01-03 Panzer SUPPORT PET INFO NEEDED PMPS 145/99@+4/103@+5/96@+6/111@+7

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Chrispooky12, Jan 3, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chrispooky12

Chrispooky12 Well-Known Member

I had to work today, so I was only able to get a couple of tests in AMPS. My Mom passed away a year ago today, so it's been a hard day. I am needing information on how to make Panzer a support pet, I know there are alt of scams out there, so if anyone knows or has a support pet please share info. I originally was going to rehome my girl kitty because I am going to be moving soon. If I can make Panzer a support pet,I may be able to keep her. Panzer ate for my roommate out of his feeder today no problem at all, little brat! He is in the greens as of +4 & slid through the greens last night on his new dose. Hoping for another green night! https://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/threads/12-30-panzer-pmps-141-83-4-85-5-96-6-98-7.257284/

2. Chrispooky12

3. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

Panzer is looking good. I can’t answer your question but hope somebody knows. You might want to post on the main forum as well.

Chrispooky12 likes this.
  4. Bandit's Mom

Bandit's Mom Well-Known Member

Noah & me (GA) and Chrispooky12 like this.
  5. Marje and Gracie

Marje and Gracie Senior Member Moderator

It’s my understanding that you have to have a legitimate Emotional Support Animal letter from a licensed mental health professional such as a psychologist, social worker, psychiatrist, licensed counselor, LMFT, or mental health nurse.

6. Chris & China (GA)

Chris & China (GA) Well-Known Member

Bingo...that's exactly right. All those "certificates" you can buy off the internet are garbage.

7. Chrispooky12

That's what I thought scammers:banghead:

8. Chrispooky12

Ok thank you, I use to see a counselor, so maybe I can talk with her about it. :bighug:

Marje and Gracie likes this.
  9. Chrispooky12

Thank you :bighug:

Bandit's Mom likes this.
  10. Diane Tyler's Mom

Diane Tyler's Mom Well-Known Member

I'm sorry about your Mom Christina , my mom passed away 13 years ago and I miss her everyday. Sending you gentle hugs :bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

11. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

Not everyone gets mental health treatment from the professionals that Wendy noted. For example, primary care MDs will prescribe psych meds. You could also try asking your primary care provider if s/he will write a letter on your behalf.

Generally, the letter needs to be on letterhead, include the type of animal, why you need the pet to be an ESA (this does not mean including a diagnosis or any personal medical information), the provider's signature and license number.

12. Chrispooky12

Ok thank you. I was talking to old landlord about it today & he said if a landlord doesn't want 3 cats 2 excluding the support pet, they will deny your application for another reason! Which is just great NOT! I might be getting my old place back once he kicks my ex out, but it needs quite a bit of work first, fingers & paws crossed :cat:

13. Noah & me (GA)

Noah & me (GA) Well-Known Member

Sorry about your mom Christina. My brother in law passed away in November and all he wanted was a forever home for his dog. That big mutt is with us now as is my mother in law. With Jordie (the dog) here mom feels a direct connection to her only son, the need for companion animals is as real as anything. Neither me, my wife or mom needs psych meds. For us we have each other, mom loves the cats, the cats and dog adore each other and my BIL can rest in peace. Here 'Forever" means something, not everyone understands that.
    I have two extremely rare neurological conditions, so rare I went through three psychiatrists before someone figured out it was real pain. If you seek that help and aren't happy with the results it's the doctor, not you. I'm having some real anxiety issues that my doctor just won't acknowledge, aren't we all right now?
    Best wishes for you and your mental health, many of us have been where you are now. You're never alone here, you never were. :bighug:
    and... @Chris & China (GA) Happy birthday Chris!

Last edited: Jan 15, 2022
    Reason for edit: more
    Chrispooky12 likes this.
  14. Chrispooky12

My Mom passing away is the harder thing I've ever been through. Everytime I go to my regular doctor every 3mons because I take klonopin for anxiety & panic disorder all I talk about is Panzer & all of the amazing people on here. So that right there should say that he is supportive for my mental, emotional & physical health. I called my doctor to see about getting a note & the girl said we don't do that but we will talk to your doctor for you. I haven't heard back from them yet sadly:bighug:

Noah & me (GA) likes this.
  15. Noah & me (GA)

Noah & me (GA) Well-Known Member

The only reason I get my Klonopin/Clonazepam is because my doctor is an actual human being. Her dog died right after ours and we both did the politically incorrect bear hug. I don't explain any of this at my pharmacy, there was always a lot of snickering when I got diabetic supplies for "just a cat".
    Maybe the people here we think of as amazing are just honest and open to sharing, don't see much of that anymore.

Chrispooky12 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.