2/27 Rusty PMPS 185 (1 hour early), +6 285

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA), Feb 27, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA)

Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA) Well-Known Member

http://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=89805

Good morning everyone,

Rusty still has noisy breathing, but he had an ok night. He ate all his nighttime food and this morning was hungry for breakfast, which has been consumed with enthusiasm. We had our shot 1/2 hour early again (same time as last night) and tonight's shot will, of necessity, be an hour earlier than this morning's (at 5 P.M., the opera begins at 6 and is over 5 hours long). I hope shooting early doesn't mess things up too much, but everything is so messed up already, the only thing I want to do is get insulin into him (because his bgs are so high owing to the two-fold bounce--the vet visit followed by the trip--and probably his lung problem, which may be asthma). So we'll see what happens today!

The beans are having lunch with a friend and then, this evening, "Parsifal" at the Met. We have had the tickets since last summer (they were extremely difficult to get, even then), so of course did not know we would be dealing with Rusty's health issues.

It is raining and extremely windy. Up North, where we will be heading tomorrow, they are getting the big snowstorm that has hit the midwest. We are hoping that the roads won't be too bad.

Everyone have a good day,

Ella & Rusty

2. PeterDevonMocha

PeterDevonMocha Well-Known Member

Re: 2/27 Rusty AMPS 253

Hi guys .. I know yellow isn't what we like to see rusty in, but I am sure once he get's back home and settled down he'll come back down to his nicer numbers .. just think of it as permission to go out and enjoy your show tonight! Have a great day!

3. Frosty

Frosty Well-Known Member

Re: 2/27 Rusty AMPS 253, +5.5 153

Hi Ella. Nice to see Rusty out of the yellow. I hope her breathing improves.

Enjoy your lunch with you friends and Parsifal tonight. Be careful going home tomorrow. Have a great day.

4. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Re: 2/27 Rusty AMPS 253, +5.5 153

Good to see Rusty came down to shore for a bit. I hope he hangs out there for a while.

Sorry to hear about the breathing. In wonder if there is something in the apartment that is causing a reaction in him. Or maybe it's just the stress of being away.

Enjoy the opera tonight. I hope they have good padding on the seats. 5 hours! :shock:

5. Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA)

Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA) Well-Known Member

Re: 2/27 Rusty AMPS 253, +5.5 153, +9.5 173

Rusty has had a better day. He knows we're going home tomorrow!
    Weather is going to be bad everywhere we will be :!:

Wendy, It is dry in the apartment, but no drier than in our house, and it is certainly less dusty than our house!!!

Gotta get ready for the opera. I will probably not post until we get home tomorrow.

Thanks for visiting while we were busy and not returning your visits.

Ella & Rusty

6. Michelle and Mannie (GA)

Michelle and Mannie (GA) Well-Known Member

Re: 2/27 Rusty AMPS 253, +5.5 153, +9.5 173

Enjoy the opera Ella, and have a very safe trip home. Pack extras for the car. I will wish you very safe travels.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.