2/19 Zener PMPS 208;+3 199;+5 92;+6 112

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Anne & Zener GA, Feb 19, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Anne & Zener GA

Anne & Zener GA Well-Known Member

As promised, more juice for the mighty Z this morning. Appy is happy and he is napping outside in the sun. All in all, a purrfect morning for our guy.

When we started the Budesonide 3 Feb, Zener was on 1.25u. We have slowly been increasing the insulin as his BGs have gone up with the steroid use and he is now at 2.25u. It's always been a moving target with Zener, so we shouldn't be surprised to see the same with the addition of the new med. For those here who know about or have used Budesonide or other steroids with their kitties, approximately how much did you have to adjust the insulin? We read that Budesonide is more specific to the GI tract and may not affect BGs as much, but Zener as usual, is his own unique self!

Happy mid-week LL. :YMHUG:

2. Angela & Blackie & 3 Others

Angela & Blackie & 3 Others Well-Known Member

Re: 2/19 Zener AMPS 457;+2 393;+6 268 Bude & BG?

Hi, Liz and Zener

I wish I had an answer for you. I hope that someone on here who has used Budesonide for their diabetic kitties will come visit, and will give you advice on it. He's showing you a very lovely surf today! I hope that you're both having a great day so far. :D

3. Tara & Buster

Tara & Buster Well-Known Member

Z-man just dances to his own beat and that's why we love him! I don't have answers on the Bude, of course. Looks like Zener is having a good day. You guys truly are saints to take such good care of him.

4. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

It's nice to see some yellow today for Zener. Sorry I don't know about the Bude. Hopefully someone will give you an answer soon.

5. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Re: 2/19 Zener PMPS 208 Bude & BG?

Nice slide today Zener! Down to blues tonight? But no rooting for the Swedish team - they're playing our curling girls next.

I hear you on the moving targets of dosing. In December before her dental, Neko was getting great numbers on about 1/3 of her current dose. :roll: That PMPS looks promising though. I can't answer the Bude question, but maybe post on Health to get a few more eyes? You might want to ask Melissa who's had to play with the pred dose for Tarragon.

I hope the purrfect morning is followed by a purrfect evening. :D

6. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

I think Linda was using budesonide with Bear Man or one of her kitties. You might want to drop her a PM or ask her to stop by via FB.

7. Rachel & Chyna (GA)

Rachel & Chyna (GA) Well-Known Member

Wow, that is a much better PMPS, Zener, looking good! I hope the BGs continue to improve :D Woo hoo on the appy too! I hope you have all had a great day! :razz:

8. Amy&TrixieCat

Amy&TrixieCat Well-Known Member

More juice, a happy appy, a lovely PMPS...lookin' pretty awesome over here today! I hope someone comes along with an answer to your Bude/BG question...I'm curious to know, just in case it ever comes up here.

Have a great night, guys!

9. Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA)

Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA) Well-Known Member

Hi guys,
    I can't help with the meds, but am sending good luck vines. Work that new juice, Z Man"

Ella & Rusty

10. julie & punkin (ga)

julie & punkin (ga) Well-Known Member

no experience for me either, but Zener does look pretty good tonight. i loved reading that his appy was happy and he was napping outside in the sun! That's the best! cat_pet_icon

11. Anne & Zener GA

Re: 2/19 Zener PMPS 208;+3 199 Bude & BG?

Thanks all for the suggestions, I'll post the question on health and send a PM to Melissa and to Linda and Bear Man.

Whoo hoo, it's blue - and no cheering for swedish curlers. :lol:

12. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Re: 2/19 Zener PMPS 208;+3 199 Bude & BG?

Cheering for Brazil is OK - green next?

13. Anne & Zener GA

Re: 2/19 Zener PMPS 208;+3 199;+5 92

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Attached Files:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.