Karre's Caturday Condo (6/10/12) - Magpie Home From Dental

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Jane & Jack & Karre the Emperor, Oct 6, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jane & Jack & Karre the Emperor

Jane & Jack & Karre the Emperor Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Can you believe it's Caturday again already? I certainly can't. I've not the faintest idea where this week went - I have a feeling it snuck off and had itself a good time on the beach when I wasn't looking, leaving behind a big old annoying frustrating mess :lol: Ah well. Hopefully, you guys had a better week than I had :smile: At least now it's almost over! Happy Caturday, everybody! I hope you all get to have a good weekend with some time to relax and recharge.

Last week's Caturday Condo, or "KCC" as Carl named Karre's condo(s) - Thanks, Carl! I love that! - included some links about the way things work here in LL, and I thought I start today's KCC by re-posting some of those just in case. Here they are:

--- Dr. Pierson's NEW Food Charts 2012, which include the ever-present issue of carbs percentages along with a great deal of other valuable information. Thank you so much, Dr. Pierson, for all the trouble you took to obtain all this great information and putting it all together!
    --- Lantus/Levemir Master Spreadsheet, for when you want to look at several spreadsheets at once, or just get a good idea of who's (who) around here. Thank you so much for keeping track of this, Kathy! I use this almost every day during "LL Rounds" :D And of course during KCC-Prep!
    --- Tech Forum Starter Tips and FAQ, another one well worth bookmarking especially for newbies, which has great information on how best to set up here (SS, profile) and how to make the best of the FDMB experience :smile:
    --- Creating your FDMB Profile, for anyone who hasn't yet set up their profile. Profiles are an invaluable resource for anyone here giving input on a thread, because it makes it so much easier to see "the big picture" for a specific kitty/bean. Please consider setting one up if you haven't yet!
    --- Making the most of your LL TR Experience, which wasn't in last week's KCC, but which - along with a few other crucial threads, Jill/Alex too the time to find and bump up this Caturday. Please read them and consider them carefully! Thank you so much, Jill!

Next up, some LL Highlights Condos:
    --- Wendy/Bailey's 29th September Condo, in which Wendy caught a surprise BG in the 30s by a stroke of good luck, demonstrating to all of us (with Bailey's dramatic help!) the importance of getting spot checks! The next day, she asked about hypoglycemia in her 30th September Condo and some interestings points were made about its effects.
    --- Melissa/Tarragon's 4th October Anal-Gland Rupture Scare - we are continue to send you vines and hope beautiful Tarragon will very soon be back to his usual self! Also, vines continue for your friend who is battling cancer, Melissa. Hugs all round.
    --- Christine/KR's 5th October Condo, which is a great example of why it's important to be vigilant even when on a very low starting dose of 0.5u and why it's great to keep posting here, where you'll get support while you're going through a new, unfamiliar, scary situation. Great job, Christine, and everyone who helped! Welcome to LL, Christine and Kitty Rabbit!
    --- Nancy/Pepper's 5th October Condo, which contains great info especially for newbies on dealing with vets and what to look for and ask about. Welcome to LL, Nancy and Pepper!
    --- Rhiannon's 2nd October Condo, when her DD's tummy trouble became emergent. Rhiannon, we're all so glad your daughter is recovering - thanks for keeping us all in the loop. Everyone, you can read your way back through Rhiannon's updates starting in her condo from today.
    --- Tracy/Leo's 5th October Condo, which was wonderful to see after those days of absence, and congratulations on the very very sleek dose of only 5u now! Wonderful progress!

And of course, the LL Overview:
    Cindy/Benjamin are doing a lovely job and are being rewarded with *only* pretty greens and blues for a couple of weeks now - great work, Cindy, and how wonderful of you to take Benjamin in! Lisa/Do Lou celebrated Lisa & DH's 34th wedding anniversary - Congratulations to you both, and I hope you had a lovely celebration! Barb/Checkers recently earned the very special Gold Poo Award for Checker's brave LB efforts - keep those prezzies coming, Checks! :mrgreen: Donna/Doogle have had some more bouncy days - hopefully the recent increase to 2.5u will help encourage Doogle to spend *more* time in those pretty numbers, so that he can soon be more used to them and so that his liver can graduate from LTS! John/Purrface's second week on Lantus is drawing to a close - welcome to LL, you guys, and great job so far! Sonia/Katmandu have started their OTJ Trial - we're all cheering you on and can't wait to party with you! Lisa/Leo have had some more adventurous cycles, what with the travelling and the depot-draining and the bounces Leo threw in just for good measure - Hang in there, you guys, and thanks for the adorable video of Leo chasing his own tail during that run of purrty purrty greeeens! Melanie/Racci were given a great vet report after Racci's senior blood work panel, and are looking at starting Adequan shots - good luck with those shots once you start them, ladies! Ann/Tess had some green excitement in the past couple of days - great catch on that dip into the 40s, Ann, and it sure looks like that extra drop kicked in! Cindy/Tip are up to 6.5u and still seeing mostly pinks and yellows, so Tip will be getting tested for acromegaly and IAA soon - all available fingers and toes and paws crossed for you both, Cindy! Dyana/J.D. have postponed the plans for J.D.'s dental for a few months to make sure the travel and overnight stay arrangements can be worked out and Dyana can be around to care for poor J.D. while he recovers from what will likely be a couple fo extractions - good thought, Dyana, and be sure to let us know when it's dental time so we can all send you lots of vines! Kathie/Zeus are trying their luck with a new dose increase - fingers crossed for you guys, and let's hope you don't have to worry about things like insulin resistance, and that instead, Zeus will soon show some great progress! Carla/Furball are thinking about another increase too, although they had a lovely blue AMPS just yesterday - good luck with what6ever you decide, Carla, and let us know if there's any help/feedback we can give you to help you! Teresa/Poopy are trying their luck with the 2.5u dose - vines coming your way that this will be a good dose and you'll soon see some prettier numbers! Marje/Gracie will be posting via DH Mike, because Marje has had to take a trip to Texas to help out her mum - we're all sending vines to you and you DM, Marje, and thank you, Mike, for doing a wonderful job posting and filling in! Jill/Charlie have taken an increase, and we hope it helps Charlie into better numbers. Anne/Liz/Zener are possibly looking at getting a new vial of Lantus or going for a dosecrease - let us know what you decide! Wendy/Neko have had some fabulous numbers and even though, yes, the bouncing does keep coming up, Neko is getting very adept at clearing those bounces - have fun shopping for your Thanksgiving Dinner on Sunday, Wendy! Roni/Moonie: Happy Birthday to Roni's DH, who celebrated yesterday - all the very best to you! Shai/Fitzel are having to find a new vet to see the Pirate and help her with what seems to be making her feel under par - many, many vines are coming your way! Alexa/Reuben have been having some beautiful numbers, and we hope Reuben's appy problems will not return/persist and that he will keep on mkaing amazing progress! Jo/Scratchie are going for an increase - good luck, you guys, and hopefully it will help bring on some better BGs! Greg/Karen/FurBall are having purrrrrfect numbers on their teeny tiny dose - this is looking incredibly promising, you guys! Courtney/Kismet are still M.I.A. - we hope you'll come back and update us on how you guys are doing! Leslie/Jasper checked in from the Falls - thanks for popping by, Leslie, and great photos from your diving trip!

As always, I realize I haven't named every single LL peep, and I may well have missed important events/developments, and I wish I could include everyone every week. But if you look at the Master SS for Lantus/Lev kitties, you'll see why that's just not really feasible. You are invited, as always, to post here with an update, a WCR, a WBR, anything you like - if I've missed you this week, I would love to hear from you that way! I try to keep an eye on things daily, but I know I miss things. I hope you all enoy this KCC, even if it can't hit every high note!

And from our African Pride, many sunny greetings to you all! We've had some very fine weather as we move into spring down here in Hout Bay, and especially the boys are showing the vim and vigour that comes with the new season. As you'll see from the photos, they are playing and playing and playing, and delighting us beans in the process. Few things are more uplifiting that watching a creature being utterly oblivious to prying eyes, wholly engrossed in their momentary, somewhat whimsical pursuits, completely happy playing with a companion in a spot of sunshine, unaware of the sublime grace their every move contains. They are just so beautiful... Queen Magpie left me a surprise this morning, too - as I was waiting for the coffee to be ready, I went to wash my hand in the guest bathroom, and suddenly felt something soft and silky scuttle past my toes... She had caught a mole and left it in there, presumably to play more with it later :lol: Scooping the little fellow up was tricky - they do move so much faster than one thinks! But, even so, he was soon released outside away from the watchful eyes of our cats. His Majesty Karre the Emperor is doing wonderfully, and just passed his 2-Month-OTJ-Anniversary :mrgreen: He has recovered fully from his dental. Next week, it's Maggie's turn.

And now it's picture time again :smile: Henry and Luca have generously agreed to have one of their play sessions published in this way :D I also included Magpie's "Little Red Riding Hood" impression, as well as some baby pictures of Karre and his darling (GA) brother, Lucci. Everyone sends their regards, along with beans Jane and Jack!
    Hugs,
    Jane

[​IMG]
    Little Red Riding Hood...

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Play Time...

[​IMG]
    Just couldn't stay wake to get all the way into the bed...

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    Arboreal antics, and a Feline-Garden-Gnome impression...

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Loving brothers. We miss you, Lucci.

2. GregFurBall

GregFurBall Well-Known Member

Re: Karre's Caturday Condo (6/10/12)

Great caturday to you as well Jane.
    Loved the pictures and I just realized how much Karre looks like my Baxter (GA).

I, too, have wondered where Courtney/Kismet have been. PMd but no response as of yet. Hope all is well with them.

Fur Ball is in a playful mood again. He really seems to enjoy his low numbers. He's been 'flirting' with the 40s so we'll see how today goes. :smile:

Karen

3. Lisa & Leo

Lisa & Leo Well-Known Member

Well said, Jane, well said. No artifice, just pure engagement. Leo had a bit of engagement this morning, as an orange stray we've seen very occasionally actually walked up the back steps and stared at Leo through the screen. It was a tail-whacking experience and Leo let out a nice looooooong warning growl. :D Now he knows how Molly felt when he was on the other side of the screen door! But now both of them are crashed out in sun beams (but of course in different rooms!)

Lovely pictures, especially the kittens - adorable.

Have a lovely Caturday, African Tribe!

Lisa & Leo

4. Sonia & Tom (GA)

Sonia & Tom (GA) Well-Known Member

Love the Caturday condo!
    Your pics are beautiful as always. Especially love the action play time shots!

5. tortie58

tortie58 Well-Known Member

Thankyou for the great wrap up! Reading the KCC is like going through a weekly LL news, Thankyou Janie Jane!
    Congrats on the 2nd month OTJ anniversary for Emperor Karre! Glad that his dental went smooth. Good luck on the coming one for Magpie.

6. Ann & Maggie11 (GA)

Ann & Maggie11 (GA) Well-Known Member

Morning Jane, great condo and I can see how much I have missed this week, even though I feel like I am on the computer so much. Thanks on the links, too. It is great how you are able to catch everything. I love the pics of your family, and especially the one of Magpie with "her little Red Riding Hood," so sweet. I was reading Magpie's story last week and meant to comment that it reminds me of my Maggie's beginnings, a little different, but both of our girls are survivors. I think I told you Maggie had a rough start living in a ravine with other Ferals. She was lucky to survive as a kitten with the kindness of Tenants in a huge apartment complex feeding her, eventually findng her way to my apartment and adopting me. I am the lucky one. :D Have a wonderful weekend.

7. Teresa and Poopy

Teresa and Poopy Well-Known Member

(After cleaning off the monitor from spewing coffee all over it)

I LOVE the Feline-Garden-Gnome impression! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Stop!
    Can't
    Breathe!

Whew! Gasp! Anyways....

As always, a wonderful Caturday Condo! And thanks for mentioning the Poopmeister and me. Yeah, we're hoping something gives soon with the dosecrease. :smile:

8. Jane & Jack & Karre the Emperor

--- Karen, thanks for stopping by :smile: I'm so pleased Fur Ball is playful! His progress is just amazing! I can't wait to see how things develop!

--- Lisa, thank you so much - it *does* seem to be so much about being totally engaged in what one is doing, doesn't it! Good thing Leo is asserting himself!

--- Sonia, it's great to see you in here, and congrats on almost a full week of your OTJ trial! I'm so excited for you!!

--- Helen, thank you again for being here, I love that you always take the time to stop in! Rosy seems quite a complicated kitty, doesn't she, wanting things done *just so* for her! You are such a terrific bean for her!

--- Ann, thank you for your kind words. Yes, I think our two Maggies share a few things, a troubled history, a rough start in life... I know what you mean when you write you feel like the lucky one... Magpie saved my life. After my father died, I was so lost. She saved me. I eally don't know where I would be, if she had not come into my life. I am so grateful for every moment I get to have with her. I'm so happy your own Maggie has been lucky, too, and has found her way to you, the purrrrfect loving bean!

--- Teresa :lol: I'm glad I made you laugh! Fingers are crossed for you!!

Hugs
    Jane

9. Jane & Jack & Karre the Emperor

Yikes, pouring rain and Maggie just brought in a frog...

And past midnight too :lol: Oh well!

10. Leslie and Jasper

Leslie and Jasper Well-Known Member

Jane, Thanks for posting another great Caturday condo, and sharing your wonderful pictures! Your Magpie looks similar to our Pixie, except Pixie will not allow anything to cover her, silly cat! :D
    Leslie

11. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Congratulations on Karre's 2 month OTJ anniversary! I'm glad to hear your African Pride is doing well. Sending good dental vines for Magpie's dental on Wednesday.

12. Jane & Jack & Karre the Emperor

--- Leslie, great to see you! I loved the photos you posted!

--- Carla, thanks so much for the dental vines for Magpie! I'm sure they will help :smile: I will post how all that goes in here, to keep you all in the loop.

Coffee time!
    Hugs
    Jane

13. rhiannon and shadow (GA)

rhiannon and shadow (GA) Well-Known Member

ooh. lots of reading to come back to tomorrow... I have....
    (yodaspeak)
    But I saw the kitty garden gnome and loved that pic.... :D

14. Jane & Jack & Karre the Emperor

Yodaspeak :lol: I'd so love to see some more pics of Shadow, too! The ones you posted of your dogs were just darling.

15. Jane & Jack & Karre the Emperor

Re: Karre's Caturday Condo (6/10/12) - More Photos

Some more photos from this lovely Sunday...

First, an early morning visitor...
    [​IMG]

And our little family of fishies were also waking up...
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

I spotted this new baby violet as I walked back towards the house from the pond (where I visited the fishies). I love how it grows out between the stones, undeterred and beautiful.
    [​IMG]

Blue flowers for Linda and Bear Man - I will be thinking of you both tomorrow.
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

And some silliness to chase away the sadness... We can always count on Luca, the Little Prince, for that!
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Hugs,
    Jane

16. knolet

knolet Well-Known Member

Wow, this is great, thanks for the update. What a fun little recap of the week... And a lot of work for you, thanks for doing this. I loved the pictures... Little Luca's silliness cracked me up, my Zeus likes to do that too :smile:

17. Linda and Bear Man

Linda and Bear Man Well-Known Member

Thank you for the blue flowers, and for keeping me in your thoughts, Larissa, as I remember the two year anniversary of Bear Man's passing tomorrow, as well as remembering Teddy who joined him in October of last year. I am so thankful that you were able to meet them when you visited. I am grateful that Bear Man's journey led me to meeting so many friends here on FDMB.

I love lurking in your weekly condo, and enjoying your photos. This week I especially loved the Karre and Lucci "Loving Brothers" photos.

Attached Files:

18. Dyana

Dyana Well-Known Member

Here's another blue flower for you, Linda and Bear Man and Teddy too.
    [​IMG]
    I'll be thinking about you tomorrow. Many (((hugs))) coming from us.

19. donnahc

donnahc Well-Known Member

Hi Jane:
    Beautiful recap and pics as always :D

All is well here at the Dutch Ghetto. We just raised Asher’s dose last night so we will see where this takes us.

Fall is upon us here in PA. Here are some field flowers from our walk yesterday and one lonely moth.

Have a great week everyone!

Attached Files:

• sm1.jpg
      sm1.jpg
      File size:
      635.4 KB
      Views:
  20. Jane & Jack & Karre the Emperor

--- Kathie, thanks for visiting :smile: Let's have some pictures of Zeus's special silliness, please!!

--- Linda... (((Linda))) I have read through Diahann's Tribute to Bear Man and your own Tribute Condo so often. I am so sorry you are facing these dark anniversaries, tomorrow for Bear Man and on the 18th for Teddy. And Miss Emily's, in May. I am so honoured and grateful to have met your family, especially your feline family. I will have a candle burning for you and Bear Man tomorrow. So many vines, and tears. (Thank you for coming here to Karre's condo, and for lurking and posting when you can.)

--- Dyana, what a stunning image! Thank you for that. (((Dyana)))

--- Donna, great to see you here! Good luck with Asher's new dose!

Hugs,
    Jane

21. Jane & Jack & Karre the Emperor

I found another kitten picture of Karre and Lucci.

[​IMG]

22. Michelle and Mannie (GA)

Michelle and Mannie (GA) Well-Known Member

Hi Jane! I so love your caturday condo. Always fun to read. The pics are fabulous - i so enjoy viewing them.

have an awesome week!

23. Jane & Jack & Karre the Emperor

Thanks, (((Michelle)))

24. Anne & Zener GA

Anne & Zener GA Well-Known Member

I love the Saturday condo! Much better than the small town weekly newspaper where my grandparents lived. Every week, the local weekly would report who had cars in the shop, who had been arrested or gotten a ticket from the sheriff, what was on special at the local supermarket and my favorite, what out of town guests had been to visit the locals and what they had for dinner! Here's the latest on our dosing question - yesterday, the big guy had some low greens. :mrgreen: This dose is working pretty good, we are getting some greens and much flatter cycles in between, so we are staying the course for now with the same vial and same dose. Thanks for checking up on us!

25. Deborah & Shasta

Deborah & Shasta Well-Known Member

Seeing as how I've been a little absent lately, Karre's Caturday Condo is fabulous! I've been catching up on all of the kitty news and losing myself in all of the links!!!! Thank you, Jane & Karre! Shasta sends her love and she asked me to post a few pictures to say thanks!

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Shasta & her Harry Potter mouse
    (notice the stitching down the face!)

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    Just so everyone knows, I am not known for having a green thumb, but I am so proud of keeping my hydrangeas & orchids alive for 1+ year!! dancing_cat

26. Alexa and Reuben

Alexa and Reuben Well-Known Member

Oh Jane, what a beautiful condo (as alllways :) it just totally made my day!! All the lovely photos and stories of darling kitties and peeks into LL goings on... thank you for your enormous effort every week!! :YMHUG: And of course, for everything you do for Reuben and me all the time :)

27. Jane & Jack & Karre the Emperor

Re: Karre's Caturday Condo (6/10/12) - Missing Linda's Bear

Bear Man's (and Linda's) Candle.

My heart aches for you today, Linda.
    We miss Bear Man. I am so grateful I got to meet him.
    Fly free, Bear Man.

Hugs.
    Jane

28. Jane & Jack & Karre the Emperor

--- Anne, thanks for the dose update on Zener! I'm so pleased he's getting those pretty greens and doing so well. And thanks for the compliment on the KCC - I'm very happy that you enjoy these!

--- Deborah, your photos are lovely, thank you so much for sharing them! I love the Harry Potter mouse :smile: Please thank Shasta for urging you to post photos. And thank you for the KCC-enthusiasm!

--- Alexa, I'm so pleased this made your day! You're welcome, it's my pleasure to be able to help you and everyone else. This place is amazing.

***********************************************************************************************************************************************************************

My heart goes out to Linda and Bear Man today.
    Bear Man's Last Oldtimer Condo
    Diahann's Tribute to Bear Man
    Bear Man's (and Linda's) Candle
    Hugs and tears, (((Linda))).
    Jane

29. Jane & Jack & Karre the Emperor

30. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

There are, sadly, many here who have not had the opportunity to know Bear Man or Linda. In Linda's last condo for Bear I said she embodies the spirit of Lantus Land -- it's all about the cats. She is my hero. For me, Bear Man is/was an incredibly special cat -- beautiful in appearance and personality. Linda has a photo of him at an open window surrounded by flowers enjoying the summer breeze. It is a perfect picture. Bear Man was blind and cared for not only by Linda but by his littermate, Teddy. Bear Man struggled through an assortment of medical issues and Linda cared for him when many would have given up on this remarkable cat.

To Bear Man -- you are missed and never forgotten.

31. Jane & Jack & Karre the Emperor

Thank you, Sienne.

32. Linda and Bear Man

Thank you so much, Jane, Dyana, and Sienne. This means a lot to me.

33. Alexa and Reuben

:YMHUG: :YMHUG: :YMHUG:​
    :YMHUG: (((Linda and Bear Man)) :YMHUG:​

:YMHUG: :YMHUG: :YMHUG:​

34. Dyana

Dyana Well-Known Member

Tears after reading Sienne's post ..

Jane, thank you for helping me to post the link to our candle.

Linda,
    [​IMG]

35. MJ+Donovan

MJ+Donovan Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

36. rhiannon and shadow (GA)

That must be the picture mentioned of Linda's Bear Man.
    He's beautiful. Then and always!!
    I haven't known their story but I always know the story of losing great loves.
    My heart is with you, Linda. I have one I've carried for 32 years , the love is there... truly forever....
    [​IMG]

37. Jane & Jack & Karre the Emperor

Re: Karre's Caturday Condo (6/10/12) - Catnip Patch Pictures

Thank all of you so much for the kind words and thoughts for Linda and Bear Man yesterday.

I think the beautiful Bear Man came to visit our garden yesterday... We planted a catnip patch a week ago, and though there has been moderate interest, yesterday - all day, all four of our cats were there (though Henry eluded my photograohic efforts.) Munching, lounging, sleeping, purring... It was remarkable. I took some photos, of course - here they are:

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

And then, later on, they came in, and were so serene. (Well, except Luca - he wanted to stay in the box that was intended for Linda's parcel, that I sent off yesterday. It was as though he was saying, "Sure, your gift is lovely, but imagine how happy she'll be if I go visit my Auntie Linda! Pleeeeease!?" Eventually, I got him to relinquish the box :smile:)

[​IMG] [​IMG]

My heart goes out to Kathy today. Fly free, Cleo. Safe journey. And come visit the catnip patch some time...
    Hugs
    Jane

38. Jane & Jack & Karre the Emperor

Re: Karre's Caturday Condo (6/10/12) - Catnip Patch Pictures

Damn. Another "high" BG for Karre today - 9.3/167... :cry: Yes, yes, he came down with food. 3 hours later he was at 6.6/119. Yes, he always comes back down, for the friggin pancreas is working. Just not bloody well enough. Overall, he's settled into free-feeding every few hours so well. I suspect he goes higher on the days where he sometimes waits 5 or 6 hours between meals. We're trying to encourage him to eat every 3-4, but even with hand-feedings, he's not keen on not being allowed to decide himself when to eat... His teeth are perfect. His thyroid is perfect. No pain (excepting a touch of arthritis, but it hardly ever seems to bother him, it seems mostly only to influence his mobility a bit). No stressors. No other diseases (that we know of). Vet is sure he's in excellent health. All 5 Ps present all the time.

This is frustrating. grr_red

Ok. Rant over.
    Jane

39. Jane & Jack & Karre the Emperor

Re: Karre's Caturday Condo (6/10/12) - Magpie Dental Tomorro

Vet just called confirming Maggie's dental tomorrow.
    I so won't be able to sleep tonight. :shock:

Vines appreciated.
    Jane

40. Alexa and Reuben

((Jane)) Huggggs Jane, for your worry about Magpie's dental, and Karre's bg :YMHUG: I send bg vines to Karre, dental visit vines to Magpie and mommy bean anti-worrying vines :razz: I hope all this is behind you soon :D

And I loved the catnip patch story and photos... so much love here for the kitties and beans :YMHUG:

41. Jane & Jack & Karre the Emperor

(((Alexa))) Thanks so much! I really need those calming vines... I worry like crazy about her.
    You're so sweet.

Hugs!
    Jane

42. carfurby (GA)

Jane, I'm praying for peace of mind for you over Maggie's dental tomorrow and Karre's BG. Sending Maggie good dental vines.

43. Ann & Maggie11 (GA)

Jane, sending positive thoughts and vines for a good dental for Magpie. I know what a worry it is when they undergo anesthesia. Sending calming vines for you.

44. Leslie and Jasper

Jane, Sending you hugs :YMHUG: and more calming vines for Magpie's dental. Paws crossed all goes well.

45. Chris & Tucker

Chris & Tucker Member

Hi Jane. I know you're always worried about Kerre's BG levels. I worry about Tucker too.....ALWAYS !
    Could Karre be eating some contraband somewhere?
    Tucker has his occasional higher number. I think that's normal. Also, there is a variance with the meters.... as much as 40-50 points. I try not to worry about those 1 or 2 numbers. I am feeding Tucker strictly FF, and only a few varieties, so as not to cause any trouble.
    LOVE the pictures! I'm a plant fanatic and always try new plants in my garden and greenhouse. I especially love unusual wildflowers, like orchids indiginous to West Virginia. Thanks for sharing the pics!
    Best of luck with all the kitties!

46. tortie58

Sending good dental vines to Magpie!
    Relax Jane, our kitties can pick up our emotion & stress. Just imagine when we were kids, came home & found mummy tensed or not in a good mood, we'd be worried too! I am sure Magpie will be fine!
    Karre? The Emperor wants more attention! :lol:

47. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Sending lots of good dental vines to Magpie and calming vines to you Jane. Magpie will come out fine like the champion she is. Thanks so much for all you do for us Jane, including those nice picture distractions. Our thoughts are with you and Magpie.

48. Jane & Jack & Karre the Emperor

Carla, Ann, Leslie, Chris, Helen, and Wendy, thank you all very much for the vines and prayers and kind words.

Magpie is at the vet. I have a fever and am throwing up. This always happens when she has to go in. I know how terrified she is. Rather like Shai's Pirate. I just need her home, then it will be okay.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I will check into LL when she is home. I wouldn't be any use before then.
    Jane

49. tortie58

Re: Karre's Caturday Condo (6/10/12) - Magpie Dental Today..

Take your well deserved rest Jane. I know you won't be able to sleep, just relax with listening to your favorite music will ease the tension. I am sure Magpie will be fine. Btw, her pic is beautiful! My cat JoeJoe a turtleshell also has the white line down her nose, so cute!

50. Dyana

Dyana Well-Known Member

Sending good dental vines to Magpie, today.
    Hope you feel better real soon, Jane.

51. carfurby (GA)

Praying all goes well with Magpie's dental today. I hope you feel better once she gets home.

52. Jane & Jack & Karre the Emperor

Thank you Helen, Dyana, and Carla. They told us this morning we can pick her up at 4pm. That's in 2 hours. My nausea is gone though I still have a temperature. Thank you all very much for the support. I hope she will have been fine. I will update when she is home.

Thanks so much. Hugs.
    Jane

53. Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA)

Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA) Well-Known Member

Hi Jane,
    We are sending our best "good-dental vines" for Magpie today. She will be fine, and you will, too, as soon as she gets home.

Thank you for this beautiful KCC. I love the pictures of your crew, and all of the pictures that others have posted this week. The tributes to Bear Man are especially moving. We observed Bear's anniversary by lighting Stu's candle (which MJ made for us). (Bear and Stu passed to the Bridge just 2 weeks apart and I like to think of them sitting up there at the bar, having a niptini and sharing a tasty dish.)

Memo to the Emperor: your mamabean wants to see better numbers at AMPS. You can do it!

Have a good week. Scritches to Karre and his Court.

Hugs to you all,

Ella & Rusty

54. rhiannon and shadow (GA)

I think it's almost time for you to get to pick up Magpie.
    That ought to make the day 100% better than the last few hours.
    Anxiety is so hard on us. Hope you feel better. You won't have to pace much longer.
    Hope Magpie has a good report and heals quickly from her tramatic surgery and awful vet containment.
    :YMHUG:

And Karre, stop giving your mamabean more anxiety. You made it to the falls twice. It's a keeper this time. cat_pet_icon

55. Jane & Jack & Karre the Emperor

Re: Karre's Caturday Condo (6/10/12) - Magpie Home From Dent

Maggie is HOME!

Thank you all for your support, prayers, vines and kind words! She did beautifully. NO extractions!! :D I'm so thrilled about that in particular. There are several vets working at the practice we go to, and a previous one who saw Magpie (and was a total jerk) said that she recommends we put her back on dry food because her teeth look bad and she thought that dry food would help clear that up... I told her that we feed wet/canned and home-made raw food only, which is what cats as OBLIGATE CRANOVORES are *supposed* to eat, and I had the data and articles to prove it... She said "I'm the one who went to vet school." We never let her near any of our cats again.

Guess this dental shows how much, much better actual MEAT is for cats and their toofuses! I'm so, so happy!

Magpie is still a little drowsy, but she already jumped up onto the kitchen island to demand ostrich meat cubes. Now, she's resting on a deck chair in the last of the afternoon sunshine. I'm so happy I could cry :smile: No antibiotics given due to no extractions, pain meds given. (We had them put NO METACAM on all of our cats' charts.) She is eating fine. Not yet purring but I'm sure she will soon.

Thank you all again for all the posts in support of me and DH and Maggie, we all appreciate it so very much!
    Hugs
    Jane

56. carfurby (GA)

I'm so glad Magpie's dental went well and there were no extractions. How are you feeling now?

57. Leslie and Jasper

Jane, Glad Magpie's dental went well, that is great news about no extractions! :D Now that she is home I hope you are feeling much better too. Enjoy the rest of your day!
    Leslie

58. MelanieAndRacci

MelanieAndRacci Well-Known Member

YAAAAAY!!!!! Yay for Magpie!

I'm so happy that everything went so well for Magpie's dental! No extractions & successful anesthesia! Phew!!! I know exactly how you felt getting sick. That's what happens to me when Racci needs anesthesia. To me that is the absolute scariest thing about any procedure!

I guess you showed that 'know nothing' vet also! :razz: I think it's just terrible that the nutrition training dentists get is left up to people who make a profit from it.

Well, now you can relax!

TTYL.

Hugs,
    Melanie & Racci

59. Alexa and Reuben

Oh Jane you poor thing, I am so so glad this is Over and Maggie is home cat_pet_icon -- and her teeth are fine!!! Whew!!! (((Jane&Maggie))) Mega Hugs to you both, and all your crew. I hope you are enjoying a lovely supper and relaxing evening now...

60. Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA)

Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA) Well-Known Member

GREAT NEWS! Hooray for no extractions!!

Ella & Rusty (who has had many extractions and has 5 teeth left, all on the bottom!!)

61. snorton

snorton Member

Thinking of you. Sending good thoughts your way!

62. GregFurBall

GregFurBall Well-Known Member

Great news about Magpie!!!
    I so hope your nerves have calmed down. Hopefully a few more good reports like this will help you settle down when they need checked on. You know how sensitive those furry kids are to our moods. :smile:

Hugs to you. :YMHUG:
    Karen

63. charliesmom

charliesmom Member

Absolutely stunning photos (as always) from paradise. I love the ones wrapped up in the carpet. Those are hysterical. The flowers are gorgeous as well as all those little cute kitty photos.

Thanks also for all those useful links.

Who should I contact to get Charlie's SS added to the master SS? There is a charlie there but it must be a distant cousin from another land. Hee hee. Thanks if you can send them our info or let me know who to contact.

It's almost Saturday again. HALLELUJAH!

64. carfurby (GA)

Jill, you can add Charlie's information to the master SS by using the information in this condo:

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=79617

I will also post this in Charlie's condo.

65. Ann & Maggie11 (GA)

Aww.....so glad Magpie did great on her dental. I had a feeling she would be fine with the care you give her. Now go and relax the rest of the day, Give Magpie some scritches from me and Mags.

66. rhiannon and shadow (GA)

Whew!
    That's good news and I know you are feeling much better now. :YMHUG:

67. Linda and Bear Man

I am sorry to hear that you were feeling ill today, Jane, but I am so pleased to hear that Magpie's dental went well. I hope that you are both on the road to recovery now.

Thanks to Alexa, Dyana, Rhiannon and MJ. Thank you so much Ella and Edward for lighting Stu's candle in memory of Bear Man. I was very touched by all of your posts.

68. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

Great news for Maggie! I'm glad she's home, safe and sound.

69. Lisa & Leo

Lisa & Leo Well-Known Member

Great news about the dental - no extractions - terrific! Molly will have a dental in the next couple months and i think she's getting at least one out. It's so stressful, but now you can relax (and looking at the time, you probably already are right now!) ((hugs))

70. Jane & Jack & Karre the Emperor

--- Carla, thank you so much for all your supportive posts and prayers, they helped so much! I'm feeling fine again :smile:

--- Leslie, yes, I'm feeling much better, thank you! I'm so glad, too, that she needed no extractions - and the vet said her teeth look perfect!

--- Melanie, thanks for coming by KCC :mrgreen: I'm so sorry you also get so sick with worry when Racci has to go under... It just *is* really scary!

--- Alexa, Thank you for all the hugs and the support! You are such a sweetheart - I appreciate it so much!

--- Ella, thanks for the cheer! Wow, 5 teeth left only? Stu must be on tough cookie :smile:

--- Shannan, thanks for visiting and for your kind words :D

--- Karen, thank you, and yes, my nerves did calm down after a few hours of having her back home.

--- Jill, thanks very much, I'm so pleased you love the photos and links! You got a response about the Master SS from Carla already (thanks, Carla!), but let me know if you need anything further on that. Yaaay almost Caturday again! I hear you :mrgreen:

--- Ann, thanks so much for your kind words and all the hugs and scritches! Many hugs to you too!

--- Rhiannon, thanks for the hug and the support :smile:

--- Linda, nice to see you here, and thanks for the post!

--- Sienne, thanks for coming in, and: I couldn't agree more :lol:

--- Lisa, yes, I definitely got to relax once she'd been home a while :smile: And even more, now, because it's TGIFriday at last!

I hope everyone had a great week! I've spent the last two days dealing with wrteched Home Affairs sorting out my visa (for the ones that last three years they make quite a fuss, and they're unspeakably disorganized...it's horrible to have to deal with them on anything), so I've been a bit under the radar - but I'll be back with the new KCC tomorrow and hopefully will have more time again next week.

Hug to you all!
    Jane

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.