5/8 My Sweet Rex PMPS 327 +3 258 - CKD

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by RichNW & Rex, May 8, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RichNW & Rex

RichNW & Rex Well-Known Member

My Dear LL Family,

I had the best time every spending 2 full days with Little Gracie and Tobey.
    Gracie was even purring when I took her to the testing station.
    And who knew Tobey was a big ham and so into selfies. :lol:
    I couldn't believe it when he jump between me and the cell phone while I was texting Marje. Tooo Funny!!

The love of my life - Rex
    Well Rex had taken a turn for the worse. We knew one of his kidney was slightly larger than the other.
    We just didn't think it was going to be this soon.
    He looked so good and was doing so well after his tooth surgery. Marje and Josie even came over to see him in his prime.
    His vet and I have been monitoring him quite closely but his little body has really had enough.
    He is on fluids (twice a day), B12 (once a week), Clindamycin (once a day), PepcidAC (twice a day), Mirtazapine (every 3 days) and Renal Food.

But his little system is just worn out. Right now we are doing all we can to make him comfortable - sleeping mostly.
    We trying to find things that might make him happy and the past two evenings we have taken him to the park.
    Spend time with him on the blanket, let him smell and walk on the grass, and let him take in all the fresh air.

He has been adventurous and walking around - It is funny how energized he seems.
    At times I (and hope he does also) forget he is sick.

Thanks for all the thoughts a prayers. I will try to update as much as I can.

Love
    The R Team

2. Michelle and Mannie (GA)

Michelle and Mannie (GA) Well-Known Member

Hi Rich - I'm sorry about Rex. All we can ever do is listen to what they tells us, keep them as comfortable as we can. Often they do not know illness, and deal with it the best they can. They give us so much, ask little in return. Hold your boy close. Mannie loved the outdoors too, we did the same for him as you are doing for Rex. Hugs to all there.

3. Chris & China (GA)

Chris & China (GA) Well-Known Member

So sorry to hear Rex isn't doing very well.

You're doing a wonderful thing by giving him everything you can, while also paying such close attention to how he's feeling. We never want to hold them longer than is best for them, but it's always so hard to let them go.

Prayers sent for you and Rex, and hopes that he has more time left for you to love on him

4. mariko

mariko Well-Known Member

Rich,
    I am so sorry to hear that Rex isn't doing well.
    Sending many many prayers. :YMHUG:

5. Ann & Tess GA

Ann & Tess GA Well-Known Member

Rich , I'm so sorry to hear that Rex is slipping away. It never seems like there is time enough, but you are making his world so beautiful and full of love.

Hugs and scritches all around.

6. julie & punkin (ga)

julie & punkin (ga) Well-Known Member

sending you guys lots of hugs. if only our little ones would stay longer with us . . . i'm glad you've got this time together.

:YMHUG:

7. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

((((Rich)))) I am so sorry that Rex's little body is wearing out. I know how much he means to you and you have done so much for him. :YMHUG: :YMHUG: I'm glad you are having some good memories with him now and that he's able to enjoy these days.

I'll be thinking of you and Michael. I hope you have perfect weather now. Hugs and scritches to Rex from me too. cat_pet_icon

BTW: I loved your selfie with Tobes.

8. Tricia Cinco(GA) & Harvey

Tricia Cinco(GA) & Harvey Well-Known Member

{{{Rich}}}:

I am so sorry to hear that Rex is doing so poorly. It is obvious how much you love him. I know you are doing everything you can to keep him comfortable. My heart breaks for you as you go through this. I pray that you will have many quality days together. Stay strong, knowing that you have all of LL thinking of and praying for you and Rex.

BTW, I think it was wonderful that you could stay with Gracie and Tobey and allow Marje and Mike to get away for their anniversary. I know you are aware how honored you are that Gracie approves of you. It was a great thing to do and you are a very generous, kind person.

Sending prayers, hugs and peaceful vines. :YMHUG:

9. Ann & Maggie11 (GA)

Ann & Maggie11 (GA) Well-Known Member

Rich, I'm so sorry to hear about Rex. Having gone thru the same with Maggie last August, I know how hard this must be for you. It can happen so fast. Enjoy every precious moment with Rex. How nice that you take him to the park where he can walk in the grass and sniff fresh air. Sending lots of hugs and prayers.

10. Amy&TrixieCat

Amy&TrixieCat Well-Known Member

Sending endless prayers to you and sweet Rex :YMHUG: :YMHUG: :YMHUG: ..

11. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Adding more prayers and hugs. :YMHUG: :YMHUG:

12. Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA)

Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA) Well-Known Member

((((Rich))))
    We are adding our thoughts and prayers for Rex to live out his life with you in comfort and love. He has the very best papabean. Sunshine, fresh grass to walk on, and the person he loves most beside him--Rex is a very lucky kitty.

Hugs, scritches,

Ella & Rusty

13. Shelly & Jersey (GA)

Shelly & Jersey (GA) Well-Known Member

More thoughts and prayers are going out to you and Rex. :YMHUG:

14. rhiannon and shadow (GA)

rhiannon and shadow (GA) Well-Known Member

I'm so sorry he's declining. Adding orayers and happy activities vines.....

If he's a talker, you might want to record him while you can.
    Scritches to sweet Rex. cat_pet_icon

15. Anne & Zener GA

Anne & Zener GA Well-Known Member

Many good thoughts coming to you and Rex. You are a great team.
    Liz

16. Tara & Buster

Tara & Buster Well-Known Member

So glad you have each other and are able to spend quality time together. Comfort vines to you both.

17. Tiger(GA) and Ruth

Tiger(GA) and Ruth Well-Known Member

We're new here, but just had to add how sorry we are to read this - your Kitty Rex is one lucky kitty to have a loving bean like you!

18. Josie & Ripley (GA)

Josie & Ripley (GA) Well-Known Member

(((((Rich)))))
    My heart goes out to you. I'm so sorry to hear that Rex isn't doing better. Savor this time with him -- he knows what an amazing Bean you are. Keeping you and Sweet Rex in my thoughts. :YMHUG: :YMHUG: :YMHUG: :YMHUG:

19. Linda and Scooter & Jack

Linda and Scooter & Jack Well-Known Member

((((((((((Rich))))))))))))

Oh how sad for you and how great for you to have this time now. I love that you take him to the park!! What a great Pappa bean! Cuddle him while you can.

20. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

(((((Rich))))) (((((Rex)))))
    I'm so sorry that the CKD is taking its toll. Treasure the time and do what you're doing -- making Rex comfortable and taking the time to spend doing the things that mean a great deal to you both. Take pictures. Make memories. They last forever.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.