6/13 Hershey AMPS(114)PMPS(57) Happy Annifursary! G'baby Pix

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Doug N Libby, Jun 13, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Doug N Libby

Doug N Libby Well-Known Member

5/15 Hershey

HAPPY FRIDAY!!!

I hope all is well with you and yours on this muggy (and now) stormy Friday. We spent the first part of the day house hunting. We told Joseph that we'd rent him our house, if we could find another one to buy. Not sure if that's going to work out or not, but I haven't given up. I had two teeth extracted Tuesday (1 wisdom tooth and 1 I broke a few weeks ago) and let's just say I don't recover as quickly as I used to. Still wrestling with this eye issue, too, so fun times all the way around. They keep switching up the eye drops, added duct plugs about two weeks and this week added a pill BID to try to bring the pressure down. Apparently, I'm one of those special cases. ;-) So, still way limiting my computer usage and basically not driving at all. Had to drive about a week ago and my smart son asked if I remembered how. :roll:

So - today marks TWO YEARS Hershey has been on Levemir. He was on ProZinc 5 months before that and we learned so much in that group, especially about how to handle low numbers! Sometime around May 30th, I told Hershey I didn't care if he ever went into remission. That he was doing so well, pretty well regulated, looking good, acting like he felt good, and that was all that mattered. Well, when he dropped low several times at .3u and we shaved to .2u, I realized I lied. Don't get me wrong - those things are the MAIN things, but I sure wouldn't mind seeing him in remission! Anyhoo - the .2u shave was a FAIL and we INC him back to .4u 6/12 AM. Hoping this is enough to jump start him and we can slide back down to .3u in the near future.

He still needs repeat blood work, but with all my woes, I haven't been able to take him. Keeping Sammy next week (YAY!), then planning to schedule Hershey. Sure hoping his values are better and he doesn't show signs of kidney disease. We switched exclusively to Friskies Special Diet Turkey & Giblets after his December appointment. Not a lot of difference in the phosphorus from Wellness Turkey, but maybe enough? I just don't see how we can afford the prescription brands. But, trying not to borrow trouble.

Thanks for stopping by and visiting with us tonight. Have a great night!

Libby (& Hershey, too!)

AMPS (114) + 12 = Shot .4u at 6:00 am + 1/8th tsp Miralax
    +2.5 (117) - Fed
    +8.5 (69)
    +9.83 (58)
    - Checking to see if he was rising or falling, since I had missed +6
    +10.83 (54) - Just knew he would've dropped more

PMPS (57) +12 - Shot .4u at 6:00 pm + 1/8th tsp Miralax
    +1.83 (57) - Fed
    +6.83 (45) - fed 1.5 tsp SpD
    +7.75 (43) - fed 1.5 tsp SpD
    +8.17 (50)
    +8.75 (50)
    +9.25 (55)

2. Doug N Libby

Re: 6/13 Hershey AMPS(114)PMPS(57) Happy Annifursary!

+6.83 (45) - fed 1.5 tsp SpD - Well, I suspected he was going to drop, but time got away from me and I didn't get a +6

+7.75 (43) - fed 1.5 tsp SpD
    +8.17 (50)
    +8.75 (50)
    +9.25 (55)

3. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Re: 6/13 Hershey AMPS(114)PMPS(57) Happy Annifursary!

Happy Annifursary Hershey and Libby (and Doug too)! Sounds like Hershey was Dx not long after Neko. I can so relate to the main thing being their health, in spite of being on insulin. Looks like Hershey might want to go back to .3U soon. :mrgreen: He's looking great. Scritches to him and Oreo too.

Sorry to hear you are a special eye case. :sad: We miss you hear but understand how it's got to be.

Paws crossed for good bloodwork when you get it. Not sure why you'd need special prescription food. The CKD cats here all eat commercial canned.

4. Michelle and Mannie (GA)

Michelle and Mannie (GA) Well-Known Member

Re: 6/13 Hershey AMPS(114)PMPS(57) Happy Lev Annifursary!

Happy Annifursary Hershey! :D :D :D :cool:

Good strong healing vines for you Libby. I hope things start getting better faster and sooner for you. One has to love being one of those special cases. My best to you.

Hope all goes well with Hersey's BW, when you can get that done. I wouldn't worry about the prescription foods either. Most kitties I know aren't on it, and they do very well.

Have a great day today, I hope all goes well.

5. julie & punkin (ga)

julie & punkin (ga) Well-Known Member

happy anniversary, libby!

you've been through a lot - take care of yourself, we miss seeing you!

congrats to little hershey! cat_pet_icon

6. Anne & Zener GA

Anne & Zener GA Well-Known Member

So great to see an update on Hershey and you too Libby! We're so sorry to read of your specialness, ugh, nothing worse than hearing those "hmm, you're special" or "oh, this is interesting, quite rare", or "oh my, how unique" from any kind of medical person!

Paws crossed Mr P gets back on duty soon and for your eye too!

Anne

7. Deborah & Shasta

Deborah & Shasta Well-Known Member

Happy Annifursary, Hershey!!!!!! So much going on in this condo...where to begin... Look at Hershey go with his numbers!!! Good job!! I just started Shasta with the Friskies SD Turkey & Giblets. <anti-jinx> She likes it! :D Sending good blood work vines for when you do take him to the vetty. Sending healing vines for your eyes and mouth! I'm pretty sure I inherited my father's bad eyes and bad teeth...no fun. But YAY on having Sammy next week. I bet he has gotten sooooo big!!!!! It's always good to hear from you. Give Hershey a few scritches from me and Shasta. Hope you're having a good, relaxing weekend, Libby!

8. Doug N Libby

Hey, Wendy - I think you're right about Hershey's .4u being short-lived. After jammy parties back-to-back, we're going to slide down to .3u at AMPS. Hoping he remembers how much he liked it! Thanks, I miss y'all, too and hope to get back on a more regular basis soon.

Hey, Michelle - Thanks, I keep thinking I'm on the home-stretch with this eye...and, then...It reminds me of the first year we took the kids to Jockey's Ridge to fly kites. Doug could see the water was "just over the next dune" and was going to walk to it. Well, let's just say he was gone a l-o-n-g time and never did reach it! Our new vet was pretty adamant about Hershey going to prescription foods. That's why I wanted him to have a history on the Special Diet to see on his next BW. This vet has been pretty open to the way we do things and I don't mind having a discussion with him, but I'd rather the BW do it for me. You know?

Hey, Julie - Thanks, I miss y'all, too. I think/hope? things may be looking up post teeth extractions. Called the dentist today and she called in a steroid for me. Not that I like being on them, but I do like relief. Here's hoping! Hershey says, thanks! I'm so glad we found FDMB from my internet search and glad to learn about Levemir. I really think it's made a big difference for Hershey.

Hey, Anne - Thanks for the welcome back. Yes, being special is oh such...fun? It never does mean I've won a new car or anything fun like that. *sigh*

Hey, Deborah - Thanks for all the kind words and well-wishes. Sorry to hear you inherited bad eyes and bad teeth. My eyes gave me no problems until well into my 40's and my teeth are from my older sisters convincing my I didn't need to brush. Dumb, I know, but I believed them. My children wonder why I've always been so hard on them about taking care of their teeth, but 20 - 23 and almost 28 and only one small cavity ever between them. And, now the girls do thank me regularly. Yes, Sammy has gotten big. I don't know if you saw the picture I posted of him when we were at the hospital for Beth Ann's delivery. But, he's wide open all the time, that's why I want to be on top of my game before picking him up. He does slow down for meals, (short) naps, for you to read to him and to watch Chuggington or Curious George. (Books and those shows are also pretty much the only snuggle times with the big boy, too.)

** Both of these are a month old, but they're the most recent pictures I have of them.

Wrapping up tonight's jammy party (I hope) and grabbing almost 4 hours of sleep before church. On nights like this, my mama would say - "Sleep fast"

Attached Files:

9. Tricia Cinco(GA) & Harvey

Tricia Cinco(GA) & Harvey Well-Known Member

My Mom used to say "sleep fast", too! I haven't heard that in years. Thanks for that bit of nostalgia.

A belated happy annifursary to Hershey and to you. Congrats on the failed dosecrease :lol: When that happens I like to think of it as just a little kick start. It's nice when it works! :D

I agree about the dreaded "special case". My sister was supposed to have routine cataract surgery (laser) and there was nothing routine about it. She got a lot of "I've never seen that in all my years of practise", and "Well, you don't see that often!" She did not like being special, either. At one point she had to spend two or three weeks lying on her stomach with her face down - all she got were short potty breaks! I hope your eye issues are not as bad and that they clear up soon. Sending healing vines for your teeth, too.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.