03/16 J.D. PMPS 125, +2 197 - my Sister needs vines

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Dyana, Mar 16, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dyana

Dyana Well-Known Member

Yesterday's Condo

Last Night:
    I hate to even type this
    438 PMPS
    539 +2
    HI +6 (TOR)
    HI +7.25
    485 +8

J.D. did well after the Baytril last night.
    He ate well, anyway. He still acted a little lethargic.

This morning, he was ravenous for his testing treats and ate his 1st Breffis. I was about to get a cypro dose ready when I decided to see how he ate first, and he ate well so far. Today is a work day for us, so I am hoping he will continue to eat at work, since I just gave him some more R this morning.
    Speaking of which, I'm not sure if I ruined my vial of R or not. The rubber stopper is a lot thinner on the R vial than on the Levemir insulin and when I was trying to hold the plunger in hard to get just a needleful of insulin late yesterday afternoon, and again last night all of a sudden I saw bubbles streaming (fast) upwards into the bottom of the overturned vial. On the +6 test the vial had lots of air bubbles all inside it.

I hope everyone has a good day.
    I hope J.D. comes down slowly, and eats at work.

2. Angela & Blackie & 3 Others

Angela & Blackie & 3 Others Well-Known Member

Re: 03/16 AMPS 598

I, too, hope that J.D. eats well at work, and I hope that the R isn't ruined. I'm sending tons of healing vines for you both, and I wish for him to bring his #s down very soon. I'm glad to hear that he's eating on his own without the use of the cyrpo. Please be safe. :YMHUG:

3. lovey11

lovey11 Well-Known Member

Hi Dyana, I am glad that you got J.D. to eat without the stimulant. Also, I am glad that he didn't vomit from the Baytril. 3 more days of that?

Sending prayers that J.D. will continue to eat while you are at work. Hope your day goes well.

I am not knowledgeable about the R. He usually gets a nice response to it so I guess you will find out.

4. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

I'm glad J.D. ate well for you this morning. I hope he continues to do so at work. I hope the R is not ruined.

5. Cleo & Jane (GA)

Cleo & Jane (GA) Well-Known Member

Hi Dyana,
    Yippee on the natural good appy!! Hope J.D. has a good day at tbp, and eats his fuds.
    Not sure about the bubbles in the vial? Hope it is not ruined.

6. Kim & Twice

Kim & Twice Well-Known Member

Good morning Dyana :coffee:
    Great job JD on eating your fuds all on your own!!! Crap about the R vial. I have no idea on that one. My first instinct would be to suck all that air back out! :? Not sure if that would even matter tho.
    Hope both you and JD have a good day at tbp!

7. Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA)

Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA) Well-Known Member

Hi Dyana,
    Don't forget to put J.D.'s name in your subject line!!
    We're glad that he's feeling better today and hope that you and he will have a good day at work. Bummer on the R vial. Maybe you need to use a shorter needle for R? In any event, if it had to be R or Lev., R was the better choice from the standpoint of the cost of replacement!

Have a fine day,

Hugs, scritches,

Ella & Rusty

8. Anne & Zener GA

Anne & Zener GA Well-Known Member

Happy appy is priceless! Paws crossed JD comes down from the stratosphere soon, and not too fast. ;-)

Attached Files:

9. Dyana

Dyana Well-Known Member

Re: 03/16 J.D. AMPS 598, +2.75 314, +4 207, +6.75 144

The R still works, unless he just came down himself.
    He has eaten well today at work, and I gave him some MC at +4 and +5.25.
    4 more days of Baytril. Since he did so well on it, last night, I was thinking of asking the vet if he should be on it longer :roll: I must be messed up.

10. Dyana

Dyana Well-Known Member

Re: 03/16 J.D. PMPS 125

J.D. ate well at work, which was nice. When we got home from work a few minutes before PMPS he was eating the left overs that Ginger left in her bowls. He has since gone to bed (and I want to follow him). Ginger is meowing meowing meowing to go for a walk, so I have to go do that. Then I need to call my dad and get to bed. I have a fasting (no coffee) blood test annual physical tomorrow morning, and I'll have her look at my arm, which is slowly getting better.

11. julie & punkin (ga)

julie & punkin (ga) Well-Known Member

ohmygosh, i didn't realize your arm was still hurting from your fall. you may need x-rays.

JD is looking super today! great pmps and great appetite. go little boy!

i would assume the R is ok unless you don't get much of a response in JD. in fact, maybe 1/2 strength R would be GOOD for JD! :D

just wanted to make sure you saw - last night late i mentioned a couple of ideas to help with the baytril if he vomits it up again. maybe he's ok now - that would be super!

sleep well!

12. Tricia Cinco(GA) & Harvey

Tricia Cinco(GA) & Harvey Well-Known Member

Glad to see J.D. is eating on his own and keeping food down. Looks to me like the R worked! Sending good appy and tummy vines so he keeps eating for you!

13. Dyana

Dyana Well-Known Member

Thanks Julie. I did see the post. I wrap his Baytril in Pill Pockets as I do most of the pills he gets.
    I'll wait another half hour for his food to settle into his tummy, and then give the Baytril, as I did last night.

14. MrZ

MrZ Well-Known Member

Whoa!! What a day J.D has had - (almost) all the colors of the rainbow! I hope he surfs safely for you tonight Dyana. Hope the physical goes well and the news on your arm is good. So glad to see that your dad did well with the surgery and is back home.

Hope you and JD have a nice quiet evening.

15. Dyana

Dyana Well-Known Member

Thanks. My regular nurse practioner that I see broke her knee on a slip on the ice, so I have to see someone new that I've never seem before, tomorrow. I hope I trust her, and she doesn't try to tell me I have carpel tunnel syndrome. My thumb and some muscles in my foreman ache a lot because they are trying to do the work of a not so much twisting arm (elbow) and wrist would normally do. I can lift a little more weight and at the two week mark, I said two more weeks and it will be better. It's over 4 weeks now, so I say one more month and it will be better.

Time for J.D.'s Baytril. Call my dad, and off to sleep. I didn't sleep so well last night.

16. Dyana

Dyana Well-Known Member

J.D. has not thrown up.

I just called my Dad and he is all worried about my Sister and said she is in the hospital. Her birthday was Tuesday and I wrote her an email and she said she had been feeling sick for a few days. She has TTP I am scared for her, and I wish I had someone to talk to. I just called her husband, whom I have maybe spoke to once in my life, and he said she got a transfusion on Saturday and was able to talk after it and lost that ability and is getting another transfusion now. I love my sister. I hope she is okay.

17. Amy&TrixieCat

Amy&TrixieCat Well-Known Member

Sending prayers for your sister :YMHUG: :YMHUG: :YMHUG: ...

18. MrZ

MrZ Well-Known Member

{{{{ Dyana }}}}

Sending prayers that your sister's condition was caught and treated early and she will make a full recovery.

Sincerely,

Laura

19. Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA)

Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA) Well-Known Member

Many prayers for your sister tonight, Dyana. And positive thoughts that she will recover and be fine.

:YMHUG: :YMHUG: :YMHUG:

Ella & Rusty

20. Josie & Ripley (GA)

Josie & Ripley (GA) Well-Known Member

((Dyana)), I'm keeping your sister in my thoughts and hoping for a fast recovery ♥
    :YMHUG:

21. Tricia Cinco(GA) & Harvey

Tricia Cinco(GA) & Harvey Well-Known Member

{{{Dyana}}}:

You can talk to us! Many vines and prayers to you and your family. I will keep your sister in my prayers.

:YMHUG: :YMHUG: :YMHUG: :YMHUG:

22. Anne & Zener GA

Anne & Zener GA Well-Known Member

Sending my very best healing vines for your sister.
    Liz

23. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

((((Dyana)))) Piling on yet more healing vines and snowflakes for your sister. :YMHUG: :YMHUG:

Good luck with the medical visit tomorrow - I hope you get someone you like.

24. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

Sending vines for your sister.

25. Nancy&Pepper (GA)

Nancy&Pepper (GA) Well-Known Member

Sending prayers and healing vines for your sister :YMHUG:

26. Rachel & Chyna (GA)

Rachel & Chyna (GA) Well-Known Member

I'm sorry that your sister isn't well :sad: , I'm adding my vines to the pile!

I also hope that J.D. will give you a nice surf tonight, nice blues :cool:

27. Cleo & Jane (GA)

Cleo & Jane (GA) Well-Known Member

Dyana,
    More vines and special prayers for your sister to make a full recovery :YMHUG:

Hugs for you and your family.

28. julie & punkin (ga)

julie & punkin (ga) Well-Known Member

adding my healing thoughts for your sis too. The TTP sounds very serious, but she is being treated in a hospital. We live in the age of medical miracles, Dyana. Be hopeful. :YMHUG:

29. rhiannon and shadow (GA)

rhiannon and shadow (GA) Well-Known Member

adding prayers for your DS. ((((Dyana)))))

30. DD & Tinkerbell

DD & Tinkerbell Well-Known Member

Dyana, I'm glad J.D. is keeping his food down, & it sounds like he's doing better. I am sorry your sister is in hospital--sending lots of healing vines for her and comfort vines & hugs for you...and if you need someone to talk to, there's always me...

Desi

31. Jennifer&Cain(GA)

Jennifer&Cain(GA) Member

Omg I just saw that link. I hope they caught it early enough. Sending you many healing vines and snowflakes and hugs and comfort for you. :YMHUG: :YMHUG:

Thank you for your help with Cain. :)

32. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

I too am sending healing thoughts to your sister.

Elise

33. Ann & Maggie11 (GA)

Ann & Maggie11 (GA) Well-Known Member

Dyana, sending more healing vines and prayers for your sister and family. Comfort vines and hugs for you.

34. Kim & Twice

Kim & Twice Well-Known Member

(((Dyana)))
    Sending healing vines to your sister and my prayers to you all :YMHUG:

35. lovey11

lovey11 Well-Known Member

I will put your sister on our prayer list. we will expect a recovery.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.