9/7 Polly Day 2. AMPS 215+7=121 PMPS 182+2=130+4=101+5=100

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Marilyn and Polly, Sep 7, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Marilyn and Polly

Marilyn and Polly Well-Known Member

Yesterday, on the road

Recap 9/6

169 AMPS
    235 +2
    221 +4.5
    244 +8.5 (at a gas station in Green River UT)
    258 PMPS (shortly after arriving for the night in Grand Jct. Co)
    225 +2
    170 +4
    149 +6.5

I should have gotten a +8 or +9 last night, but this Bean is squashed! I am so looking forward to getting started on the SRT process tomorrow. Appt. at 9:30 for initial evaluation.

Things I've learned so far:

1. If you bring a flashlight to find the girl under the bed, make sure it has working batteries.
    2. Do Not, repeat, Do Not forget your coffee!
    3. Fortiflora is AMAZING.
    4. Don't trust the room refrigerator. Took me a while to discover it wasn't plugged in and then had to move it across the room to a reachable outlet and then had to wait 'til it cooled.
    5. Know your cat. Polly couldn't resist sitting in the window. Even if it meant moving the desk from one side of the room to a spot under the window so she's have a perch! It got her out from under the bed and off into explorer mode.
    6. Get TFS done before people start making morning noises outside the room. Miss Big Eyes doesn't like strange sounds! We were about 15 minutes late with her am shot.
    7. Maybe bring some xanex! It's so hard to stay calm and sweet when that lump of fur is hunkered way in the middle under a king size bed and you're moving beyond shot time! Repeat: Fortiflora is AMAZING.

I will probably learn much more when I start loading the car!

Polly's being a champ. I mean, look:

[​IMG]

Last night when it was quiet and she hadn't yet realized how tired she was. This girl loves windows.

Thank you LL for all your support, advice, and encouragement. We wouldn't even know we should be here if it weren't for this amazing place.

Vines and wishes.

Marilyn and Polly

2. MollynSkooter

MollynSkooter Well-Known Member

Re: 9/7 Polly SRT adventure, Day 2. AMPS 215 pic

She looks beautiful.....

Ahhhhhhhh the things you learn on road trips!

I will be sending prayers to you tomorrow during your appointment time!

Hopefully you can get some rest....

3. julie & punkin (ga)

julie & punkin (ga) Well-Known Member

:lol: love your list! and fortiflora IS amazing!

wonderful picture of her - she's such a gorgeous girl. i love hearing stories of her blossoming and coming out of her shell.

hehe i took ambien with us to be able to sleep with punkin and anya both in the room. anya especially is a night-time pest and wants attention all the time.

tonight you'll be settled in Ft. Collins and things will begin to have a routine.

safe travels today!

4. Anne & Zener GA

Anne & Zener GA Well-Known Member

What a brave Polly! Windows and fortiflora, fantastic!

And sending heaps of big-time hugs to Polly's beloved bean.

Anne

Attached Files:

5. Tricia Cinco(GA) & Harvey

Tricia Cinco(GA) & Harvey Well-Known Member

Wow, Marilyn!

You are, indeed, one fantastic bean! I'm just fascinated by your adventure. Polly is definitely a trooper.

Sasha will be at her chemo evaluation appointment at the same time as Polly's appointment, so I hope they connect for some mutually good vines.

Sending safe travel vines for you and your little talker!

6. Amy&TrixieCat

Amy&TrixieCat Well-Known Member

What a very exciting and educational adventures so far. And I love love LOVE Polly's picture - how sweet! Conitued prayers for safe travels!!

7. Jen&Eddie

Jen&Eddie Well-Known Member

I love your list, and it seems all is going very well so far! Polly's being such a brave girl! I think all of LL is riding along with you and Polly. :D Vines for continued safe and calm travels.

8. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Wow on the refrigerator. I wouldn't have thought about it. I love the picture. Sending more safe travel prayers.

9. mariko

mariko Well-Known Member

Hi Marilyn,
    I love the picture of Polly.
    She is such a beautiful brave girl!

Sending many prayers for your adventure.

10. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

What a great report on your adventure. Kudos to Polly -- she's such a good girl.

11. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Polly, we acro girls is tough kitties - you go girl! ~Neko

Love your list. We got hijacked by the unplugged fridge in our first hotel night too. :roll: It's not on your list yet, but beware of head boards. Neko and I stayed in a different hotel on Fort Collins, but both us and Tracy/Leo discovered there is room behind a head board for a cat to hide, but it's too heavy to move to get at said cat. It's a great place to stuff those extra pillows at night.

It's great to hear that pretty Polly is being such a brave and good girl. That cat on the bed is such a comfort at night.

12. Anne & Zener GA

Anne & Zener GA Well-Known Member

I tell ya, folks here know ALL the tricks! :lol: :lol: Paws crossed for a very successful week. Thinking of you and Polly.
    Liz

13. julie & punkin (ga)

Re: 9/7 Polly SRT Day 2. AMPS 215+4=144+7=121 PMPS 182+2=13

oh yeah. i forgot about the headboard - punkin found that spot too. "i don't wanna go to the vet!" fortunately, we could always count on the offer of food to draw him out. then we blocked off that spot with pillows too.

are you in Ft Collins and settled yet?

14. Marilyn and Polly

Marilyn and Polly Well-Known Member

Thanks everyone. We're still learning things! Most importantly, a chatty catty is more reassuring than a mute mew. Maybe she was tired (lord knows I am!), maybe she just got used to riding in the car, maybe she realized the constant complaints weren't working so why bother. But today, a very quiet little girl.

Every now and then I'd just do a wheel jiggle to get some sound out of her. Sorta scarey that she was so quiet. And I-70 heading east into Denver is not the place to take a back seat peek!

Julie, I have a cat on insulin. I'm up every couple of hours many nights. I claim Polly as my sleep aid. She sure does make me tired!

hahahahahahahahahaha, Anne and Zener. But how do I clean spewed coffee off my computer screen. Huh?

Oh, Tricia. Our pretty girls are evaluation buddies tomorrow. For sure we'll be sending lots of vines and light for Sasha. Now that little girl is a trooper. Quite an inspiration.

Wendy. You're right about the hotel headboards issue. Heard once about a platform bed that had to be disassembled to retrieve a stubborn cat. First thing I did before Polly came out of her crate here in Fort Collins...check crevices, stuff pillows. Then I took a bath towel and draped it over the nightstand so the bottom shelf could be her "safe" place. If you don't give 'em a place to hide, theyll find one on their own and then....trouble!

Neko, we're kind of a sisterhood. Maybe we could get pretty collars with a nice big red "A" on 'em. Oh, wait a minute. That's been done. Darn that Nathaniel Hawthorne; he takes all the good ideas.

And thanks Molly, Amy, Sienne, Carla, Jen, and Mariko. Your support and good wishes make this so much easier. I suspect Polly feels your thoughts and is responding.

You know, I didn't take this trip alone. I've got LL with me! Feels good.

Marilyn and Polly

15. julie & punkin (ga)

we're all across north america, sitting in front of our computer screens, sending good wishes to you and miss polly! you're definitely not alone. :YMHUG:

16. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Re: 9/7 Polly Day 2. AMPS 215+7=121 PMPS 182+2=130+4=101+5=

Beautiful surf - I hope you get some rest tonight Marilyn. :YMHUG: I'll be thinking of you tomorrow and sending many good SRT prep vines.

Even though you are doing 1/2 dose tomorrow morning, anesthesia can lower blood glucose. Just something to tuck in your back pocket when thinking about dosing tomorrow night.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.