9/6 Polly AMPS 169+2=235+8.5=244 PMPS 258+2=225+4=170

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Marilyn and Polly, Sep 6, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Marilyn and Polly

Marilyn and Polly Well-Known Member

Yesterday

Recap 9/5
    228 AMPS
    181 +2
    149 +4.75
    166 +7.5
    184 PMPS
    154 +2
    108 +4
    106 +5.5
    134 +7

Hmmmm? Looks like Polly's trying to tell me we don't need no stinkin' trip to Colorado. Some cats will do anything to get out of a car ride! Even bring their numbers down to fairly comfortable numbers.

Sorry, Polly. We're still going.

Would really like to btb, but I still have to pack my stuff. Cat stuff was all done last night. Clean the house. Take the dog to friend's house. His sleep-over stuff was loaded in the car last night. Stop at the bank. And hit the road around +4. Want to be settled in Grand Jct. by +10.

I'll probably journal our trip. If I can figure out how, I'll link to our travel report in my signature for anyone who wants to follow along with us.

Thanks, LL. Couldn't do this without you, especially Julie and Wendy who have so generously shared their experiences and wisdom.

Vines and wishes.

Marilyn and Polly

2. Shelly & Jersey (GA)

Shelly & Jersey (GA) Well-Known Member

Re: 9/6 Polly AMPS 169

Beautiful start to the day for Polly. :D

Travel safely, Marilyn and Polly! We're sending lots of vines your way.

3. MollynSkooter

MollynSkooter Well-Known Member

Sending great uneventful travel vines, good SRT (I think that is the name of it) results vines, calming vines for momma, chill out vines for the animals who will miss momma, have a little fun vines....ummmm and any other vines you may need for this journey!

Looking forward to hearing all about it....

Hugs to you all!!!

4. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Hey Polly - how about a nice blue surf today. While all this under renal threshold time is appreciated - no shenanigans on the road! Beans do NOT like testing and feeding HC at rest stops and off ramps.

Safe travels - I hope you make it to the next stop in plenty of time for PMPS. And Polly is looking GREAT at this dose. :D

ETA: Yes to more Polly pics!

5. Amy&TrixieCat

Amy&TrixieCat Well-Known Member

Sending prayers for safe travel and perfect SRT treatment and results!!!

6. Georgette and Clare

Georgette and Clare Member

Hi Marilyn,

Have a safe journey and we're sending lots of good wishes for Polly's test results.

We'd really like to "ride" along with your journal entries if you have the time.

Warm, healing wishes to you both, and sunshine for your travel,

Georgette

7. julie & punkin (ga)

julie & punkin (ga) Well-Known Member

i absolutely want updates!!!!!!!!!!!!! did i use enough exclamation marks? :lol:

it'd be great if you put something in your subject line about the SRT adventure - just as Polly is a newly diagnosed acrokitty, there will no doubt be others coming along and it's helpful for people to see the process unfold.

I copied the URLs of each of our day's condos while in Colorado and put them in the comments cell of the spreadsheet. That way I could go back and look if I wanted, which I did several times. It will be helpful to you, although I can't tell you how now, but i know i looked back.

I included the advice and comments from the CSU vets in my condo, i think. Oh yeah, and that first day when we were in the waiting room and i was holding punkin while he stood up - feet on my lap, front feet on my shoulders, and he POOPED on me! standing up and everything!! I was amazed at his ability that i'd never seen before! :lol: and then i was wet from trying to wash it off of my clothes in the waiting room bathroom. :lol:

so my wish for you is that polly does no amazing pooping on you. :D :lol:

safe travels & keep us updated. :YMHUG: :YMHUG: :YMHUG:

8. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Sending safe travel prayers. I hope Polly gives you a safe surf on your trip.

9. Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA)

Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA) Well-Known Member

Hi Marilyn & Polly,
    Wishing you a safe and successful trip!

Ella & Rusty

10. Marilyn and Polly

Marilyn and Polly Well-Known Member

Re: 9/6 Polly SRT Update AMPS 169+2=235+8.5=244 PMPS 258+2=2

All's well. Left much later than anticipated. Poor planning from DaBean. Polly was talky. Only caught a few cat naps in between running commentary about the scenery, the stupid crate, the even stupier little carrier in the crate, that stupid litter box (which she used), the idiot driver...well she had lots to say.

Got in just in time for TFS. Good. Once she'd been shot and finished eating (a little less than usual), she was set free from the bathroom and went straight under the king size bed. Forty minutes later, after lots of sweet talk, out she came. Explored the room, crawled in my lap. Stayed in explorer mode 'til +2 test time. Jumped on the bed, chairs, table by window.

Then some guy in a compensatory mood, gunned his truck's noisy engine right outside our room sending Polly back under the bed where she is currently out for the count. Putting my money on Little Miss Courage joining me on the bed sometime during the overnight.

I'm fine with her higher numbers. She's been hanging out with a pretty stressed bean for the last few weeks! And this has been a tough day for the little adventurer.

Thanks everyone.

I'm beat. Maybe I'll crawl under the bed, too.

Hey, hey. she just came out from under and jumped up on top. Rubbing for scritches now. I am sooooo proud of her.
    Marilyn and Polly

11. julie & punkin (ga)

julie & punkin (ga) Well-Known Member

Re: 9/6 Polly AMPS 169+2=235+8.5=244 PMPS 258+2=225

you must be so glad to be settled in for the night! the first night we stayed at a place in the middle of nowhere, wyoming. I think it was Evanston. Got a motel 6, i think, that had a pet-friendly room. which meant it had bare floors, although they also had a fridge for the insulin, which i appreciated.

my outstanding experience there was my sadness at the kitty that was caught in a trap under the motel stairs. apparently there was a feral colony near the motel (kinda a popular truck-stop type place) and someone was trapping them. it was cold and i was feeling for the poor kitty huddled in the trap. :sad:

i'm glad polly is snuggling in with you. I can picture her talking in the car and complaining about everything! :lol:

sleep tight!

12. Marje and Gracie

Marje and Gracie Senior Member Moderator

Re: 9/6 Polly AMPS 169+2=235+8.5=244 PMPS 258+2=225

Glad you are safe and sound for tonight and Miss Polly Doodle did well. What a great mom you are, Marilyn.

Sending many prayers for a super successful treatment.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.