5/18 Zener PMPS 320;+2 343;+4 252 med mixup

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Anne & Zener GA, May 18, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Anne & Zener GA

Anne & Zener GA Well-Known Member

Yesterday

What a night last night! All managed beautifully by the night bean while I was asleep. Zener hit 36, his lowest BG ever. Yikes! :shock: :shock: And only 180 this morning. We shaved by 2 drops to skinny 0.75u. Thank you, Marje, for giving us your valuable input. :D :D :D Zener's appy is very happy again this morning, I fed him very slowly try to avoid a scarf and barf like yesterday am. His last course was on the bed with a snoozing Anne.

I am off to do a 10k race this morning. It is so close to home that I am riding my bike to the race. That won't be a problem as it is downhill. Coming home, I may have to walk. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Happy Caturday, LL! Thinking of ailing kitties and beans and all of the new kitties who have found their furever homes here in LL. :D
    Liz

2. Michelle and Mannie (GA)

Michelle and Mannie (GA) Well-Known Member

Re: 5/18 Zener AMPS 180

Morning Liz, and Anne :coffee: :coffee: :coffee:

WOOT on last night! and a 36??? WOW - awesome. Congrats on the reducie, good luck, and I hope Z-Man will hold it. I suspect so, cycles have been really good of late.

Have a great race to say. very cool on the 10K. How nice that you can just ride your bike there. LOL: I Know I'd have to walk home. :lol:

3. Ann & Maggie11 (GA)

Ann & Maggie11 (GA) Well-Known Member

Wow on the pj party last night with AnneBean! I think I saw her online just going to bed when I was getting up! Good luck on the dosecrease and congrats Zener.
    Good luck on your 10K Liz. Is that 5 miles? Scritches to Zener and Tillie?

4. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

You had quite the PJ party last night!

Please keep close tabs on Zener at this new dose. Usually, with a drop below 40, a full reduction is suggested. Since you're shaving the dose, there's always the possibility that Zener will throw you another surprise.

5. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Congrats on the reducie. Wow on the 36. I hope Zener gives you a nice blue/green surf today. Have fun in the 10K race Liz.

6. Anne & Zener GA

Thanks Sienne! We will watch him carefully. We had shaved by one drop at the beginning of this cycle when he dropped to 36, yikes. We had never had reductions back to back. :shock: I suppose by shaving two more drops this morning it's sort of a full reduction over two cycles. ;-) We went from a s1.0 yesterday morning to a f0.75 for only one cycle, and are now at a s0.75. Testing is in progress and one of us will be here all day. We are out for summer break thankfully and can monitor closely.

7. Cleo & Jane (GA)

Cleo & Jane (GA) Well-Known Member

Re: 5/18 Zener AMPS 180;+2.5 311

Wow, Zener! What a PJ party you all had! :D :eek: :D

8. Emily and Baby

Emily and Baby Member

Wow! What a ride Zener had on this surf board yesterday! I hope he's a little more calm for you today! I'm sure you're tired out from being up late, Anne! Good luck with the reduced dose!! WTG Liz on a 10K run! Hope it goes well! Hugs to you all!

9. Josie & Ripley (GA)

Josie & Ripley (GA) Well-Known Member

I missed out on a Zener PJ Party?!? Maybe next time... Whoa on the 36 :shock:
    Good job with him! Looks like there's a little bouncy action going on, but congrats on the reducie!

I hope Anne's getting some extra rest today, and hope Liz is having a good run!
    Enjoy your day!

10. Doreen and PeePee

Doreen and PeePee Member

Wow, what a night. Congratulations on the reductions! I hop race goes well. Good Luck!

Have a good day and get some rest in there.

11. Anne & Zener GA

Here comes the bounce - ugh! The race was fine. I wore exactly the right clothes but I was freezing when I finished and was all sweaty. :roll: :lol: I did make it back up the hill and had a hot bath and something to eat. No plans for today, just sitting in the recliner and watching softball. :D
    Liz

12. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Looks like you get to relax the rest of the day, hopefully with a black cat on your lap. :cool: Zener, let's keep it to the pink zone today.

Quite the night last night. Great job! Neko's only done the mid 30's once (thankfully) and I so remember the adrenaline rush. :shock:

13. Amy&TrixieCat

Amy&TrixieCat Well-Known Member

Re: 5/18 Zener AMPS 180;+2.5 311;+5 381

Wow....congrats on the reducie. Let's clear this bounce and work the juice, Z!!!

14. Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA)

Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA) Well-Known Member

Re: 5/18 Zener PMPS 320

We missed all the action, but it sounds like all was under control (more or less!). Congrats on the reducie, Zener! Let's hold it now, OK? No big bounces. Slide down from that 320!

How did you do in the 10K, Liz? I hope you had a good time, as well as a good time. Anne, I hope you got some sleep today!

Enjoy the rest of the weekend,

Ella & Rusty

15. Anne & Zener GA

Re: 5/18 Zener PMPS 320, med mixup

Well good grief! I was cutting up Zener's ondansetron pills (so I thought) and filling up his ondansetron pill container. Then stopped to get started with his evening test routine. All went well with PM test, feed and shoot. At +1 Zener came running into the kitchen, just a little desperate for fuds. He ate 1.5oz :shock: and was still begging for more. We were putting our heads together thinking "what could be wrong, could he have suddenly become hyperthyroid, are his numbers diving? and I then I thought "this is the way he acts when we give him appy stimulant cyproheptadine but a lot more". So.... I checked the meds to see what I had cut up and put in his ondansetron bottle, and YES indeed, I had cut up cypro instead of ondansetron. :oops: When we give him appy stimulant it is around 1/16mg and what he got tonight was 1mg. No wonder the poor guy was so desperate. Night duty bean feels like an idiot. Lesson learned - read the labels and then read them again. It could be a long night for our poor guy. :sad:

Thanks to all for visits to Zener's condo today. Liz survived the race, took a lot of naps and watched a lot of softball. I made it to the gym and also watched a lot of softball. The mighty Z had a bit of a well deserved poke break.

Wishing all in LL a drama free Caturday evening!

ETA
    We're having a yeowy meowy night, paws crossed this wears off soon. :roll:

16. Michelle and Mannie (GA)

Michelle and Mannie (GA) Well-Known Member

Hi Anne, Liz - on no on the meds mix up... poor you, poor Z-Man. Sure hope the appy stim wore off soon. Well, at least he's eating? I sure hope it wasn't a long night....

17. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Sorry to hear about the meds mixup. At least you figured out what was going on. Poor Zener. I hope it wore off soon and your night wasn't too long.

18. Emily and Baby

Emily and Baby Member

Oh dear!! Sorry to hear about the yeowy meowy night!!! I hope it didn't last too long! Poor Z-Man! I'm sure if you give him his favourite treat, he'll forgive you instantly :razz: Paws crossed his numbers aren't too wacky today from extra nom noms!!!

19. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

Sorry about the mix-up. It may help to color code the caps on the bottles with a Sharpie, nail polish, etc. The pharmacy may even be able to give you a different colored cap.

20. Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA)

Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA) Well-Known Member

I hope that it has all worn off and that all of you can get some good cat naps today!!

Ella & Rusty

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.