01/16 Fortune dose increase? AMPS 287 +3 343 +6 381 +9 316 PMPS 265 +2 358

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by RachelG, Jan 16, 2021.

1. RachelG

RachelG Member

Happy Saturday!

Yesterday

Fortune's skipped dose due to the vet is 6 cycles ago as of this morning. His numbers are still high (and maybe bouncing?) but not as high as they were. (phew! It is very scary to see the 400s and 500s!)

According to TR, since his numbers are still high but the nadir is under 300, we should be going up .25 IU for his evening shot. I don't want to rush the increase, however, so open to input if we should wait additional cycles.

Fortune has been high with unregulated BG for well over three months so while we are trying to be patient, I want to make sure I'm not unnecessarily delaying things for him.

We also picked up low carb rabbit today so we plan on switching his food this evening. Fingers crossed this helps with his disease progression!

2. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

See if he drops any more but I think you can increase.

RachelG likes this.
  3. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

What have you been feeding Fortune the last day? Just wondering if the higher numbers were due to food changes. You did say something about feeding his old food yesterday. It's always good to note food changes in the spreadsheet.

RachelG likes this.
  4. RachelG

RachelG Member

We haven't changed his food yet but we did give him a few dried minnows. We are planning to introduce the rabbit tonight (just picked it up today). Thanks for the tip! I'll make note what we feed.

He dropped a little more, but still in the 300s @ +9

5. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

I think you're fine to increase.

RachelG likes this.
  6. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

OK, I though you had started some older food yesterday, but it sounds like he just needs more insulin.

RachelG likes this.
  7. Diane Tyler's Mom

Diane Tyler's Mom Well-Known Member

Good luck with the increase ♥:bighug::bighug::cat:
    @RachelG

RachelG likes this.
  8. RachelG

RachelG Member

We went forward with the increase, and he jumped at +2! :arghh::banghead:

We will try to wake up early and do a +10, but I'm hoping it's just new dose wonkiness. The new food is supposed to be very low carb...

Diane Tyler's Mom likes this.
  9. RachelG

RachelG Member

You're right, we were supposed to lol. But forgot...:D