5/11 Rex - My Beautiful Darling Boy

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by RichNW & Rex, May 12, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RichNW & Rex

RichNW & Rex Well-Known Member

My Dear LL Family,

It is with a broken and grief stricken heart that I must inform my Darling Little Boy has passed.
    His little body could not sustain him any longer.

We spent the past few days doing everything we could to make Rex happy, comfortable, and feel loved.
    We took Rex to the park Wednesday and Thursday afternoon to enjoy the grass, fresh air, and the awesome sunsets.
    Starting Friday he seem really tired - sleeping most of the day so I took the day off work to make sure he was not alone.
    Friday was Daddy and Rex day - spent snuggled under the dining room table telling him "I Love You" over and over again.
    And how much I will always love him. He would look up at me - I sensed that he knew what I was saying and felt it.

We planned on saying our final goodbyes Monday morning, but felt that we could not wait with his heavy breathing and rapid heart rate.
    I felt in my heart that we could not wait for fear of him having an event and experiencing severe pain.
    Our hospice vet was able to come over Sunday rather than Monday morning.

Michael and I took Rex outside the apartment and let him walk around, smell and lick things. I laid down on the ground and he walked over to me.
    He was his affectionate self and showed it every day. He would sleep on us while we were watching TV. Sit between me and my laptop when I would work from home.
    The three of us were so bonded and my mind is still struggling to accept he is gone. :sad:
    But our final act of love was to set him free and only think of him. wings_cat

Michael queued up the song we dedicate to Rex when we adopted him a little more than 3 years ago.

"Close your eyes
    Have no fear
    The monster's gone
    He's on the run and your daddy's here
    Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful
    Beautiful boy..."

Beautiful Boy - John Lennon

Rex passed away in our arms, in his home, and with his loving daddies. As we told him he was loved and will be loved forever.
    No more testing, no more medicine, no more injections - only peace.

We Will Always Love You Rex!!!

From my most guarded part of my heart - Thank You My Lantus Family.
    With your help - I was able to give Rex 2 extra years.

Love,
    Rich & Michael

Rex's 5/10 Condo

Attached Files:

2. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Re: 5/11 Rex - My Darling Little Boy

(((Rich and Michael))). Tears are pouring out tonight here. I am so sorry it was your sweet boy's time to go. I know how hard you worked to make his life better. I wish I could hug you in person tonight. :YMHUG: :YMHUG:
    Fly free little Rex - send your daddies a message when you make it to the Bridge. wings_cat

[​IMG]

3. Tricia Cinco(GA) & Harvey

Tricia Cinco(GA) & Harvey Well-Known Member

Oh Rich, I am so very, very sorry. Tears are falling on my keyboard as I type this. You did a wonderful thing today, helping Rex to cross the bridge before the pain got hold of him, even though you would have rather had more time with him. I love the story of his last days with you - beautiful memories for you to cherish forever. Thank you for sharing it with us. I will keep you and Michael in my thoughts and prayers as you face the days ahead without your beautiful boy - and he was beautiful.

Sending healing vines for your hearts and many hugs. :YMHUG: :YMHUG: :YMHUG:

Fly free, sweet Rex, and land softly. o:)

4. MJ+Donovan

MJ+Donovan Well-Known Member

Re: 5/11 Rex - My Darling Little Boy

:cry:
    I too spent my last day with Butthead sitting in the grass, enjoying the sunshine. He loved that.

Lighting Butthead's candle to guide Rex to the Bridge...
    [​IMG]

MJ

5. Merlin

Merlin Well-Known Member

I am so sorry Rich and Michael for your loss. Your contribute to Rex was so moving and he was such a beautiful little kitty. He was so very lucky to have found you and likewise for you too I am sure. Hugs.

6. Amy&TrixieCat

Amy&TrixieCat Well-Known Member

I am so very sorry, Rich and Michael. Your love for Rex is a true inspiration to all of us. He will always be with you in your hearts until you meet again. Our deepest condolences and prayers....

7. Ann & Maggie11 (GA)

Ann & Maggie11 (GA) Well-Known Member

Rich and Michael, so very sorry for your loss. I love hearing how you and Michael spent the last days with Rex with the Hospice care, taking him to the park and spending time loving on him. You've created such beautiful memories. My heart and prayers go out to you and Michael. Fly free sweet Rex.

8. Dyana

Dyana Well-Known Member

I am so sorry for your loss (((((Rich))))) & (((((Michael))))).

Rex knows how much you love him, and he will be waiting for you to join him one day.
    [​IMG]

I too wish we could hug you in person.

You both will be in my thoughts.

9. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

I'm so sorry. Sending prayers to you and Michael. Fly free sweet Rex.

10. ChEMom

ChEMom Member

I am so very sorry for your loss.

11. Chris & China (GA)

Chris & China (GA) Well-Known Member

So sorry to hear it was time for Rex to leave you.

You have my deepest condolences Rich and Michael.

Fly Free sweet Rex, and land softly. There are many at the Bridge to welcome you and keep you company until the ones you love most come to get you. Send a sign to let them know you're healthy, happy and doing fine.
    [​IMG]

12. Angela & Blackie & 3 Others

Angela & Blackie & 3 Others Well-Known Member

I'm so sorry to hear about your loss. Please accept my condolences, and know that you, and your family, are in my thoughts and prayers. Fly free, sweet beautiful Rex, and land softly.

13. Michelle and Mannie (GA)

Michelle and Mannie (GA) Well-Known Member

Rich - I am so very sorry.... There simply are not words. You have given Rex the most loving and caring final gift. I know he thanks for for it, and for the wonderful last few days. I hope there will be comfort in the many memories you and Michael will have. Fly free little one. Rex, you will alwyas be remembered, never forgotten. Land softly at the Bridge.

14. Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA)

Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA) Well-Known Member

Dear ((((Rich & Michael)))),

Your beautiful boy is safely at the Bridge, surrounded by his friends, and sending you loving thanks for the great life he shared with you. Fly Free, sweet Rex, on your beautiful new golden wings. wings_cat You are much loved.

In deepest sympathy,

Ella & Edward, Rusty, and Stu (GA)

Thank you, Rich, for your moving tribute to your fine, handsome kitty.

15. Anne & Zener GA

Anne & Zener GA Well-Known Member

((((Rich and Michael)))) I am so sorry that you had to say goodbye to your sweet, beautiful boy. You were wonderful daddybeans for Rex and you gave him a wonderful life. Thinking of you.
    Liz

16. PeterDevonMocha

PeterDevonMocha Well-Known Member

((hugs)) I am so sorry for your loss .. It is never ever easy to say goodbye to our babies .. but you are right, letting them go is our final act of love we can show them .. Fly Free Rex, and show your daddies you have landed safely at the rainbow bridge ...

17. Barb & Checkers (GA)

Barb & Checkers (GA) Well-Known Member

(((Rich & Michael)))

I'm so sorry to hear that it was time to say goodbye to your most precious Rex. You gave him a loved filled , happy life.
    I'm so glad you had time to show him those wonderful days outdoors, this past week.
    I am sending prayers of comfort, for you both.
    When you feel a soft warm breeze, it is Rex, blowing kisses to you. wings_cat

Fly free Rex. Have fun at the Bridge, with your brand new body. Climb the highest tree and blow kitty kisses, down on the wind, to your loving daddies.

Barb

18. Rachel & Chyna (GA)

Rachel & Chyna (GA) Well-Known Member

Rich and Michael, I'm so sorry :cry: . I know exactly how it feels, and I cry for you both. I'm so glad that you got to spend the past little while with Rex showing and telling him how much you loved him, doing things he loved with his beans. My deepest condolences, and many hugs to you both :YMHUG: . Fly free, little one wings_cat

19. terri1962

terri1962 Well-Known Member

Rich and Michael,

I am so sorry for the loss or your beautiful boy. Sending prayers that each day gets a little easier.

Terri

20. mariko

mariko Well-Known Member

(((Rich & Michael)))
    I am so very sorry it was Rex's time to go.
    My thoughts are with you.
    Fly free, beautiful Rex. wings_cat

21. Deb & Spot

Deb & Spot Well-Known Member

I am so very sorry for your loss, Rich and Michael. Although you don't know me, I know to well the heart ache of losing a fur baby. My heart goes out to you both. Rest peacefully, Rex. Say hello to my Ralphie and all my other fur babies!!

Attached Files:

22. blove7

blove7 Member

Rich and Michael,

I'm so sorry that you lost your little boy, Rex. I can only imagine how hard this must be. Reading your post makes me cry...for you and for anyone who has gone through this or will go through it.

Although the pain will be there for a long time, I hope you find some solace in knowing that Rex is in peace now.

Sincerely,

Brigitte

23. bettyandhank

bettyandhank Well-Known Member

Rich & Michael-

I am so sorry for the loss of your baby Rex. I know well how very much it hurts...So wonderful that you found each other and for the extra time and love you were able to have those last years. My sympathies to you..I know you will miss him terribly.

Betty

24. housecats4

housecats4 Well-Known Member

((((((((((((Rich Michael)))))))))))) I am so very sorry for the lost of your sweet boy (((Rex))) what a wonderful life you gave this little guy ,taking such great care and to ensure he had all he needed in the end ...Love.. You gave him the greatest gift one can give the freedom of pain.
    We send you on a journey to a land free of pain not because we did not love you but because we loved you too much to force you to stay.
    Rex is now running and playing in his new healthy body with wings....cats love the wings you know they bounce fly land on their new cloud bed that is right in the line of sunspots.
    Sending prayers and tons of healing green light to your broken hearts that one day it will know his joy(((Rex))) sweet dreams to your daddies....Hugs Kath & Trey,Muggins,Lobo,Jessie and Mikey.

25. housecats4

housecats4 Well-Known Member

((((((((((((Rich Michael)))))))))))) I am so very sorry for the lost of your sweet boy (((Rex))) what a wonderful life you gave this little guy ,taking such great care and to ensure he had all he needed in the end ...Love.. You gave him the greatest gift one can give the freedom of pain.
    We send you on a journey to a land free of pain not because we did not love you but because we loved you too much to force you to stay.
    Rex is now running and playing in his new healthy body with wings....cats love the wings you know they bounce fly land on their new cloud bed that is right in the line of sunspots.
    Sending prayers and tons of healing green light to your broken hearts that one day it will know his joy(((Rex))) sweet dreams to your daddies....Hugs Kath & Trey,Muggins,Lobo,Jessie and Mikey.

26. Josie & Ripley (GA)

Josie & Ripley (GA) Well-Known Member

{{{{{{{Rich and Michael}}}}}}}
    Words cannot express the sadness I'm feeling for you. I am so very, very sorry.
    I am so glad you had the opportunity to spend such quality, loving time with Rex over the last few days ~ those memories will help you get through this difficult time. I had the honor of meeting your sweet Rex 3 months ago and I instantly fell in love with him. The mutual love and admiration between Rex and his Daddybeans was palpable. You gave Rex so much love and wonderful care, and you both were very loved by him in return. Sending you much love, my friends, during this difficult time.

[​IMG]
    Fly free, Sweetest Rex.
    You will always be loved and cherished, Beautiful Boy.

♥♥♥

27. Marje and Gracie

Marje and Gracie Senior Member Moderator

(((Rich and Michael))) Mike and I, Gracie and Tobey, send our deepest condolences. I know Rex was not with you and Michael long but oh how he was loved and cherished those three years. Three magical, wonderful, incredible years where you two knew what a loving, sweet soul his was. I know your heartache and grief are deep and we are here for you and Michael. I was so honored that Josie and I got to meet Rex and experience what a gentle spirit he was. And I also got to witness the profound love you and Michael have for him and that every single decision you made was entirely for him.
    I know Gus greeted Rex and they are together in a special place and they will always and forever be in our hearts.

A Candle for Rex

The Ridge by Carol Notermann

It’s been such a lovely summer, I’ve been napping in the sun.
    This morning, other cats and I enjoyed a long long run.
    We chased butterflies together. I climbed high into a tree.
    And now I think what woke me up was that small bumble bee.

I’ve yawned and stretched, and still I feel that something has begun.
    He’s standing there in robes of white, and telling me to come.
    I always run to Him you know, when He comes across the bridge
    To see if we’re all having fun and if we’ve checked the ridge.

He gives tummy rubs to all of us and pets and cuddles too
    I’m glad to see Him every day, when He comes into view.
    Each day He takes a different cat, and chats with them a while
    Then off that kitty starts to run. I swear they seem to smile.

But now He’s stopped in front of me. He’s said a name I know.
    He said to look out towards the ridge. The sun is setting low.
    I start to walk out toward the ridge, and then what’s that I see.
    IT’S YOU! IT’S YOU! It’s really you. You’ve come to be with me!

My goodness you are running and I am running too!
    You stop to bend, but I can jump and now I am with you.
    I feel your kisses on my head, as I did in long off days
    You’re holding me and hugging me, and into your eyes I gaze.

And now He’s walking with us, as you carry me once more
    We’ve crossed Rainbow Bridge together. We’re here at Heaven’s door.
    And He has held it open, and told us to walk through
    That from now on and forever, I can always be with you.

28. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

(((((Rich and Michael)))))

I read your farewell post first thing this morning and it was just too hard to write a response. Your note beautifully expresses just how much Rex is loved. You did so much to let him know -- from walks in the park to just being with him. When people have asked me, "How do I know if it's my kitty's time?" All I can honestly tell them is what I believe -- your cat will tell you. If you take the time to listen, your cat will tell you when it's time. You have listened well even though that decision comes with many tears and an aching heart. The final gift you gave Rex was a decision you made for him no matter how much it caused you pain. That sounds like the most unselfish thing a person can do. He will be with you for always and forever. He has left indelible pawprints on many hearts.

I hope this fable brings you some comfort -- it speaks to why we choose tears.

29. Ann & Tess GA

Ann & Tess GA Well-Known Member

((((((((((Rich and Michael))))))))))I am so sorry to hear that Rex has left you. You were such wonderful beans to him and did everything to make his final days so beautiful. Although his time with you was too brief, cherish the memories and remember him when you are out and that gentle breeze ruffles your hair. It is Rex saying thank you for you love and gentle care.

Fly Free, Prince Rex! Send gentle breezes of good memories to your loving beans.

[​IMG]

30. Dale 'n' Chip

Dale 'n' Chip Well-Known Member

Fly free sweet beautiful darling boy. rb_icon

31. Tara & Buster

Tara & Buster Well-Known Member

So very sorry Rich and Michael. He couldn't have had 2 better daddybeans to look after him. I hope he comes to visit once he has found his way. wings_cat

32. lovey11

lovey11 Well-Known Member

I am so very sorry for your loss of your Rex. It was easy to tell how much you loved him through your posts. Praying for you that will both find some peace in time and in your special memories.

33. julie & punkin (ga)

julie & punkin (ga) Well-Known Member

(((((Rich & Michael)))))

we don't just fall in love with everyone, and it's obvious how much you fell in love with Rex! he was so fortunate to have you loving him and caring for him through this terrible illness.

sending both of you a big hug,

julie

fly free little one. you are so very loved.

[​IMG]

34. Tiger(GA) and Ruth

Tiger(GA) and Ruth Well-Known Member

That was always one of my favorite John Lennon songs - and so appropriate for this beautiful tribute! Clearly, your Rex was so much loved that I just know his memory will live inside your hearts forever - so sorry for your loss.

35. rhiannon and shadow (GA)

rhiannon and shadow (GA) Well-Known Member

I'm so sorry for your loss. Rex felt your love.
    Fly Free Rex.
    [​IMG]

36. jt and trouble (GA)

jt and trouble (GA) Well-Known Member

I'm so sorry for your loss. Ive been away and have missed so much here. You did right by your boy. Trading a sick and failing body for a healthy free spirit. May that spirit continue to enrich your soul.
    My sincere condolences,
    jeanne

For Rex:
    http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/mes ... d=20818871

37. Jamie & Jupiter

Jamie & Jupiter Well-Known Member

I am so sorry for your loss. Cherish those sweet sweet memories.

Rex, you are so loved and will be missed by many. Fly free <3

38. Kim & Twice

Kim & Twice Well-Known Member

I am so sorry to be reading this and know that your hearts are breaking (((Rich & Michael))). Rex was a very lucky boy to have such wonderful, caring Daddybeans. What a truly beautiful last few days you both gave him. It has always been obvious how much he was loved and I know he returned that love full hearted.

Fly free sweetest Rex. When you can please let your beans know you are well now. You are loved and missed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.