cat flip_cat Yea for Day 3!!! GOOOOOO MAX!!!! flip_cat flip_cat

Good morning Randi... Max is looking really nice today...yes, the 95 may be a little higher but it's a number you are getting w/o insulin!! That's the way I look at it. If you look at Spot's ss, you will see that he runs high. Some cats do. BUT IT'S W/O INSULIN on board, so it's still WONDERFUL, lol!! As far as food....I can only tell you that I still leave food out for Spot. The feeder is set for 4 and 8 hours after his meals. Not sure if he eats at both times since I have two civvies and one is a hoover when it comes to food. I also make sure that I don't feed him any more than 1 can of food a day...so he get's 1/4 can at each meal and the rest is divided up for his snacks.
    Hope you guys have a wonderful day today...don't know what your weather is going to be, but here, it's nice and sunny and warm for the Home opener (Baseball...Pittsburgh Pirates)

4. Lydia--(Rosie & Basil) GA

Lydia--(Rosie & Basil) GA Well-Known Member

My understanding is that especially when they are first off the juice, that's when they really need the support of the small meals round the clock. I still feed Basil at 3am. I bought a timed feeder but haven't tried it yet!

Happy Day 3!

5. Randi & Max (GA)

Thanks Guys
    I still have the feeder go at 1:15, 3:00 and turns to empty at 5:00 which would be the 2 hours
    before testing. Since I hae the 3 cats, I was not sure who would eat what so I wanted
    there to be access to food at any time.
    I also feed at 11:00 a snack.

Deb - Home Opener - you are just so lucky. We lost the Montreal Expos. :( No baseball here)

6. Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA)

Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA) Well-Known Member

Happy Day 3 Max :thumbup

7. Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA)

Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA) Well-Known Member

Hey Max! Keep up the good work, man! It's great that you're moving around more energetically this morning! Now don't freak out your mamabean by peeing too much! How do you like your timed feeder? My bean says she's going to get one for me.

Stu

Hi Randi, too bad about the Expos. My father, a dyed-in-the-wool NY Giants fan, was devastated when the Giants left NY. I'm a Mets fan, and it takes a lot of fortitude to be one of those!! I was going to go to Plattsburgh this afternoon, but I really MUST stay home to watch Opening Day!!!!!
    Ella

8. Barb & Checkers (GA)

Barb & Checkers (GA) Well-Known Member

Randi, speaking only from what I've been reading for the past year, 95 is a perfect number for a non insulin (non diabetic) cat. I'm very very happy for you.
    I assume Chicklet and Gum, mean OTJ? Trial maybe? Can you tell, I'm a fairly new 'bie'? :D
    Oh yeah, I understand the nervousness of the big pee! I'm even nervous when a civvie does it...or drinks a lot. :roll:

9. CD and BigMac

CD and BigMac Well-Known Member

Yeah Max! Who would have thought this just a few months ago? Wow.

Nice number today.

10. Melanie and Smokey

Melanie and Smokey Well-Known Member

Keep it up Max. :mrgreen:

11. Hillary & Maui (GA)

Hillary & Maui (GA) Well-Known Member

I had to stop and think what does she mean by chicklets - then I realized!!! ohmygod_smile ohmygod_smile Silly me.

Nice number for day 3.

Regarding food - I don't have timed feeders, but I always leave food out overnight - actually leave it out all day too. When Maui was on insulin and even on trial, I left food out, as I didn't want anyone feeling the hunger need and not having anything.

Of course, there were many mornings I awoke to empty bowls and very sad, hungry, pathetic faces telling me they were starved and never fed. :cry:

12. Marvie and Tugger

Marvie and Tugger Well-Known Member

Max is doing so well! And so are you =) The roller coaster slows down eventually, I think. I hope. Don't know about you but I'm getting dizzy ;)

13. Randi & Max (GA)

I am slo afraid of their not being any food for them so I will leave
    the feeder as is. Just need max to lose weight.

So after a few comments and my own indecision, I am going to change this "experiment"
    back to plain old Gum day.

14. Hillary & Maui (GA)

Re: 4/5 Max Gum Day 3 AMBG 95~+3 73

awwwww - I liked the chicklets - and used to love them - even though they never retained their flavor!

15. Roni and Moonie

Roni and Moonie Well-Known Member

CHEW BAZOOKA GUM MAX!!!! YOU ARE DOING SOOOOOOOO GREAT!--WE ARE SO PROUD OF YOU MAX,AND OF YOU RANDI--THE ROLLERCOASTER RIDE IS GETTING CLOSER AND CLOSER TO THE FALLS!!
    Hugs & love from Us~!---this is amazing :D :razz: :D :razz: :mrgreen:

16. Randi & Max (GA)

Exactly Hillary. :lol: :lol:
    MJ suggested Big Red but I don't like cinammon.

My first thought was "Hubba Bubba" - what does the survey say on that one??
    When I do chew, I love to blow bubbles. :D

Thanks Ronnie - Max at the falls. I just got tears in my eyes - I am so not normal.

17. Michelle & Scrabble (GA)

Michelle & Scrabble (GA) Well-Known Member

(((((Randi)))))) you guys are doing soooooo well! I would probably feel the exact same thing as you though! It IS such a roller coaster ride. I get nervous every time I test him!!! But Max is looking awesome and he is still in the normal range! Maybe with no night feeding Max will lose weight, he will probably be mad at not having as much food but it will be good for him!!! Congrats on doing so well, look it is already day 3!!!!!!! Hugs!

18. bettyandhank

bettyandhank Well-Known Member

Still Looking great Max. Yay!!!!

I don't know about this food thing either, Randi. But we've never been as scheduled as it sounds like ya'll were. Hank was overweight when all this began & needed to lose, but lost too rapidly due to being sick. Plus trying to transition him to all canned factored...I just wanted him to eat. So I fed whenever leaving leftovers down all the time. He held his own for awhile there, but now seems to be losing again.

Let me know what you figure out. I think I would probably not rock his boat too much as well as he is doing right now, and leave things like you've had them. He's obviously doing so well & wouldn't want to jinx.
    How do we figure it all out?

Another great day for Max!

19. Linda and Bear Man

Linda and Bear Man Well-Known Member

I liked the Chiclets too. The blue box was always my favorite. Bear seems to like the blue and the yellow ones.

20. Blue

Blue Well-Known Member

Good boy, Max; just keep on chewing, whatever flavor you like.

I swear if either Shadoe or Oliver get to this point, I am booking 14days vacation and stocking up with everything I could possibly need for those 2 weeks.

There has GOT to be a better word than just stressful. Stressful seems pretty fluffy to me.

21. Nicole & Baby

Nicole & Baby Well-Known Member

Hi, Randi & Max!! Happy Day 3, looking wonderful!!! :thumbup
    I really like the idea of a counseling board.. sign me up pronto!! :lol:
    I hope you all have a wonderful day!!

22. Hillary & Maui (GA)

I liked swell or bazooka better than hubba bubba - but hubba bubba made great bubbles - and were very sticky to get off the face! :eek: :eek: try chewing 2 hubba's at a time and talk about zonker big bubbles!

23. Deb & Spot

Deb & Spot Well-Known Member

[quote="Randi & Max"

Thanks Ronnie - Max at the falls. I just got tears in my eyes - I am so not normal.[/quote]

LOL...Just so you know, Randi, you ARE so normal...it's the others who don't understand those tears that are otherwise! I got the same way when it was suggested for Spot to go on his trial...and I was singing and dancing the "OTJ dance" almost everyday with Spot.

Oh, btw, I liked the chicklet's too...for what it's worth.

24. Randi & Max (GA)

Thanks Deb
    This board for the past 4 months has been my life.
    My family thinks I'm strange and ny DD's tell me to get friends other than those
    on the computer.
    It is so hard to beleive that it is almost possible to be at the falls.
    No antijinx here. Max has had an interesting journey to say the least.

I have been taking extra pictures of Max meanwhile, just in case there is a party soon.
    I need to dig up some kitten pictures, oh he was such a cute baby.

So chicklets has it. We will go back to that.

25. Michelle & Scrabble (GA)

Michelle & Scrabble (GA) Well-Known Member

Hi guys! I understand the tears totally, if Scrabble goes otj I don't think I will be able to control my tears! The past 2 months this board has been my life so I totally understand! My hubby always makes fun of me saying I am talking to my cat friends, hahaha! Anyway, Max is looking great and you better get snapping with that camera!!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.