1/21 Hershey AMPS(65)(63)PMPS(77)+2(146)+5.5(145)

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Doug N Libby, Jan 21, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Doug N Libby

Doug N Libby Well-Known Member

1/3-1/4 Hershey

HAPPY SNOW DAY!!!

Okay, so we don't have snow, yet! 64 degrees yesterday, 45 degrees now. Rain is predicted any minute, turning to snow, expecting low of 19 degrees. Joseph is working part-time at a grocery store and was called in to work early to deal with the mad rush that always accompanies such a forecast. Hopefully, everyone will shop early and he can get home before the roads get bad.

OT: Been keeping busy here. Sometimes I feel like I'm running so hard, it's hard to catch my breath, but when I try to list what's been keeping me busy it doesn't sound like so much. Am I the only one that feels that way? Since last we were here - my right eye has decided to stick almost nightly (sometimes multiple times) so I've been off the computer as much as possible. Doug went out of town for the better part of last week, which was the same week I had jury duty. oh. joy. Driving the first day was difficult, at best, with just the one eye. Needless to say, I left extra early and left plenty of space between me and any other car. Thankfully, I only had to be in court the one day, but in limbo M-W. Funny that in this large, randomly selected group I knew several people, including an ex-BIL who recently moved back to town. Until my mom was in the hospital, I hadn't seen him since the divorce, which was maybe 25 or 26 years ago. Fortunately, this is the only ex-BIL I can honestly say I liked, so we sat together and caught up a little. AND - (1/9) we got Jessica moved in to school.

Hershey seems to be feeling well. (Sleeping at the moment as Oreo patrols out the window!) All P's in place and he is LOVIN' the Friskies Special Diet Turkey & Giblets.
    At .5u: (Had moved shot time to 5/5, anticipating the early morning moving Jessica)
    1/7 - Hershey dropped to (44). Trying not to use the 19% b/c of high phos. Didn't break out the karo, but probably should've.
    1/8 - (46)AM and (48)PM - Special Diet T&G + karo. Felt like I spent most of day testing/trying to get/keep him up.

1/9 - Moving Jessica. Decided to reduce to .3u and knew PMPS would be late, so it'd give his depot time to deplete.
    Well, hello YELLOW and a BLUE here and there. :YMSIGH:
    1/11 - Back to .5u

1/14 - Trying to hold off on INC b/c jury duty, but can't leave him in all this YELLOW. INC to .6u
    - (39)AM WHAT?! Doubt it was from the one shot this morning. Maybe I shouldn't have INC, yet?
    - (39)PM
    1/15 - (48)AM - spent most of the last 3 cycles testing/feeding + karo
    Back to yellow. Will shoot through bounce and see what he does.
    1/16 - Told Hershey he has through Sun (1/19) to show something or INC
    1/17 - Brief green
    1/18 - BLUE until PM. Safe GREEN surf (+8/83), so I went to bed. +10.5, Hershey woke me with a different cry. (50) 1.5tsp SpD since didn't know if he was rising or falling. +11 (59)

1/19 - AM DEC back to .5u
    - GREEN most of day. PM +6.33 (74), told Hershey to wake me if he needed me. +11.25 - same cry. (51) 1.5tsp SpD, since didn't know if he was rising or falling.
    1/20 - BLUE AM. GREEN PM. Wondered if Hershey had plans, so tested later. PM +11.25 (62). Guess not.

Hoping to get around to visiting after supper. Thanks for coming by; it's always nice to see friends. Sorry for the lengthy post; thanks for sticking with it to the end. :D

Wishing everyone a warm and peaceful night -

Libby (& Hershey, too!)

AMPS (65) +12 - Shot .5u at 6:30am + 1/8th tsp Miralax
    +2 (99) - fed
    +6.67 (79)
    +8.5 (68)

+10.75 (63)

PMPS (77) +12 - Shot .5u at 6:30pm +1/8th tsp Miralax
    +2 (146) - fed
    +5.5 (145)

2. Josie & Ripley (GA)

Josie & Ripley (GA) Well-Known Member

Re: 1/21 Hershey AMPS(65)+2(99)+10.75 (63)

Looks like Hershey is having a nice GREEN day!
    Stay warm and safe :D

3. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

It sounds like Hershey has been keeping you on your toes. I hope he surfs safely this evening. I know what you mean about being really busy, but when you list what you've been doing it doesn't seem like much. I hope your eye gets better soon.

4. Cleo & Jane (GA)

Cleo & Jane (GA) Well-Known Member

Guess Hershey is liking this dose :mrgreen: :mrgreen: Love how he comes to wake you up when he goes low :D
    Hope your weather is not too bad~ stay safe :D

5. Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA)

Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA) Well-Known Member

Hershey will be a good player on the Green Team of the LL Sliders Curling Club. Send him out to the practice tomorrow!!

Hi Libby, Good to hear from you. I hope your eye will clear up soon. Sending you some healing vines. Don't drive one-eyed! That's a good excuse for taking a day off from jury duty!

Enjoy your snow. We aren't getting the snow, but we sure have the cold: it will be -25 F. tonight!!

Hugs, scritches,

Ella & Rusty

6. Deborah & Shasta

Deborah & Shasta Well-Known Member

Re: 1/21 Hershey AMPS(65)+10.75 (63)PMPS(77)+2(146) :-o

Goodness Hershey is looking good, as usual. Sorry that your eye is still giving you problems. But what a clever way to get out of jury duty...eye patch...wooden leg, answer all their questions with lots of rrrrrrr's...maybe!? I'll have to remember that for next time. ;-) I know exactly what you mean by feeling super busy and rushing, rushing, rushing. I feel like that every day, but then I don't feel like I've accomplished as much as I think I should have?! Strange. I hope you feel better. Hugs to you, Libby and scritches to the kitties!

7. Doug N Libby

- Hey, Josie - Good to hear from you. Those safe greens are a welcome sight for sure. Hope all is well with you.

- Hey, Carla - Thanks for coming by. Hershey is keeping me on my toes for sure. Wish he'd let me have a peek at his playbook! Thanks about my eye, frustrating, makes you appreciate all the things you CAN do, though.

- Hey, Jane - Good to see you. I'm going to take it as him liking this dose until he shows me a little something more. Saturday night was the first time I had ever heard that cry, almost went back to sleep (He's pulled that crying because he wants someone to be up with him nonsense.) but was sure glad I didn't! I think the snow is gone for us, just have the cold and frosty streets to worry about.

- Hey, Ella - Always good to see you. Thanks about my eye. Not driving one-eyed? That's the same thing Joseph said, but it was too late to get excused. So, I just prayed (mostly for everyone else on the road!) and did the best I could. I was glad I only had to drive the one day. Wish we had gotten just a little more snow, but sure not complaining. Going to pick Jessica up on Thursday, so glad it won't hinder that. -25F?!?!?!?! :eek: BRRRRRR!!! Move over Rusty and share the radiator!!

PMPS (77) +12 - Shot .5u at 6:30pm +1/8th tsp Miralax
    +2 (146) - fed

Didn't see that (146) coming :YMSIGH: but at least it's not (246)!

8. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Good to hear from you Libby and to get a green Hershey update. I'm sure he'll slide back down there later tonight.

Take care of your eye. Too much computer time probably isn't good either. The house must seem emptier without Jessica. :sad:

Be safe in the ugly weather.

9. Doug N Libby

- Hey, Wendy - So happy to see you. Thanks, hoping Hershey listens and slides down tonight. You're right about computer time on the eye. I never realized just how straining it is. And, yes, things are definitely different without Jessica here. It's the first time Joseph has been an only child and the first time in my life there have been more males in the house. So, we went from lots of Hallmark/happy ending movies...in the last couple of weeks I have seen "Man of Steel," the Batman movies, Gladiator, plus the regular superhero movies. :cool: Jessica is lovin' school, found a church she likes, joined a girls' Bible study, and is planning to pick up her bass so she can sing and play at CRU. She also talked about several service projects - running a 5K and working with the homeless. I cautioned her about jumping into too much and not having time for school. We'll see if she listened. ;-) I'm glad she's liking it, but we miss her, too. Will do our best to stay safe and warm!

+5.5 (145)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.