4/22 Zoey PMPS 126, +2 65, +2.5 70, +3.5 86

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Emily and Baby, Apr 22, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Emily and Baby

Emily and Baby Member

Good evening! Today was a little insane so I am just getting time now to sit down for a moment! I saw your post from yesterday's condo Phyllis, I guess there are three quilting cat ladies on the board so far, you, Wendy and myself! I wonder as well how many more of us are out there? :D

Yesterday's Condo

Zoey is still loving his raw food, he eats more in one sitting of that than he ever did of the canned! Zukey is adapting (no pukies, anti-jinx!) but Gryffin is flat out refusing to eat it... I end up giving him straight canned because I've read it can be dangerous for cats to not eat. Now he is a clever little monkey, so I'm wondering if he has me wrapped around his paw and knows he will get what he wants in the end? The looks he gives me makes me think this is true... I am going to buy some parmesan and see if I can beat him at his own game... lol. I don't think I can afford $40+ plus shipping for Fortiflora right now, so I will do that as a last resort.

Zoey has almost halved his PMPS so I will be doing another test at +2.5. He's having a mini-bounce today, while still wearing his favourite blues and greens!

I hope everyone is having a fabulous day!

2. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Re: 4/22 Zoey PMPS 126, +2 65

Looks like Zoey wants to keep you close tonight! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Interesting on the amount of food Zoey is eating. The raw food I feed is higher calorie than canned, so when we made the switch it was to a smaller volume of food. They get 1/4 lb or 115 grams a day now. Have you tried freeze dried chicken dust on Gryffin's raw? For some reason that was what my civie need to start eating raw chicken. :roll:

3. Anne & Zener GA

Anne & Zener GA Well-Known Member

Re: 4/22 Zoey PMPS 126, +2 65

Nicely done, Zoey! Emily, I can send you a few envelopes of Fortiflora if you want to try it out. Then if it's a total bust, you won't be out anything. Send me your address in a PM and I'll put them in the mail.
    liz

4. Emily and Baby

Emily and Baby Member

Re: 4/22 Zoey PMPS 126, +2 65, +2.5 70

Wendy: Looks like I will have to keep an eye on how much he's eating. He ate about 1.5-2 oz tonight and had canned this morning. I have no clue what the calories are for my homemade or anything. For the recipe I use from Dr. Pierson's website, she says 4-6 oz, so I was thinking of aiming for 5 to start and see? Maybe that is too much? I will try some freeze dried chicken tomorrow, I have to go grab some more!

Looks like Zoey is coming back up again after only have some LC... Weird cat, I tell ya!

5. rhiannon and shadow (GA)

rhiannon and shadow (GA) Well-Known Member

Re: 4/22 Zoey PMPS 126, +2 65, +2.5 70

Hello.
    Nice :mrgreen: ...

I'm also a quilter....saw that the other day but wasn't online long enough...
    just don't have much time at the moment to get much done but my day is coming.... soon...

have you tried a canned/with a bit of raw ratio.... for Gryffen...?
    I'm trying that with mine altho' I can't get her to touch chicken... it has to be turkey. I might have given up if I hadn't figured that out.
    I'm having to go really slow but I'm hopeful that eventually I'll win.

6. Emily and Baby

Emily and Baby Member

Rhiannon: Another quilter :D I don't seem to get much time to do it either! I just started recently and have only finished one quilt so far, I have a couple more on the go, patiently waiting!

We have been trying a canned/raw ratio which works good for Zukey but Gryffin is not so impressed. I haven't tried turkey, I'm not sure if it would be more expensive? I'm going to keep at it and hopefully Gryffin will slowly adjust. If he is still resistant in a little while, I'll try turkey, thanks for the suggestion! He has always been a weird eater (would rather have honeydew than a piece of chicken) but I am hopeful he will make the transition eventually!

Zoey appears to be on the rise, so I think I can get to bed early tonight! Yay!

Special thank you to Josie and Liz, you girls rock! :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.