01/11 Twice AMBG 86- Checking In

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Kim & Twice, Jan 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kim & Twice

Kim & Twice Well-Known Member

Good morning LL :coffee:
    Hope everyone is having a wonderful start to their weekend. Thought we would check in with a Twice Report.
    He's doing very well and has decided to move back full time with his posse in the apartment. At first he would only do day visits down there, but now seems to want to just hang out with his buds and reclaim his favorite toys and sleeping areas :lol: His bff, Dipurr, is thrilled to have him back. They spend about 80% of the day snuggling. I miss having him all to myself tho...and when I am down there to visit and do my puttering, he is the first one to want lap time :smile! I just love seeing him getting so strong again. He has a little ways to go yet, and the Zobaline is helping. I have also added some extra calories to his rotation and he is coming along slowly but surely. Twice sends his love to every one of you!!

The strays have continued to invade the house, although the weather is starting to finally warm up enough for them to go back out. They are 'softened' I guess, because they stand out there and shake their feet while staring sadly into the window. So of course, they get their way and we let them back in :roll: A new mama and her baby moved into the house on the deck. Not often you see a dark red female, but that's what the kitten is. The mama is a torti, and pretty skittish but I think she will be easy enough to trap and get spayed.

We were woken up the other night to a loud rumbling PURRRRRRR under the bed. All 4 strays were nested inside the boxpring. They ripped a handy hole in the mesh and made a den :roll: :lol: Needless to say, we didn't get much of a sleep that night! Please come quick Spring!!! :lol:

With the holidays officially over, we are continuing on with the renovations. We are hoping to get the kitchen wrapped up soon (yeah right) and then back to the dreaded crown moulding.

My thoughts and prayers continue for those in need. Hugs to all of you!

2. Josie & Ripley (GA)

Josie & Ripley (GA) Well-Known Member

Hi Kim! What a great WCR for Twice :D I'm so glad he's doing well.
    What clever kitties to snuggle up in the boxspring. I'm sure the acoustics made for extra loud purr echoes!
    Good luck with the home projects. Take care!

3. Kim & Twice

Thanks for the visit Josie! Miss being able to chat with you, so always love to see you pop in :D :D Hope all is going smooth on the homefront there. Must be busy with the back to school stuff :D

4. Chris & China (GA)

Chris & China (GA) Well-Known Member

Great to hear how Twice is doing Kim!! I know you're missing your snuggles, but it's wonderful to hear he's feeling so much more social and getting back to his "best furbuds"

Funny on the cats IN the boxspring...I've heard of vibrating beds before, but I don't think a clan full of purring kitties is what they had in mind :lol: :lol:

5. Tricia Cinco(GA) & Harvey

Tricia Cinco(GA) & Harvey Well-Known Member

Great start to the day, Twice! Being with your furbuds must agree with you. Just don't forget, mama beans need love, too! :D

Kitties in the box springs... ahh, that takes me back. The first two we had after we got married, Max and Nemesis, ripped a hole in our brand new box spring when they were just babies. They didn't sleep there at night (preferring to be on top of the bed with us), but that's where they hid when they'd been naughty or when we needed to take them to the vet (they always knew!). My dh taped it up, but they always managed to get back in. Five years in, we switched to a waterbed, and there were no more box springs incursions! :lol:

Good luck with those renovations. Been there, done that (5 years ago - but I remember it like it was last night's nightmare). Just keep telling yourself that the end result is worth it! :roll:

Have a great Caturday!

6. Rachel & Chyna (GA)

Rachel & Chyna (GA) Well-Known Member

Thanks for visiting us Kim, all 6 times! :lol: :lol: Something glitchy is going on, I've had a lot of error messages today when I hit submit or edit...

Anyhoo, it's nice to see a Twice condo and hear he's doing great! His buddy must be soooo happy to have him back visiting, even if his bean misses him. Looks like the strays are willing to be replacement cuddlers ;-) Wow on them making their own little nest! :roll:

I hope the renos go well, they always end up being so much more work than expected it seems :shock: Have a nice rest of your Caturday!

(PS we're expecting 10cm of snow today...so I guess you will be soon!)

7. Michelle and Mannie (GA)

Michelle and Mannie (GA) Well-Known Member

WOOT! A Twice report. All is well I see. YAY! It is so cool to read that he's getting stronger, getting back to being his old self. How very wonderful is that. :D :D :D :D

Kudos to you and the strays. really well done. I will laugh just a little on there making a home for themselves in your box spring. :lol: oh wow on the new mama and the babies. That dark red one sounds very pretty.

Good luck with the reno - i so remember those days.... I hope all goes well.

Enjoy today, and thanks for visiting us all.

8. Cleo & Jane (GA)

Cleo & Jane (GA) Well-Known Member

Hi Kim,

What a great Twice report! So nice to hear he is back to hanging with his buds, but still giving his momma some lovin' cat_pet_icon
    Our spare room boxspring has the cover ripped too, and that is the kitties hidey hole when they are scared :D
    So, do the strays have names yet? Or does that make them permanent fixtures :lol: You and your DH are good peopleā™„ Good luck with the continuing reno :D

9. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

I'm glad Twice is doing so well. How cute on the strays still wanting back in. Wow on the hole in the boxsprings. How funny on the loud purring. :lol:

10. Suzanne & Cobb(GA)

Suzanne & Cobb(GA) Well-Known Member

Great to hear Twice is doing well!

Cobb has also destroyed the box spring in our guest bedroom. He used to live sitting up inside it dangling in the fabric. He's much too big to do that now, but I remember freaking out the first time I found him there! The only upside, with the torn fabric, it's easier to get a grip when moving it!

11. julie & punkin (ga)

julie & punkin (ga) Well-Known Member

:lol: LOVE the image of 4 kitties sleeping in your boxsprings! i'll bet they love it too. talk about snuggly! we had a cat, TC, who ripped her way into the lining under the sofa. made quite a mess, but how can you possibly stop them from doing it?!

great to hear a Twice report! great to hear from you, too.

12. MonetsMom

MonetsMom Member

Happy Saturday Carla !

So happy to hear Twice is going well. Too funny about the srays and the box springs :lol:

Hope the reno continues to go well and will be over quickly so things can get back to normal for you.

13. Kim & Twice

So nice to get all the great visits today :D We sure do miss that part! So funny that so many of you have a boxspring story :lol: All my years that I've had so many kitties, and this event I thought was an original :lol: :lol:
    I've tried to visit today and even help a bit on a couple new posts, but my computer keeps giving proxy errors and such, as Rachel can attest to from my 6 visits :lol: :lol: Unfortunately for her, I never said anything more clever or imaginative any of those times :lol:
    Hope this glich resolves by tomorrow so I can get visiting :sad:
    Have a fabulous night peeps! (Now let's see how many times this posts :roll: :lol: )

14. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Evening Kim - I just see your last post once. :lol: :lol:

Love the Twice report, although it's sad for you that his feline buddies are more his style now. Funny stories on the box springs. Back when Neko was a younger (ie. smaller) cat, she used to hide in the boxspring in our spare bedroom. It's the only bed with access to the bottom. Now she just hides under the bed, mostly in bad weather.

15. Amy&TrixieCat

Amy&TrixieCat Well-Known Member

Wonderful Twice report!!! Ummmm....are you sure the "strays" are still strays ;-) :lol: ??? My Frankie also invaded the boxspring of our spare bed. It actually freaked me out - I was afraid she'd get hurt in there. So, DH stapled cardboard all around the underside of the bed so she couldn't get in there again. Crazy cats - they're all on the same page, aren't they??

Ah renovations...it's the story of our lives here! One day, maybe one day, we'll be done, too! Have a great evening, Kim!!

16. Kim & Twice

ohmygod_smile :lol: I don't know how I missed it, but Julie!!! The sofa!! Little buggers! :lol: :lol:
    And yes, I keep telling myself they are still strays. But...they have names....stray names tho! Caqui (mama), Weasel (big bro), Angry Badger (little boy), Hissing Heidi (little girl). New red kitten is No-no. No name for new mama yet.

17. Anne & Zener GA

Anne & Zener GA Well-Known Member

Great Twice report! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: Uh, I don't think cats who sleep in the box springs can be called "strays". :lol: :lol: :lol:
    Liz

18. Kim & Twice

Et tu Liz???

19. mariko

mariko Well-Known Member

Hi Kim,
    So nice to see a Twice condo!
    And I'm so glad he's doing so well. :D

20. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

So were the kitties making the bed vibrate with all of that purring? Great report and lovely numbers.

21. Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA)

Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA) Well-Known Member

We had mice living in our sofa bed in one of our student apartments!

How great Twice is doing! It's nice that he's going back to his old ways. It shows that diabetes is taking a back seat to normal life. Kim, you did a great job!

I think the "strays" are not really strays. Yes?

Good luck with your renovations.

Hugs and scritches,

Ella & Rusty

22. Amy & Papaya (GA)

Amy & Papaya (GA) Well-Known Member

Hi Kim! I haven't been posting regularly lately but was just perusing LL and had to stop in and say hi! I'm glad to hear Twice is doing well. Too funny about the purring boxspring - that used to be one of Papaya's favorite spots too. But I wasn't going to try to haul her out of there when she needed a shot so boxspring is on the floor now :lol: Have fun with the renos . . . my mom always says she thought my little brother's first word would be "dirty" because they were doing big renos when he was getting to talking age! All the best to you and the many critters :D

23. Marje and Gracie

Marje and Gracie Senior Member Moderator

What a great marketing tool if you decided to adopt them out.....they double as bed vibrators :lol: :lol:

It's great to hear Twice is doing so well. I always love his story and what a very lucky boy he is.

We've missed you!!!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.