10/8 Leo AMPS 225 +1 135 +2 88 +3 92 +5 150 +10.5 477

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Lisa & Leo, Oct 8, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lisa & Leo

Lisa & Leo Well-Known Member

Yesterday's Condo

Yesterday's Summary
    AMPS 386
    +2 348
    +5 145
    +8 206
    PMPS 436
    +5 395
    +10 363

This cat just fell 140 points in the 2 hours preshoot. He's crazy. And to prove it, he's thundering around upstairs at 1000 miles and hour, shaking the walls like a herd of buffalo. One 12 pound cat. He's been getting fussy about the testing although he still comes out every time. We bought the Beefeaters freeze dried chicken but it was eaten begrudgingly. The salmon is soooo much better, but also rarely on the shelves for that very reason I suspect.

This afternoon we're off to mamabean's apartment again. I will give him the Cerenia although dosing will be odd. It is given on an empty stomach 2 hours before travel. He eats at +0, +1 and +3, and I want to leave at +6. I'm not sure what to do. Maybe if I give it earlier than 2 hours so it gets digested in time.

Today we start feeding with INFORMATION! Yesterday I organized lots of food by carb % and will be diligent about what I am feeding when.

Vines to kitties and beans for fuds, poopies, meds, appys and just because.

2. Ann & Maggie11 (GA)

Ann & Maggie11 (GA) Well-Known Member

Re: 10/8 Leo AMPS 225

Hey Leo, my little bro, I am glad you are feeling so good today. Let's see you do a nice surf today. Maggie
    Good luck with the fuds feeding. That pic yesterday sure looks familiar. Have a nice day.

3. Lisa & Leo

Re: 10/8 Leo AMPS 225 +1 135 +2 88

Mags - I'm-a great! I don't want to get into the cage today and spend 4 hours vibrating and poop in my cage, so I'm diving into greens to keep the bean off center and off the road. Let's see how it works! ~Leo

HI Ann - thanks. Sigh. Well, I know what I fed him this morning, and he's tanking. PMPS last night was 436 and he's been on a slide ever since. The syringes I got are curved - bad manufacturing. The top of the black plunger is actually tilted. I've been using them for a couple weeks but I didn't notice until the last couple days, and I'm trying to be consistent and use the lowest part of the tilt (which is the largest dose within the range of error). I don't know if I've been varying all over with these stupid things. But my new "consistency" may have been a small dose increase. Sigh. Thanks for the surf wishes!

4. snorton

snorton Member

Sending good travel vines for later. Nice start to the day.

5. Lisa & Leo

Thanks Shannan - we're getting on the road now. Based on the litterbox content this morning, I think we'll be having an unplanned poopie stop again. Sigh. Poor guy. Vines well appreciated!

6. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Hi Lisa,

Sending mid trip travel vines for you and Leo, as I suspect you are on the road now. I like your description of the heard of buffalo at your place. :lol: Hey Leo - let's try for a poopy free trip and save it for the other end! And eat your fuds, you need to do that with those lovely numbers.

7. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

I hope your trip went well and Leo didn't give you any surprises. I hope he surfed nice for you today.

8. Lisa & Leo

Hi Wendy, Hi Carla,

We're here! Quicker trip this time - 3:45 rather than 4:30. And I thought I was clever this time - three times in the past, he had emergency poopies in the crate about 20-30 minutes into the trip. So I stopped about 20 min into the trip and let him out, put him in the box, drove around in a parking lot, and no dice. He seemed cool. Except 10 minutes later .....whewww Leo! Loose poopies. But now I've optimized how to tape down pee pads to make this a much easier clean-up (well, next time it will be perfect, this time was a mess, but I've learned!).

He surprised me with the greens this morning, and I steered him with 4 12% mini-meals. It seems he needs a bit more carbs if he heads low early in the cycle. So I got him to surf, but hell, I don't expect anything good after a stressful trip like that!

Thanks for thinking of us, and Shannan and Ann too!

We are tired. We shoot in about an hour. :mrgreen:

9. snorton

snorton Member

Hope you and Leo get some rest.

10. Ann & Maggie11 (GA)

Ann & Maggie11 (GA) Well-Known Member

Hi Lisa, which syringes are you using. That's why I count drops rather than mark units on my ss, as there are variances on the lines of the syringes I also use.

Leo, you hangin in there okay; sleep tight and things will be better in the morning, yous sis, Mags

11. rhiannon and shadow (GA)

rhiannon and shadow (GA) Well-Known Member

Wow . what a spike.
    Leo, don't you like liver training school?

Wouldn't it be nice if cats came with a meter just for the stress factor so we knew how much of that was from traveling?
    Scritches for Leo.

12. Alexa and Reuben

Alexa and Reuben Well-Known Member

Hello Road Warriors!! Another successful voyage under your belts, and I hope you are both sleeping peacefully cat_pet_icon

13. Jane & Jack & Karre the Emperor

Jane & Jack & Karre the Emperor Well-Known Member

Reading your posts is a great experience, Lisa - it's impressive to watch a bean learn how to deal with whatever their cat throws at them! You're doing a wonderful job!

Congrats on an almost drama-free trip :smile: Sending calm-cycle vines!

Hugs
    Jane

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.